Musical phenomenon is still great fun but quite racy.

Teen, 17 years old Written byKunga Sagar July 9, 2010

Grease - The Fun Musical that's a bit to Sexy at times!

I personally loved Grease even though some things may be a bit Sexual for younger kids. Bad words like F words and B words aren't used a s much but slang from the 50's is used a lot. The song "Sandra Dee" talks about Virginity and Bed Talk. The song "Greased Lightnin" has sexual meanings but the words may not be noticed as much if children only sing the chorus parts. Other songs like "Your the one the that I Want" and We go together" have no worries about Sexual meanings or bad language. The love scene between Rizzo and Kenickie in the car may be a little disturbing as Kenickie talks to Rizzo about his condom. Over all, Grease is fun, sexy musical thats for the whole family but you should be careful if your a parent who really have issues with not letting children see any innapropiate scenes.
Kid, 11 years old July 7, 2010

the BEST!!

It one of my favorite movies ever!! There is some inaprpiate stuff that wouldnt be good for young kids.
Kid, 12 years old July 4, 2010

Any age i was 5:)

Obiously as you can see a lot of ppl have different oppinions but seriously this is my fav movie and my moms and grandmother's fav movie to... I first saw it when i was 4 years old seriosly at that age the word sex goes through one ear and out the other to younger age from baby to 9 years old it is just a good musical so i would say it is a great family movie now for 10 and above u may wanna watch out cuz characters have language such as jugs which means breast so ur child may think jugs mean somethin different cuz i remember i did till i got up into age also at the drive in scene danny is shown trying to touch sandy plus Rizzo and the other pink ladies r shown making fun of sandy's virginity and trying to get her to smoke and drink and also rizzo and kinnickie r shown makin out or even more than tht and after rizzo thimks she may be pregnant and other than that its great:)<3 hope this helps!
Teen, 13 years old Written byCandiceTalks June 14, 2010

Great movie!

Great movie, really great! I loved it so much. I rate it on for 12+, not because it's inappropriate for younger viewers, it's just that children under 12 might not understand most of the jokes/sensual scenes. Violence - Isn't really an issue, the worst is maybe an attempt at a fist fight. Sex - A character is briefly shown in her bra, characters are seen making out several times, at the drive-in a character makes a pass at another character, sexual words are spoken when two characters talk about a broken condom resulting in a character's fear that she may be pregnant, bare butts are seen when some characters moon a television camera, male characters discuss female anatomy, one male looks up the skirts of a female student, female characters dance around in their lingerie making fun of a character's virginity, the song "Greased Lightnin" has some mild sexual content.. Language - Mild. Just like "sh-t", "t-ts", "dammit", etc. Mostly sexual content. Drinking, smoking, drugs - Lots of the "cool" characters smoke and drink. At a slumber party, female characters persuade another female character to try some wine and to try smoking. She does.
Kid, 12 years old April 10, 2010
I love this movie. It's a cool movie. It's full of dancing. It's full of music, It's full of love. It's a cool pg-13 style movie. I like it. It highly recommeded it.
Kid, 12 years old March 25, 2010

Mixed Review: What to look out for

I love the movie but, there are a few scenes that may not be appropriate for ages under 11. There are several times characters use language. Just about everyone smokes which isn't a good thing to teach children. I dont think the message is good, I don't think that children or anyone should change themselves for someone they love.
Kid, 10 years old November 28, 2009

Grease is the word!!!;)

This is a great movie but, there is some sexual activity but not so much that you have to worry about it. You may want to cover your child's eyes on one particular scene with Kenickie and Rizzo in car. There are also some references to girls that aren't that appropriate. But, other than that, it is a great movie with a phenomenal soundtrack!
Teen, 14 years old Written bypinkcrushxo November 28, 2009
I think this movie has a great plot but there is too much sexual material. Alot of stuff will go over the younger viewers heads. But for those who have a grasp on it will be able to pick it up.
Kid, 10 years old November 15, 2009

OKAY FOR 8 TO 10 YEAR OLDS WIYH A PARENT

LOVE IT
Kid, 11 years old October 6, 2009

tweens-teens no lower

i liked it,but to much kissing
Kid, 11 years old October 4, 2009

great for tweens and up

I loved grease it is funny and a classic love story
Adult Written bywhateverfloats September 14, 2009
Kid, 11 years old August 28, 2009

Cool

I used to hate this movie but i love it now and personally it wasn't terrible.The boys in the movie are basicly pigs.younger kids will probably not understand any of the bad things but older children will most likely catch it.
Teen, 14 years old Written byLimoLoverxx August 6, 2009

really, parents?

seriously. i saw this when i was 7. calm down.
Kid, 11 years old August 2, 2009
Kid, 10 years old June 13, 2009
Teen, 13 years old Written byalpha1014 April 11, 2009

Know Your Kid

Great movie! But not for young viewers.
Teen, 13 years old Written byspikiepikie09 February 22, 2009

All time family film!

Grease is suitable for anyone of any age, as long as they understand that they won't be smoking, etc. It is a feel good film.
Teen, 13 years old Written bydancer-2 February 7, 2009

best movie Ever to be made

i L-O-V-E this movie it is so good i first saw it when i was 6 because my dad relly likes this movie to and some parts re in appropiriate for like little kids but it is the best

Loved it!!!!!!!!!!

I first saw this movie when I was 8! My parents are very strict but had seen this movie and thought it was great. I have always loved this movie and I'm sure kids over the age of 8 will too!!!!!!!!!!!!!