All member reviews for Grown Ups 2

Crude, sophomoric sequel doesn't improve on original.

Educator and Parent Written bytaylor74743 July 20, 2013

Not for children under 13

I think that this is a movie for adults and children at least 13. My husband and I watched it, but would never take my 11 year old to see this movie!! It had several laughs. However, that wouldn't make up for the inappropriate scenes that include drunk college kids partying and sexual innuendo. Not to mention the dance (ballet) instructor's lack of clothing and provocative dancing that resembles a stripper, and the men drooling over her. Some younger children may not pick up on the sexual innuendo. As a parent, this is not a conversation I want to start over a movie my child has watched. I would rather let my son watch a PG-13 movie with language and mild violence. Once again, I enjoyed this movie and found it to be funny. But I would warn parents that are thinking of taking younger children.
Adult Written byjoshua martinez July 16, 2013

13 and up.

this comedy movie stars with the same actors from the first film Adam sandler, chris rock, david spade, and kevin james grown ups 2 is an average movie filled with funny scenes and gross out humor scenes and parents you need to know that grown ups 2 has some mild slapstick violence in some parts the movie has Lots of innuendo crude comments, and some references to masturbation the movie also has some strong langauge used and Lots of drinking and drunkenness used during raucous parties.
Parent Written bymoviegoerr July 12, 2013

disappointment, crude and obnoxious

The original Grown ups was close to the edge but tolerable and yes, funny for PG-13. This movie was so full of sexual inuendos, vulgar language and obnoxious scenes that it over shadowed the actual funny moments. I can not understand why is was rated PG- 13 other than the poor plot and script. After numerous movies, this one is at the top for embarrassment as a parent to take the kids to.
Teen, 16 years old Written byNizar G July 22, 2013

A good laugh!

So all in all the movie is a good laugh and can cheer you up! From one point of view i can say that its definitely a good movie and a must for all you Adam Sandler fans out there because I think that this movie just reached the peak of comedy, its a non-stop laugh! but for all you parents out there its definitely not a movie for your kids it has its dirty parts from the naked male stars jumping into a lake or just the provocative clothing that they had on during a party... Had some swearing here and there but not something to talk about... So if you're looking for a good time with your partner what the hell are you waiting for?!
Teen, 15 years old Written byiPunk July 12, 2013

Intending to be a good role model, Lenny sets a bad example for his son

Lenny couldn't forgive a bully he had to put up with when he was in school. He ended up fighting him with an intention of being a good role model for his son. But if that was real life, that would have been a bad example. We don't always have urges to fight people, but we do have urges to fight what people do. It's not always the person that makes us mad, it's what the person is doing. Eventually Lenny's son ends up in a fight with his bully, and it doesn't turn out that great. There are some kicks in the groin in this movie.
Adult Written byAio August 9, 2013

don't bother

dirty movie, as rated PG-13 is not appropriate at all, jokes are disgusting. much worse than the 1st one.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTheFMan July 30, 2014

Grown Ups Need To Grow Up

I'd say no. The problem with this movie is that it's humor is too crude for kids who are old enough to find funny, so once you reach the age of 10, you won't find too many of the jokes funny. Plus, it was an Adam Sandler movie, so we all knew it was gonna suck. TheFMan out.
Teen, 14 years old Written byMonica1413 January 5, 2014

Waste of time! First movie is better

First off this movie was not nearly as good as the first one. If your kid has already seen the first one then you might as well let them see this one cause it's the same stuff. There were some funny parts to this movie but mostly it was a bunch of sex jokes and men being idiots. There was something about the first movie that was much better. It really depends on how mature your kid is, they might not even get half the jokes then what's even the point of watching the movie? But I think 14 and up is probably mature enough to see this especially if they've already seen the first one.
Written byAnonymous November 25, 2013

Just read the review

Oh from such a funny movie to an undescribably awful movie. I didn't even watch all of it it was that bad. That's all I have to say.
Kid, 10 years old July 12, 2013

BAD

this movie is not good for kids m age or younger!
Kid, 12 years old August 25, 2014

would give it no stars if I could!!!!

TERRIBLE MOVIE!!! NOT FUNNY WHAT SO EVER TERRIBLE ACTORS
Kid, 10 years old January 21, 2014

Grown Ups 2 Review

It was just fine. It has a lot of humor, and + there are some drunk teens partying, A lot of language, and + 4 guys are forced to jump off a cliff naked (though you can't really see the privates)
Teen, 15 years old Written byStevie111 November 8, 2013

Dumb, very dumb, but kind of funny

Silly slapstick movie, that despite being quite stupid, is sort of funny. It's not that good, but it's better than I thought it'd be.
Kid, 9 years old September 12, 2013

grown ups 2

its a great movie to watch with your teen children.
Kid, 11 years old August 27, 2013

Just as good as its predecessor

Hilarious. Fine for 7 and up. some sexual content but younger kids wont get it or put it in there mind at all.
Kid, 11 years old August 23, 2013

Lots of crude jokes, bad storyline but pretty funny!

Teen, 13 years old Written byGreat gatsby August 6, 2013

Not really bad

Saw 3 weeks ago when it came out a little of crude humor like the first one but not really bad
Kid, 11 years old July 27, 2013

Grown Ups 2!

Funniest movie ever ;) A must see
Teen, 14 years old Written byPlayerboy July 15, 2013

Very Good Movie

Grown ups 2 was very good! It was very funny. There was positive stuff but lots of bad language. There was a lot of drinking but it was okay. Grown ups 2 was better than the first one.
Kid, 10 years old August 18, 2014

Cool

Swearing is not that high only words like a--hole once but also they said d--k like two times but also a-- d--n h--l crap and one time somebody almost said the mf word but it is not noticeable but there is still a lot of suggestive stuff and some stuff about being gay