All member reviews for Grown Ups

Friendship comedy is too crude for younger kids.

Teen, 15 years old Written byZshoot2kill August 27, 2014

REALLY GOOD BUT CUSSY

I think its a great movie but there is a lot of cussing and a lot of sexuality. great movie but a lot of cussing this is made for twelve to thirteen year olds. It really depends on how mature the viewer is but is still really funny. Fugly is used in one scene and there is Adam Sandler cussing and sexuality throughout. If you've scene another Adam Sandler movie our probubly okay. There is some drinking. Almost no violence. Violence: 2 Sex: 3 Cussing: 3 1/2 Drinking, Drugs, and Smoking: 2 In the end if your mature and at the right age to watch this movie I'm almost sure you'll LOVE it!!! I know I do!
Kid, 12 years old August 25, 2014

would give it no stars if I could!!!!

Crap!!!!! Terrible actors not even remotely funny
Kid, 12 years old August 6, 2014

way too crude.

Don't listen to these people that say it's fine, ,it's not. They show some times Kevin's wife in the movie breastfeeding to the 3 year old kid. Eeeeeeeeeew. And there are some stuff in there, that is way to inappropriate. Don't even suggest it .
Written byAnonymous July 20, 2014

Some laughs but not real Sandler humor in dumb slapstick comedy

My rating:PG-13 for comic violence,crude sexual content,language,drug references and male nudity
Kid, 12 years old June 30, 2014

GROWN UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a great movie(I HATE Grown ups 2).Be careful parents,it has sex jokes,bad words and a man with no pants or underwear on.WARNING:IF YOU HAVE A KID WITH YOU READING THIS REVIEW OR IF YOU ARE A KID UNDER 12,DON'T READ ANYMORE. A mom accidently gives away the tooth fairy secret to her daughter.
Adult Written byhomealonefan123 June 5, 2014

Funny and entertaining friendship comedy is a little bit too much for younger audiences!

Parents need to know that this comedy is not for little kids. There is lots of sexual inneundo, drug references and jokes about women. There is tons of gender stereotypes, kids behave rudely and more! A man is seen naked from behind and there is brief comic violence, plus some swearing (sh-t, bitch and ass are all said once or twice) But on the bright side, there is positive messages of friendship and honesty.
Teen, 17 years old Written bySophxo February 12, 2014

Omg this moviee<3

ITS FREAKING HILLARIOUS PEOPLEEE XD MAKE SURE YOU SEE IT ASAP BUT SOME OF THE JOKES CAN BE CRUEL AND NASTY AND EW BUT STILL ITS AWESOME ;)
Parent Written bySammiJayne5 February 6, 2014

innapropriate for under 10's

It was good, and my children loved it but make sure you know what your putting on.
Kid, 12 years old February 6, 2014

Grownups- The best movie

Grown Ups is a 2010 American buddy comedy film directed by Dennis Dugan and written by Adam Sandler, who also stars in the film. Besides Sandler, the film also stars Kevin James, Chris Rock, David Spade, and Rob Schneider. Thirty years after graduating from high school, five former basketball teammates gather at the lake house where they celebrated their biggest victory to mourn the passing of their late coach. Over the course of the Fourth of July weekend, the five friends realize that just because they've all grown up and started families doesn't mean that they've lost that old spark. Adulthood is what you make of it, and no one at the lake house is eager to be the grown-up of the gang. I loved it!
Kid, 9 years old January 22, 2014

Very Funny!!!!!

Very good! I'm not really an Adam Sandler/Kevin James/David Spade fan but this movie was very funny! Except not for kids under 12 there is words S--t and ass.
Teen, 14 years old Written byeschmu January 7, 2014

Fun movie! :D

This movie is too funny. Couldn't stop laughing! There is a bit of swearing in the movie and drinking is involved as well. Younger kids won't get the jokes very fast. Love grown ups!
Kid, 10 years old January 1, 2014

grown ups

Hilarious movie which does reference to innapropriate stuff but the family part does forgive that! It is kind of a little bit heart warming like Parental guidance, It is a comedy with little bits of inappropriateness here and there but still is good for the family!
Teen, 13 years old Written byDuckCommander13 November 8, 2013

Adam Sandler is funny

There is some stronger swearing and some nudity. There are references and some violence. But it's funny. If there wasn't as much swearing it would be 10 and up
Teen, 13 years old Written byGaz10 September 17, 2013

Sandler comedy gets boring after a few watches.

References to sex and alcohol.
Kid, 11 years old August 27, 2013

funny movie

great movie. funny but some material may not be appropriate for some kids.
Kid, 7 years old August 16, 2013

very good comedy

doesnt have violence but some sex and very good family comedy has some language but only a little and is a funny movie and only has violence when the kids were playing very violent vedio games and thats all the violence
Kid, 11 years old August 11, 2013

Good old Adam Sandler!

This movie is pretty funny maybe not as good as some of the other Adam Sandler movies but it is funny. This film is just as rude as the other Sandler movies that are 12s with some strong language and crude and sexual jokes. It depends on how mature you're kids are. I'm eleven and I've been watching them since I was small. Really excited about the next one! Great film.
Teen, 13 years old Written byGreat gatsby August 6, 2013

Good hilarious

I would put a boob symbol too if there was one not for sex but for like kids drinking breastmilk and a tiny bit of crude jokes saw when I was 11 very good
Parent of a 11, 14, and 14 year old Written byRosie5577 July 26, 2013

Run. Away.

Watched this with my husband and three sons after being told it had a PG rating... In spite of my youngest being ten years old, we often let him watch PG-13 movies, finding movies like The Avengers, Spider-Man, and The hobbit fine for him. I so wish I had checked this site before, but even so, the description doesn't do justice to how horrendous this film is. My husband and 14 year olds enjoyed some of the slapstick and the few jokes that were funny, but overall, we were sadly disappointed. The older woman/younger man and nursing jokes, in particular, were over-used, demeaning and unnecessary. The sexual innuendo was pervasive. The scenes making fun of the short, less attractive daughter of one of the friends is mean, and accompanied by scenes where the men ogle the beautiful daughters and are disgusted with the older woman. There is just so much ICK factor with this movie ... "Grown Ups" was a painful experience and I don't recommend for kids or teens. It was far more sexually inappropriate than many of the PG-13 movies out these days.
Teen, 15 years old Written byGrand290 July 18, 2013

Dig Deep

This movie while a, more adult comedy, shows kids and teenagers who watch it that they shouldn't stay inside all day on video games- they need to get outside and connect and live. This movie also shows that being a good sport is sometimes better than winning. There is no actual sex, but there are references that younger teens and children won't understand. However, there are many funny jokes, some crude, but entertaining. I loved this movie, and cannot wait to see Grown Ups 2.