All member reviews for Grease

Musical phenomenon is great fun, but a bit racy.

Kid, 9 years old July 15, 2011

Grease A great movie!

Well in the beginning John Travolta smokes.But I wish he didn't.It's an awesome musical movie like it's practically the best musical movie.I've watched the movie like when I was 2 or 4 I haven't seen it in a long time when it is on I would enjoy watching it.I would let kids that are 9 years old of age watch it.But after all it is a great movie!
Kid, 11 years old June 10, 2011

NOT THAT BAD! (But pause for a few years!)

I had watched this movie countless times by the time I was 6. There is fabulous music, and it'd a really fun movie. However, there is lots of sex talk, Danny tries to have sex with sandy, characters are shown in skimpy outfits (bras etc), there is a lot of making out and Rizzo and Nicky have sex, though there clothes stay on. Rizzo has a pregnancy scare. There is a lot of swearing. But other than that, show your kids this movie. They'll love it. Maybe you should wait a few years. You should start showing this to kids after they're 6, a,d by the time they're 14 or so, they should be totally fine with it.
Kid, 12 years old April 23, 2011

Great

Great movie,and is just a fun movie about older teens goofing up high school.
Kid, 10 years old March 2, 2011

FUN!!! FUN!!! FUN!!!

A great movie. But don't show it to younger kids.
Kid, 11 years old February 22, 2011

The bestest

I LOOOOOOOVE it it's my favorite show next to inception.:) My favorite seen is when they sing your the one the i want:)))) If you haven't seen it you need to. Although there is some sexual stuff about rizzo and her on and off boyfriend.
Kid, 11 years old January 19, 2011

Great movie

I love this movie, i've seen this movie sooo many times! There is some innapropriate stuff, but if you trust your child, it'll be fun. It's a GOOD movie!
Kid, 12 years old January 10, 2011

Amazing

Grease is amazing. I am in a play about it at school. the sexual content you definitly need to watch out for. But you really don't need to worry to much.This is a timeless classic that is very addicting. The songs do get stuck in your head very easily though. That was a warning.
Kid, 10 years old December 23, 2010

AWFUL!!!!!!!!!

i really didnt like grease because its just a bunch of high school teens singing and making fun of others . BORING & AWFUL
Kid, 10 years old October 12, 2010

i love this movie its got to much sex in it though i had to wind it forward in the bit when there doing it in the car but i love the music
Kid, 11 years old August 23, 2010

AH-MAYZING!

This movie is a CLASSIC! It's amazing! I watched it with a few friends and family (including three 7 year olds and a four year old, but that didnt need to be mentioned, cuz they got bored and left in the first 10 minutes) and it was soo funny and nice, especially "beuty school drop out". :-) If you havent already seen it, this movie is a must watch! grease lightning, go grease lighning...
Parent of a 9, 13, and 17 year old Written byPie Mama July 30, 2010

It's a classic!

I love this movie! It's so fun! It's a classic! But the second one was a S**t. There are some conversations that are not good, but I just love it!
Teen, 17 years old Written byKunga Sagar July 9, 2010

Grease - The Fun Musical that's a bit to Sexy at times!

I personally loved Grease even though some things may be a bit Sexual for younger kids. Bad words like F words and B words aren't used a s much but slang from the 50's is used a lot. The song "Sandra Dee" talks about Virginity and Bed Talk. The song "Greased Lightnin" has sexual meanings but the words may not be noticed as much if children only sing the chorus parts. Other songs like "Your the one the that I Want" and We go together" have no worries about Sexual meanings or bad language. The love scene between Rizzo and Kenickie in the car may be a little disturbing as Kenickie talks to Rizzo about his condom. Over all, Grease is fun, sexy musical thats for the whole family but you should be careful if your a parent who really have issues with not letting children see any innapropiate scenes.
Kid, 11 years old July 7, 2010

the BEST!!

It one of my favorite movies ever!! There is some inaprpiate stuff that wouldnt be good for young kids.
Kid, 12 years old July 4, 2010

Any age i was 5:)

Obiously as you can see a lot of ppl have different oppinions but seriously this is my fav movie and my moms and grandmother's fav movie to... I first saw it when i was 4 years old seriosly at that age the word sex goes through one ear and out the other to younger age from baby to 9 years old it is just a good musical so i would say it is a great family movie now for 10 and above u may wanna watch out cuz characters have language such as jugs which means breast so ur child may think jugs mean somethin different cuz i remember i did till i got up into age also at the drive in scene danny is shown trying to touch sandy plus Rizzo and the other pink ladies r shown making fun of sandy's virginity and trying to get her to smoke and drink and also rizzo and kinnickie r shown makin out or even more than tht and after rizzo thimks she may be pregnant and other than that its great:)<3 hope this helps!
Teen, 13 years old Written byCandiceTalks June 14, 2010

Great movie!

Great movie, really great! I loved it so much. I rate it on for 12+, not because it's inappropriate for younger viewers, it's just that children under 12 might not understand most of the jokes/sensual scenes. Violence - Isn't really an issue, the worst is maybe an attempt at a fist fight. Sex - A character is briefly shown in her bra, characters are seen making out several times, at the drive-in a character makes a pass at another character, sexual words are spoken when two characters talk about a broken condom resulting in a character's fear that she may be pregnant, bare butts are seen when some characters moon a television camera, male characters discuss female anatomy, one male looks up the skirts of a female student, female characters dance around in their lingerie making fun of a character's virginity, the song "Greased Lightnin" has some mild sexual content.. Language - Mild. Just like "sh-t", "t-ts", "dammit", etc. Mostly sexual content. Drinking, smoking, drugs - Lots of the "cool" characters smoke and drink. At a slumber party, female characters persuade another female character to try some wine and to try smoking. She does.
Kid, 12 years old April 10, 2010

I love this movie. It's a cool movie. It's full of dancing. It's full of music, It's full of love. It's a cool pg-13 style movie. I like it. It highly recommeded it.
Kid, 12 years old March 25, 2010

Mixed Review: What to look out for

I love the movie but, there are a few scenes that may not be appropriate for ages under 11. There are several times characters use language. Just about everyone smokes which isn't a good thing to teach children. I dont think the message is good, I don't think that children or anyone should change themselves for someone they love.
Kid, 10 years old November 28, 2009

Grease is the word!!!;)

This is a great movie but, there is some sexual activity but not so much that you have to worry about it. You may want to cover your child's eyes on one particular scene with Kenickie and Rizzo in car. There are also some references to girls that aren't that appropriate. But, other than that, it is a great movie with a phenomenal soundtrack!
Teen, 14 years old Written bypinkcrushxo November 28, 2009

I think this movie has a great plot but there is too much sexual material. Alot of stuff will go over the younger viewers heads. But for those who have a grasp on it will be able to pick it up.
Kid, 10 years old November 15, 2009