Friendship comedy is too crude for younger kids.

Adult Written byMicahGA April 15, 2011

Grown Ups: Definitely For Grown Ups

Grown ups is a not-so-funny comedy with featuring some of the most well-known comedians in America. The movie was filled with vulgar language and way too much sexuality. The whole movie is full of nasty innuendos of older men getting with younger and underage girls, as well as younger men having sexual intercourse with women old enough to be your grandmother, and old enough to be their great grandma! I highly doubt that granny would even slightly approve of this film. Even if the movie had absolutely no sex, it would still not be funny, saying that sex is the main topic for almost every joke told. Very vulgar language is used often, as well as much drinking. All in all, the movie was just plain bad. Bad storyline, bad messages and most definitely bad acting. It seems to me like Grown Ups needs to grow up.
Parent of a 8 and 11 year old Written byGizz88 March 18, 2011
I didnt think it was too bad until the parents told their kids that they were the toothfairy. Totally leary of getting another PG13 movie ever for my kids.
Teen, 13 years old Written byCowbell November 28, 2016

Horrible

Adult movie
Teen, 14 years old Written bywizzardblizzard5438 November 5, 2016

Highly innapropriate

This movie is very innapropriate and i do not reccomend it at all, there was a lot of swearing and bad humor, only a few funny moments, do not watch this one.
Kid, 10 years old July 21, 2016

Gosh 18+

Gosh this should not be R like this movie has some innuendo but mostly jokes holy crap
Kid, 9 years old May 29, 2016

Comedy movie is crude but funny

Teen, 15 years old Written byDwc13th April 3, 2016

Great film has some brief language

Some language is all but expected
Adult Written byElsever January 29, 2016
Parent Written bymattbruns3 October 28, 2015

OK for older kids and preteens

There is adult content but it's not too bad. 12 and older should beable to handle this movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written byvrnka October 25, 2015

BEST REVIEW :)

I first watched this film when I was 11-12 ish. It uses SOME sexual references but it's not that bad so I think it's good for anyone around the age of 12 and up. It is really funny - like most of Sandler's movies. *ALERT * THEY MENTION THAT THE TOOTH FAIRY'S NOT REAL * so that's why you shouldn't watch with little children. But it's not up to me to decide :) Enjoy the movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written byJkaur123 October 18, 2015

Grown ups

I think that this film should be 12+ mainly because there is some rude humour in this film and many innuendos but it is a very enjoyable and not to mention a hilarious film and my absolute favourite. I think that this film would be okay for 11/12 year olds to watch with adult supervision though.
Teen, 16 years old Written byTV man 13245768 October 17, 2015

GREAT MOVIE

I honestly loved this movie. It was so funny that it made me cry. There is no violence at all but there is some sex. People talk about having sex with woman, they make fun of different races etc. There is plenty sexual innuendo. You see a man's butt cheeks and you see girls in bikinis. The language is not bad because they only say shit and ass. There are plenty of people getting drunk in this movie. A guy got so drunk that he had sex with a dog. The same guy also has sex with a woman. Another drunk man takes off his pants and lies down on a bed from the store. He also takes a shit in one of the toilets. This movie is not for young kids because it does talk and show stuff that kids should not see. IF YOU ARE 14 AND OLDER, I SUGGEST YOU WATCH THIS MOVIE BECAUSE IT ROCKS!!!
Adult Written byDRK1975 October 8, 2015

Tooth fairy spoiler

It's a tooth fairy spoiler. Funny otherwise.
Kid, 11 years old August 25, 2015
When I saw this movie I was pretty young and if there was any inappropriate stuff I wouldn't of known and I thought it was so funny.
Teen, 14 years old Written byAge appropriate guid August 22, 2015
Teen, 14 years old Written byJimmy Brew July 21, 2015

Dumb comedy has pretty wasted talents. Teens only.

My rating:12+ comic violence,adult content,crude language
Teen, 17 years old Written bydanielle657 July 20, 2015

Favorite movie

I've watched this movie literally a thousand times since it's came out and I own both the first and second. It's hilarious and my favorite movie of all time. I really hope they're thinking about a third grown ups.
Kid, 8 years old June 10, 2015

Hilarious but extremely racy and salty comedy has nudity but is ok for 17+

My rating:R for strong graphic racy content/nudity, language, drug references, some alcohol use, including some violence.
Teen, 13 years old Written byhtriplett@icloud.com June 6, 2015
This movie is very UNDERATED, although most adults don't like Sandler, (which I always have), he has a really good movie for a family
Adult Written bywill russell reviews June 6, 2015

Comedians unite for a decent film.

The film "Grown-Ups" involves several of your favorite comedy actors and actresses united for one... decent film. Now, compared to its god-awful sequel, the film is actually pretty funny. "Grown-Ups" has plenty of slapstick jokes to entertain any tween or teen, however, parents of younger children may not appreciate the film's near constant sexual humor and profanity. Guys check out MUCH younger women as well as make crude and sexual remarks about their wives and other woman. A man marries a woman who is much older than him and there are several jokes made at his & her expense. There is also a running joke about a mother still breast-feeding her son (who is 7-years-old). You can also expect a decent amount of fowl language and a brief reference to "getting wasted" (although nothing teens havent heard before). Altogether, "Grown-Ups" is a decent comedy that is a least worth watching it once, however its crude humor and profanity make it a better choice for ages 12 and up.