All member reviews for Grown Ups 2

Crude, sophomoric sequel doesn't improve on original.

Parent Written bymoviegoerr July 12, 2013

disappointment, crude and obnoxious

The original Grown ups was close to the edge but tolerable and yes, funny for PG-13. This movie was so full of sexual inuendos, vulgar language and obnoxious scenes that it over shadowed the actual funny moments. I can not understand why is was rated PG- 13 other than the poor plot and script. After numerous movies, this one is at the top for embarrassment as a parent to take the kids to.
Adult Written byjoshua martinez July 16, 2013

13 and up.

this comedy movie stars with the same actors from the first film Adam sandler, chris rock, david spade, and kevin james grown ups 2 is an average movie filled with funny scenes and gross out humor scenes and parents you need to know that grown ups 2 has some mild slapstick violence in some parts the movie has Lots of innuendo crude comments, and some references to masturbation the movie also has some strong langauge used and Lots of drinking and drunkenness used during raucous parties.
Educator and Parent Written bytaylor74743 July 20, 2013

Not for children under 13

I think that this is a movie for adults and children at least 13. My husband and I watched it, but would never take my 11 year old to see this movie!! It had several laughs. However, that wouldn't make up for the inappropriate scenes that include drunk college kids partying and sexual innuendo. Not to mention the dance (ballet) instructor's lack of clothing and provocative dancing that resembles a stripper, and the men drooling over her. Some younger children may not pick up on the sexual innuendo. As a parent, this is not a conversation I want to start over a movie my child has watched. I would rather let my son watch a PG-13 movie with language and mild violence. Once again, I enjoyed this movie and found it to be funny. But I would warn parents that are thinking of taking younger children.
Parent of a 10 and 13 year old Written byAngelBeth76 August 8, 2013

Not for kids. Overpowering sexual theme - heterosexual and homosexual

Do not bother with this movie. The first one was pretty good. It has some sexual content and language, but it was pretty mild. The 2nd one is 4 times worse. There is sexual content in nearly every part of the movie and there is more language. There are some laughable parts, but the plot line is all over the place and the few good parts are overpowered by the homosexual and heterosexual content. I wish I would have researched more before I took my boys to see it. Disgusted.
Parent of a 12 year old Written byedklat May 31, 2015
Adult Written byaidans1 April 11, 2015
Parent Written byGigi8888 August 9, 2013

Don't bother

I would strongly recommend that a parent with a child 14 and under avoid this movie. It was beyond stupid with extremely inappropriate content for kids . The sexual content, racist comments and sheer idiocy was overwhelming. The dumbing down of America is here, save your kids.
Parent of a 10 and 12 year old Written byozziemum January 3, 2014

Not a PG movie!

Could not believe this movie is rated PG! Almost every scene has either sexual innuendo, sexism, drinking, swearing or violence. Would not recommend for children under 13....actually would not recommend it to anyone, absolute waste of time!
Parent Written byGrammierose November 9, 2013

Don't waste your time insidious and crass

Stupid
Parent of a 18+ year old Written byredhawk3260 May 13, 2014

Pretty funny, not as good as the original

It was a really funny family comedy if you have teens, It obviously teaches a messages of friendship but more language with one f*** but other words like bitch, ass, dumass, damn, hell, and d***. Sex isn't that bad theres no sex just some jokes, and crude humor, theres a scene where kids who are not in college pretend they drink beer.Some fun violence
Adult Written byAio August 9, 2013

don't bother

dirty movie, as rated PG-13 is not appropriate at all, jokes are disgusting. much worse than the 1st one.
Parent of a 11 year old Written byxmen45 July 19, 2013

FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Grown Ups 2, an comedy starring Adam Sandler is pretty crude. It is more crude and rude than the first one cracking jokes at women, and heavy weight people. It uses mild cuss words but, not so frequeltly. It is hilarous either way. College students offer two high school students beer, though they spill it in a lake. Men jump off a 35 foot cliff naked, back side mildly visible. The car wash scene is crude (men in tight clothes washing a car in ODD ways for other men.) A bus driver strips to his underwear, he kisses and licks a dog and bangs his head in the back of the bus. Other than that, everything is fine! Overall, it is a tad bit cruder than the first. There are way more rude and very iffy things in it. ENJOY!
Teen, 16 years old Written byNizar G July 22, 2013

A good laugh!

So all in all the movie is a good laugh and can cheer you up! From one point of view i can say that its definitely a good movie and a must for all you Adam Sandler fans out there because I think that this movie just reached the peak of comedy, its a non-stop laugh! but for all you parents out there its definitely not a movie for your kids it has its dirty parts from the naked male stars jumping into a lake or just the provocative clothing that they had on during a party... Had some swearing here and there but not something to talk about... So if you're looking for a good time with your partner what the hell are you waiting for?!
Kid, 11 years old August 27, 2013

Just as good as its predecessor

Hilarious. Fine for 7 and up. some sexual content but younger kids wont get it or put it in there mind at all.
Kid, 9 years old September 12, 2013

grown ups 2

its a great movie to watch with your teen children.
Teen, 14 years old Written byPlayerboy July 15, 2013

Very Good Movie

Grown ups 2 was very good! It was very funny. There was positive stuff but lots of bad language. There was a lot of drinking but it was okay. Grown ups 2 was better than the first one.
Kid, 10 years old July 12, 2013

BAD

this movie is not good for kids m age or younger!
Teen, 15 years old Written byiPunk July 12, 2013

Intending to be a good role model, Lenny sets a bad example for his son

Lenny couldn't forgive a bully he had to put up with when he was in school. He ended up fighting him with an intention of being a good role model for his son. But if that was real life, that would have been a bad example. We don't always have urges to fight people, but we do have urges to fight what people do. It's not always the person that makes us mad, it's what the person is doing. Eventually Lenny's son ends up in a fight with his bully, and it doesn't turn out that great. There are some kicks in the groin in this movie.
Parent of a 13 year old Written bycatherinea1 June 1, 2015
Written byAnonymous November 25, 2013

Just read the review

Oh from such a funny movie to an undescribably awful movie. I didn't even watch all of it it was that bad. That's all I have to say.