All member reviews for Grown Ups

Friendship comedy is too crude for younger kids.

Parent of a 11 year old Written byc1nder November 30, 2010

too much sexual inuendo for under 13.
Parent of a 11 and 12 year old Written byMerrie January 2, 2011

o.k. for older kids but watch it first for tweens

This movie could be funny to watch as a family, but is overly sexualized; with scenes of the friends oogling over one of their friends daughters, and the mom breast feeding her older child is in poor taste. There are many other scenes that are uncomfortable to watch and will probably spur questions a parent doesn't feel like answering during a movie that is supposed to be fun.There is also a scene that is pretty funny about adults talking about "getting wasted", but it's not something you may want your kids laughing about.
Kid, 10 years old November 27, 2010

Don't waste your time!

This movie is terrible! There is a ton of sex jokes and I only laughed once! Don't waste your time or money on this excuse of a movie! You think they could of made a funny movie with all these comedians... but instead they blew it!
Kid, 11 years old November 26, 2010

My Review Of Grown-Ups

I Think Grown-Ups Is So Fine For 9 Years Old Ecxpet The Nudity And Without Of Crude Humor It Will Be Fine To A PG Movie
Kid, 10 years old July 2, 2010

It's good, there are a few scenes where the little boy is nursing on his mom, that is totally inappropriate, the arrow scene is very violent. There is also a use of the word perv and s---t. There is lots of drinking and they lied about getting wasted. That's what tipped me off the most.
Adult Written byAio July 8, 2010

for older kids

it's a funny movie but too much of sexually oriented references, sometimes it gets yucky
Teen, 14 years old Written byTotally500 December 12, 2010

Grown ups is a funny movie to see

I saw this two times and this is so funny!!. Forget the reviews, this is a funny comedy to see and jokes and refrences are good.GO SEE THIS MOVIE!!!
Adult Written byParentalGuidance June 24, 2010

NO CHILDREN! Not even appropriate for thinking adults

Hate it. This movie as too many perversions and rude immoral adult humor.
Parent Written byDotComMom July 12, 2010

BAD!

This was horrible! Too bad...I love Kevin James. But it was not even funny. Too many bad messages and references to topics that are not appropriate for children. Just plain bad movie. I would not even rent it.
Kid, 11 years old January 1, 2011

REALLY crude and gross humor!

It's funny at parts but it's pretty gross and if you understand all the jokes you'd understand why Common Sense rates it 13-15 cuz the movie's had non-stop really crude and gross humor... I thought it would be a funny family movie but when we watched it we made the mistake of letting my 8 yr old bro watch it too and its too inappropriate for that age though most of the humor is pretty hard to understand when your that age still I would let anyone under the age of 11 (if 11 a mature 11 yr old) 12, 13.
Adult Written byjoshua martinez November 9, 2010

13 and up.

Grown Ups maybe a funny movie and may have some stereotypes but this movie is inappropriate and maybe too much for your younger kids and parents you need to know that Grown Ups has some male rear nudity shown some sexual content such as innuendo and suggestive dialogue/sexual references there are some strong language used and some drinking used such as shots and a bottle of liquor.
Parent of a 7 and 9 year old Written by5748434957 July 5, 2010

If I ever meet Adam Sandler, I'm punching him in the stomach then taking my $ back.

I want my $17 back. Adam Sandler can be funny. In this movie, no one is. Even the stuff that's shown in the trailers isn't funny in the context of the movie. Scenes drag on forever. Dialogue seemed to be - Hey let's make fun of everyone as if we are 12 year old bullies. Just pitiful. And Rob Schneider - get some self esteem and quit letting your "buddy" Adam make fun of you in every movie he makes. I don't know why any woman would be involved in this. Salma Hayek? Seriously? Do your kids needs braces or what?
Parent of a 9 and 11 year old Written bypinkmom July 30, 2010

This would be more appropriate for 16 and up

It was definitely more racy than I thought it would be. There is a four year old who nurses throughout the movie. While you don't see the nipple you see the back of the child's head and the front of her breast. This is an ongoing joke throughout the movie. There are two early twenty girls bent over a car for at least 10 minutes or so in the move wearing shorts that cut all the way up to the crotch and the men actively stare at them with a plan as to when to look away. While almost all fo the characters in the movie are married it is evident when the sex takes place.
Kid, 10 years old March 22, 2011

A Funny Movie

This is a really funny movie. My family and I watched it together and we all loved it. Although there are some iffy parts the funny characters and the great story line make up for it. This is a nice movie to watch as long as parents are there too!
Teen, 14 years old Written byellaxo July 11, 2010

teens

i laughed very hard with my friends but i thought i could have been better
Parent of a 12 year old Written bybarbsinging July 20, 2010

I hated this movie! I think it shows the worst of our culture and would never want my son to watch this movie although we did go and should have walked out but did't. The worst part was the ogling of young women.
Teen, 13 years old Written bycoolbrees09 February 28, 2011

funny movie

great movie. shows that family comes first. also some sexual behavior but one of the funniest movies i have seen in a while
Teen, 14 years old Written byAlinaW. September 2, 2010

Funny if a little crude . . . But great for tweens, teens, and young adults!

This was actually SUCH a great comedy . . . I loved how, for the most part, it was pretty clean, if a little slap-stick-like, comedy. Some of it was a little ackward in terms of sexual references and one time where you could apparently hear two people doing It, but the rest was fairly tame. The other thing that might not be the best is all of the former basketball players making fun of one of them, the melo-dramatic shortie, but nothing too crude. Good movie to go see with your older tweens and teens!
Teen, 13 years old Written byomgemily July 27, 2010

good movie for everyone over 12(:

haha i loved this movie!! kids probably won't get some of the jokes, but it's hilarious!
Kid, 10 years old June 21, 2010

i hate this movie but it should be rated ADULT