All member reviews for Grown Ups

Friendship comedy is too crude for younger kids.

Parent Written byDotComMom July 12, 2010

BAD!

This was horrible! Too bad...I love Kevin James. But it was not even funny. Too many bad messages and references to topics that are not appropriate for children. Just plain bad movie. I would not even rent it.
Teen, 16 years old Written bytimmphy poo July 11, 2010

it was so good and funny!!!
Teen, 14 years old Written byellaxo July 11, 2010

teens

i laughed very hard with my friends but i thought i could have been better
Adult Written byAio July 8, 2010

for older kids

it's a funny movie but too much of sexually oriented references, sometimes it gets yucky
Teen, 13 years old Written bythe no bull zone July 6, 2010

great

great movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kid, 10 years old July 3, 2010

My friend is 8 and she saw this movie. I know right???!!!
Kid, 10 years old July 2, 2010

It's good, there are a few scenes where the little boy is nursing on his mom, that is totally inappropriate, the arrow scene is very violent. There is also a use of the word perv and s---t. There is lots of drinking and they lied about getting wasted. That's what tipped me off the most.
Teen, 13 years old Written bytimmphy do July 2, 2010

funny movie!!! ha ha
Teen, 14 years old Written byzipzipzap July 1, 2010

pretty good

this movie was really funny its not the greatest but will make you laugh alot
Teen, 16 years old Written bybradley4846 July 1, 2010

Adam is back

Zohan was ehhh, Funny People was good. But this was great. it seemed like they were just having fun. NOT A FAMILY MOVIE THO (NO MATTER WHERE ITS ADVERTISED)! There is not a lot of language. but there is a ton of sexuality!
Teen, 16 years old Written bydoRKii doRK July 1, 2010

havent seeen it yet but i am makin plans to go c it wit friends cnt wait! i know its goin to be good! :DDD
Teen, 13 years old Written byshannxlenox June 28, 2010

great movie, for more mature teens.

I am thirteen and it was great. its not for little kids, obviously. i think more mature teenagers should see it. you should also be aware that they take turns staring at a girls behind, various people refer to sex and the arrow scene is very graphic. all together it was an excellent movie thats perfect for a night out with friends.
Teen, 16 years old Written bytexasboy93 June 28, 2010

fine for older kids, but not for tweens

I am 16 and a saved individual. typicaly the only things that concern me in movies is the sexuality. my brothers are all younger than my and there are some things that they should not be exposed to.
Teen, 16 years old Written byPuppygal32 June 28, 2010

Bad movie for anyone under 15!

No kids! There was very crass humor in the movie and there is more nudity than needed. The 'suggestive humor' was very sexualized. There wasn't a lot of bad language in this movie, though you'de thinnk there would be. There is a LOT of drinking and drunkness and BAD role models. The MEN act like reckless teenagers and are plain stupid, The movie is targeted at 15-18 year old boys and 35-45 year old men. NO KIDS. Very crude, sexualized and bad role models.
Teen, 14 years old Written byxPhantomPhanx June 28, 2010

I enjoyed this movie a lot, I was in a mood for a funny, light movie. I would suggest you go see it if you want the same thing.
Teen, 14 years old Written byFlickChick197 June 28, 2010

Teens and Up

A hilarious comedy about men who learn how to grow up! This is suitable for teens and up. The comments, drinking, and content is a little to old for a kid.
Kid, 12 years old June 28, 2010

not a family movie.... and a poorly made comedy.

This movie was said to be a great FAMILY comedy. But they should change the word family to GROWNUP comedy. Because the title doesent lie this movie certantly is just for grownups. This comedy is filled sex jokes, crude homor, bad languge, drinking, some vilonce, and bad messages, role models, and some brief product placement for stuff including very vilont games. all this put together equals boring movie......... DONT WASTE YOUR TIME OR YOUR MONEY WITH THIS MOVIE.
Teen, 15 years old Written bylexii_smith June 27, 2010

This movie is fairly funny. But to Grown Up for 13 and under.
Adult Written bySugaMetal June 27, 2010

Funny for the grown ups, not so much for the youngins (leavem' home!)

Grew up with Sandler, so I knew what to expect and as always, I would not let my younger kids watch this. Great for Dad and I, but kids are easily influenced and Sandler humor is just not what I want my kids to imitate. Trying to teach our daughter to respect herself and our son to respect women. Just aint happenin' with this one folks. So all in all- funny for us, not so much for the kiddos (although I'm sure they would find it hilarious, I don't want my kids acting like that!)
Parent of a 9 year old Written byCgreen June 26, 2010

Funny love all those guys and they have great onscreen chemistry but it was not language nor some sexual references appropriate for my nine year old although it was pg13 some of those ratings are ok for this age group but not this one, I was actually a little embarrased walking out of the movies thinking that other people in the movie thought what was she thinking. but not this time