All member reviews for Hall Pass

Farrellys' film about infidelity has both raunch and heart.

Adult Written bykhan2705 April 29, 2011

bad movie

1.5-5 Rick (Owen Wilson) and Fred (Jason Sudeikis) are best friends who have a lot in common, including the fact that they have each been married for many years. But when the two men begin to show signs of restlessness at home, their wives (Jenna Fischer, Christina Applegate) take a bold approach to revitalizing their marriages: granting them a "hall pass," one week of freedom to do whatever they want...no questions asked. At first, it sounds like a dream come true for Rick and Fred. But it isn't long before they discover that their expectations of the single life-and themselves-are completely, and hilariously, out of sync with reality. well first of all i wasn't even interested in watching this movie, i just don't feel that way for hollywood comedies anymore, they are getting worst and dull day bu day. i don't feel that way for rom coms or romantic dramedies but maybe in few years. comedies nowadays are just so empty and silly and without any laughs. i saw this movie as it was available free on a local cabel channel here, i was free so i did. and just as i thaught and i saw people and critics saying it was awful. the whole idea of Hall Pass could have been a good subject to show with lots of fun and madness but it is so dull and made in such a bad way it seems like a hall pass of boredom. very boring. it had very few laughs almost no laughs. it wasn't even that rude, nude or the way nowadays these silly comedies are. i think the directors were lost or simply they had no idea where this movie or the story of it was heading or suppose to go. very poorly written, bad screenplay, bad story, made very badly. direction was not good. editing was not good either, the characters or dialogues too. literally if you need a reason to get dissapoint or angry, think of watching a star studded newly released comedy made by some well known director and go see it. you will have what you wan't. Owen Wilson, Jenna Fischer, Jason Sudeikis and Christina Applegate were lost and just not into the characters. bad performances. and their was seen at that spa, sauna whatever which is so not something to mention, i mean really showing the private parts of men for no reasons, if you are planning a silly rude comedy than make the whole movie like that not one scene, so useless. this like many other movies was a bad one. don't watch it if you are planning to.
Parent Written byflipflops2012 October 23, 2011

Completely Inappropriate And Offensive.

This movie does have some funny parts, but it was actually quite dissapointing. In my opinion, this is just another stupid, boy-targeted movie, that only teenage boys or immature men would enjoy. The movie seems quite insulting to women. The story includes VERY strong sexual content, including nudity and lots of sexually explicit situations and conversations. There is also plenty of crude, bad language and plenty of alcohol/drugs references and situations. All in all, don't waste your money renting or buying this movie. I have to admit that I do enjoy watching a stupid, inappropriate comedy every now and then...but this movie crossed the line to offensive. I would never let my child watch this movie.
Parent Written byivyoriana February 19, 2012

penis?

i have watched movies with my 13 yr old daughter that have had slight nudity, usually meaning breasts...this movie not only shocked me but dissappointed me as well. i think that the message couldve been conveyed without the two diffderent mens penis shots....not only once but repeatedally
Parent Written byMovieWatcherNumber1 July 8, 2011

Hall Pass is a "PASS" Don't bother to watch.

Affairs don't save marriages and they sure don't send appropriate messages to kids who are trying to figure out what being a good mate is all about. Frontal nudity (male and female), drugs, bad behavior. Need I say more? Not worth watching.
Adult Written byqwertyuiop01 April 11, 2011

ok teenagers will be fine
Teen, 15 years old Written bybananalover March 24, 2011

sex, sex, sex

i think this movie is really awesome as well as a good idea. there is alot of inappropirate parts and there is alot of languague but not as much languague as sex.
Teen, 17 years old Written byAllycat19 February 26, 2011

so so bad
Teen, 13 years old Written byMovieGirl6 April 14, 2011

Its a funny movie, but the part that concerns me most, is the nude part in the hot tub. I personally thought it was hilarious, but I'm sure parents would not want their young children to see this.
Kid, 11 years old February 19, 2012

Not For Kids

Kid, 11 years old February 5, 2012

crude rude a little funny

so where do we start well omg it's rude crude but funny like you name it this movie has everything (theoretically) just take my advice I was going to get into detail but i thought that would get me banned so I won't
Parent of a 15 year old Written byknicksfanatic99 February 28, 2011

very funny but not for small children
Teen, 14 years old Written byJimmy brew November 6, 2014

Sexy but sweet romcom is foul mouthed and iffy. Lots of nudity

My rating:R for crude sexual content,nudity and langauge
Written byAnonymous February 28, 2013

Should this movie have an NC-17 on it.

Not For Kids for Hall Pass. 5 is on the Sex. Hard R = Easy NC-17 Rated Movie. That's all I gotta say.
Teen, 14 years old Written byStevie111 May 3, 2012

Very raunchy comedy

This is a pretty funny movie, but some of the jokes are pretty mature. Not for kids, but teens would enjoy this.
Teen, 13 years old Written byStarry_Believer April 6, 2012

Not for kids, But its your choice.

I saw the first 30 minutes since it was pg 13 then I turned it off. Absoulotely disgusting stuff for kids.
Teen, 14 years old Written byarman kalantari March 3, 2012

have not seen it

i have not seen it but my uncle has and he says it is really bad for kids now just guesing for age 16 and up so just let your older teens watch it.
Adult Written byTommo January 20, 2012

Fun film

I'm a therapist .....most 'normal' parents would cause more problems for young people than this film....enjoy it for what it is.
Teen, 17 years old Written bykojitheman December 27, 2011

Great Movie

Funny raunchy movie. My rating: Strong language, Strong sexual content, and some graphic nudity.
Teen, 15 years old Written byTotally500 July 4, 2011

skip a pass

This is a boring and not funny film skip it if you want a pass
Adult Written byYldnole June 22, 2011

Funny and Foul

At times very funny but some of the scenes are down right nasty...and funny . Wilson does a nice job as the try to do right thing but I felt like Sudekis stole the movie.Overall..be prepared to laugh out loud and be prepared to go ouch.....BC