All member reviews for Grown Ups

Friendship comedy is too crude for younger kids.

Kid, 9 years old September 10, 2011

comedy

very funny cool awesome i'll say some parts that are not appropriate for children like the time when rob schnieder pushed the lifeguard and his butt started showing. really funny
Teen, 14 years old Written byThecoyote July 9, 2011

Funny, but gross!!!

The film had some really gross moments, but it also had a lot of laughs. There's some violence, language, and very inapporiate innuendo.
Kid, 11 years old June 26, 2011

good movie but inappropriate

i saw this movie with my freinds and they said it was a good movie so my parents gave in and let me watch it. after they saw it it was bye bye grown ups. they said it was realy inappropriate for me. my parents said when im older i can watch it.
Adult Written byGoodmoralparent June 26, 2011

adult content 16+ sexual behaviour, nakedness, erotic talks.......

well well, i have 2 children: 13 and 11, and there is no way i would have let them watched it! I am so glad i read reviews on here beforehand, and then watched it with my husband only... Ok, sexual discussion are in no way for kids under 15-16; they talk about sexual position, being horny....and so on...Basically, adult content. Also, the film is a lot of talking between adults, and is really about realising how the children of today do not know about the way children of the 80's and before, and how they used to play outside;nowadays, kids are only entertained by video games, texting and sexually mature before their age because of films like these ones... So they all go on a "lake in the woods" weekend away, and kids learn how to play with simple things like ricketing stones on the water, swing from a rope in the woods, from their parents who are showing them simple life.... This film would have had a very good message for children and would have been appropriate only if the film was not concentrating on adult talks, bad language/sexual content and behaviour.. Shame...To be redone!!! Would be good to have a film showing kids nowadays what they are missing on, or as long as parents are responsible enough to teach them :))
Kid, 10 years old June 20, 2011

Grown Ups

This movie is really good but its inappropiate. PG-13- For some crude humor, some peril, some male rear nudity, and language.
Teen, 13 years old Written byredskinator3000 June 12, 2011

FUNNY! 11+ OKAY

if you have a soul and a heart then you will enjoy this movie. The combo of Sandler, Rock, James and David Spade and that other guy from his movies made it work! You and the whole family will enjoy. Mild sex talk, but sex is implied multiple times. Humorous, yes, every second.
Kid, 10 years old June 10, 2011

Only for 10+

This just another one of those great things that people go and ruin! I love Grown Ups so much I've seen it 4 times in the past 2 months. But I have to admit, some of it is inappropriate. A man's butt is shown from behind, men are caught staring at young women, and one man makes some very WHAT?! jokes. It's a movie only 10+ should see, though my friend's little brother and sister (both eight years old) saw it. But they had no idea what most of it was about, accept my friend's brother repeated some of the naughty language (swears), which wasn't good. But I laughed at least three times in every seen, and I could see it over and over again!
Kid, 11 years old June 4, 2011

Great!

Hilarious!
Kid, 12 years old May 22, 2011

Awesome movie

This movie was laugh out loud funny me and my sister watched we couldnt stop laughing the dog was .pretty funny how it sounded like a turkey ha ha ha
Teen, 16 years old Written byunderdawg May 10, 2011

a good movie for tweens

it was very funny i loved it
Kid, 11 years old April 25, 2011

Not appropriate for little beings but good for tweens and older kids

I wanted to see this movie so bad!!!!!!!!!! My parents did not let me see it because it has the f-word in it, Lots of swearing and beer drinking, one of my friends saw this movie and peoples penises and butts are shown, very inappropriate for kids but I can get it on dvd still.
Kid, 11 years old April 23, 2011

awesomer

It was the best movie ever!!!!!!!
Kid, 12 years old April 22, 2011

grown ups

it is a funny movie and a good family movie for ages 12 and up. it is a comedy but has some crude language
Kid, 11 years old April 18, 2011

Watch Out!!!

I thought this movie was really funny. But there was some iffy scenes like with the kid and the milk, language, and when the older guys were checking out these younger girls, and stuff like that. There were also a lot of innuendo's too. Even though it had a lot of these things, it was mainly reconnecting with old friends and connecting the family to get away from material items.
Kid, 9 years old April 6, 2011

Perfect for tweens but not younger.

I saw this movie at a sleepover it was funny. Some of the jokes are a bit rude. It also has some language and drinking overall good movie
Teen, 15 years old Written byTheSuperman765 April 6, 2011

i rate this title IFFY for 13+

although this Adam Sandler/David Spade/Chris Rock comedy about old friends reuniting after a tragedy has lots of heart, that doesn't make up for the crude and repetitive jokes. And while the trailer might have you thinking the humor is all about kids and families, there's a lot of racy "guy" stuff here: Male buttocks are shown, and there are plenty of sexual innuendoes/references and instances of men ogling women. One character is depicted as a booze-loving lush, and though the main characters are ostensibly good friends, they're not particularly kind to one another (their kids also behave rudely, expecting to be waited on hand and foot and maligning anything that's not fancy or technologically advanced). Language includes "s--t" and "a-s."
Kid, 10 years old April 5, 2011

Perfect for kids older than ten

This movie is hilarious! Some of the words that the characters use may not be good for children, but it's still a gr8 movie! I love it!
Kid, 10 years old April 4, 2011

grown ups

it is not good for kids under 8
Kid, 11 years old April 3, 2011

Funny movie with good message. Not for kids under10.

I thought it was a very funny movie with a good message about living in the present and family and friendship. There were a few inappropriate scenes, but not to the point where only adults can see the movie. The swearing was actually not that bad, but you do not want your kids to repeat it. I think that kids under 13 should watch with parents. Overall, it was awesome!
Kid, 10 years old March 22, 2011

A Funny Movie

This is a really funny movie. My family and I watched it together and we all loved it. Although there are some iffy parts the funny characters and the great story line make up for it. This is a nice movie to watch as long as parents are there too!