All parent member reviews for Grown Ups

Adult Written byage 10+ April 22, 2012

Very funny sandler flick

Parent Written byRobbyWBoy16 January 2, 2012

Grown Ups

friends that played basketball movie is a good absolute comedy by adam sandler.
Adult Written byGoodmoralparent June 26, 2011

adult content 16+ sexual behaviour, nakedness, erotic talks.......

well well, i have 2 children: 13 and 11, and there is no way i would have let them watched it! I am so glad i read reviews on here beforehand, and then watched it with my husband only... Ok, sexual discussion are in no way for kids under 15-16; they talk about sexual position, being horny....and so on...Basically, adult content. Also, the film is a lot of talking between adults, and is really about realising how the children of today do not know about the way children of the 80's and before, and how they used to play outside;nowadays, kids are only entertained by video games, texting and sexually mature before their age because of films like these ones... So they all go on a "lake in the woods" weekend away, and kids learn how to play with simple things like ricketing stones on the water, swing from a rope in the woods, from their parents who are showing them simple life.... This film would have had a very good message for children and would have been appropriate only if the film was not concentrating on adult talks, bad language/sexual content and behaviour.. Shame...To be redone!!! Would be good to have a film showing kids nowadays what they are missing on, or as long as parents are responsible enough to teach them :))
Parent of a 9 year old Written bycarter0617 December 20, 2010
this is a funny movie but there is lots of bad thing that i would not want my kids to see there is breast feeding in four parts no private parts is shown there is parts where you see two kids looking at girls bottoms there is stuff that is talked about like s*x and words like s*it di*k f*ck b*tch and pe*ve there is part like sneeking into a water slide and there is some show able brands such a voss water and there is a mans bottom shown but no other part of him is shown this is a good movie for 13 to 100
Adult Written bygood guy November 11, 2010
my parents came home last night from the blockbuster and had 2 films with them one was grown ups not sure of other but if you keep the sound low and skip 3 scenes you should have a great family movie night i also recomend ramona & bezzus for family fun but some may have less fun with thier family not sure anymore bye now
Adult Written byjoshua martinez November 9, 2010

13 and up.

Grown Ups maybe a funny movie and may have some stereotypes but this movie is inappropriate and maybe too much for your younger kids and parents you need to know that Grown Ups has some male rear nudity shown some sexual content such as innuendo and suggestive dialogue/sexual references there are some strong language used and some drinking used such as shots and a bottle of liquor.
Parent of a 12 year old Written byisaac4christ November 9, 2010

perfect for older kids

it is ok but there is some nudity and sexualcontent
Adult Written byMovieMan26 October 9, 2010

Funny family-based comedy isn't for the whole family

Despite frequent raunchy humor, this is a very funny and subtly touching movie. Unlike Sandler's more recent film, he's not a tired, angry, foul-mouthed Scrooge. He's a devoted father and cares about his kids. The entuire cast is great and everyone gets a chance to shine. It's also nice to have David Spade back. Parents: There is a lot of crudeness in this movie, including partial nudity, frequent sexual references and situations, and salty language. Bottom Line: If you're looking for a good time, you've probably found it, unless you just cannot stand Adam Sandler. Thanks for reading! - Movie Man
Parent of a 13 year old Written byDr. Weird September 11, 2010

um

Crude, but very funny.
Parent of a 12 and 14 year old Written byJamookie September 8, 2010
The sexual innuendos and oogling at the scantily clad females were a bit over the top for kids under 15. Also the curse words the movie contained were a bit much for kids under 14, but it most have probably already heard them said before (it was just akward with my 13 year old looking at me when a word was said). Overall the movie was very funny and entertaining. If sarcastic humor, slapstick situations, and feel good comedy this movie is a must see. The 5 "main" characters keep you rolling.
Adult Written byfutureproducer August 12, 2010
everyone should know, based on these cast members past movies, that the crude content of this movie should have been expected. this movie is fantastically humorous. i would watch it again.
Parent of a 9 and 11 year old Written bypinkmom July 30, 2010

This would be more appropriate for 16 and up

It was definitely more racy than I thought it would be. There is a four year old who nurses throughout the movie. While you don't see the nipple you see the back of the child's head and the front of her breast. This is an ongoing joke throughout the movie. There are two early twenty girls bent over a car for at least 10 minutes or so in the move wearing shorts that cut all the way up to the crotch and the men actively stare at them with a plan as to when to look away. While almost all fo the characters in the movie are married it is evident when the sex takes place.
Parent of a 2 year old Written byYahoo Kids July 30, 2010
Parent of a 13 year old Written byGabrielB July 29, 2010

Good for Kids 10-11+

Im 10 and i enjoyed it i watched it with my family and i understood most of the movie. My brothers 8 and he didn't get lots of it but he also enjoyed it.
Adult Written bysouthparkfan14 July 18, 2010

Best adam sandler movie

this was an awesome movie, the whole theater was laughing at the movie
Adult Written byv_jag July 14, 2010

I thought it was good for 12 and up

I loved this movie, it has some slow spots but I haven't laughed out loud so many times at a movie in a long time.
Parent of a 4 and 7 year old Written bysummerjam July 12, 2010

Funny comedy

I seen the movie and thought it was funny. There is a little bad langauge and some drinking in this movie.It has a good story line a group of friends get together after a tradgedy. It shows them interacting with the kids and having a good time. makes you want to spend more time with family and friends
Parent of a 3, 4, and 14 year old Written bynicky120104 July 12, 2010

Good but for older then 13

I loved it and so did my husband and 14 year-old son.
Parent Written byDotComMom July 12, 2010

BAD!

This was horrible! Too bad...I love Kevin James. But it was not even funny. Too many bad messages and references to topics that are not appropriate for children. Just plain bad movie. I would not even rent it.
Adult Written byAio July 8, 2010

for older kids

it's a funny movie but too much of sexually oriented references, sometimes it gets yucky