Farrellys' film about infidelity has both raunch and heart.

Adult Written bykhan2705 April 29, 2011

bad movie

1.5-5 Rick (Owen Wilson) and Fred (Jason Sudeikis) are best friends who have a lot in common, including the fact that they have each been married for many years. But when the two men begin to show signs of restlessness at home, their wives (Jenna Fischer, Christina Applegate) take a bold approach to revitalizing their marriages: granting them a "hall pass," one week of freedom to do whatever they want...no questions asked. At first, it sounds like a dream come true for Rick and Fred. But it isn't long before they discover that their expectations of the single life-and themselves-are completely, and hilariously, out of sync with reality. well first of all i wasn't even interested in watching this movie, i just don't feel that way for hollywood comedies anymore, they are getting worst and dull day bu day. i don't feel that way for rom coms or romantic dramedies but maybe in few years. comedies nowadays are just so empty and silly and without any laughs. i saw this movie as it was available free on a local cabel channel here, i was free so i did. and just as i thaught and i saw people and critics saying it was awful. the whole idea of Hall Pass could have been a good subject to show with lots of fun and madness but it is so dull and made in such a bad way it seems like a hall pass of boredom. very boring. it had very few laughs almost no laughs. it wasn't even that rude, nude or the way nowadays these silly comedies are. i think the directors were lost or simply they had no idea where this movie or the story of it was heading or suppose to go. very poorly written, bad screenplay, bad story, made very badly. direction was not good. editing was not good either, the characters or dialogues too. literally if you need a reason to get dissapoint or angry, think of watching a star studded newly released comedy made by some well known director and go see it. you will have what you wan't. Owen Wilson, Jenna Fischer, Jason Sudeikis and Christina Applegate were lost and just not into the characters. bad performances. and their was seen at that spa, sauna whatever which is so not something to mention, i mean really showing the private parts of men for no reasons, if you are planning a silly rude comedy than make the whole movie like that not one scene, so useless. this like many other movies was a bad one. don't watch it if you are planning to.
Parent of a 14 and 16 year old Written bysweetcheeks5573 March 5, 2011

I wouldn't want anyone under 18 to be allowed in!

It was horrible! I saw it last night, and the predictability was so horribly bad I should have stuck to just watching the trailer. What a waste of 9 bucks!
Parent of a 6 and 8 year old Written bybrabby618 March 16, 2011

Suitable for adults only!

I saw this movie with my sister--defintely NOT in the presence of my stepdaughters!! While there were several hilarious parts in the movie I was shocked at what this site calls "showing of men's genitals" as well as a few other scenes from the movie. this is one I definitely won't buy and if I had children of ANY age I would let them see it!!
Adult Written byTommo January 20, 2012

Fun film

I'm a therapist .....most 'normal' parents would cause more problems for young people than this film....enjoy it for what it is.
Parent Written byflipflops2012 October 23, 2011

Completely Inappropriate And Offensive.

This movie does have some funny parts, but it was actually quite dissapointing. In my opinion, this is just another stupid, boy-targeted movie, that only teenage boys or immature men would enjoy. The movie seems quite insulting to women. The story includes VERY strong sexual content, including nudity and lots of sexually explicit situations and conversations. There is also plenty of crude, bad language and plenty of alcohol/drugs references and situations. All in all, don't waste your money renting or buying this movie. I have to admit that I do enjoy watching a stupid, inappropriate comedy every now and then...but this movie crossed the line to offensive. I would never let my child watch this movie.
This movie left me stunned and embarrassed. Based on the previews, I thought it would be irreverent, rough, but ultimately light and funny. It was none of these things. The frontal nudity of the men is for almost 10 seconds at a time, several times. There are two defecating scenes that in all my life I have never scene on screen in any film. The man pleasuring himself might not be shown outright, but when police shine a flashlight on him you can see a reflection in the window. I know our kids are more exposed than ever these days, and I have seen many many movies myself, but no one should need be exposed to this. Very low class. Next time I'll be very careful before I trust previews.
Adult Written byqwertyuiop01 April 11, 2011
ok teenagers will be fine
Parent of a 7, 12, and 15 year old Written bycab87670 March 13, 2011
Parent of a 9 year old Written bykendrahess March 6, 2011

For adults only!

Funny movie...for adults ONLY!!
Parent of a 13 and 17 year old Written bymominct February 23, 2011

Older kids only

Hate it OMG would never let a kid see it
Adult Written byYldnole June 22, 2011

Funny and Foul

At times very funny but some of the scenes are down right nasty...and funny . Wilson does a nice job as the try to do right thing but I felt like Sudekis stole the movie.Overall..be prepared to laugh out loud and be prepared to go ouch.....BC
Parent of a 8 year old Written byarod8339 February 28, 2011

should be for adults only show male and female private parts

Parent Written byivyoriana February 19, 2012

penis?

i have watched movies with my 13 yr old daughter that have had slight nudity, usually meaning breasts...this movie not only shocked me but dissappointed me as well. i think that the message couldve been conveyed without the two diffderent mens penis shots....not only once but repeatedally
Parent of a 15 year old Written byknicksfanatic99 February 28, 2011
very funny but not for small children
Parent Written byMovieWatcherNumber1 July 8, 2011

Hall Pass is a "PASS" Don't bother to watch.

Affairs don't save marriages and they sure don't send appropriate messages to kids who are trying to figure out what being a good mate is all about. Frontal nudity (male and female), drugs, bad behavior. Need I say more? Not worth watching.
Adult Written byLouiebouy April 1, 2011

Bored adults behaving bad.

Bored adults behaving bad sums it up. This is a disturbing movie based on "marriage is boring, so let's do it differently". Pass on this one - it's over the top bad twars marriage and relationships. It has a so called happy reunited ending, but just doesn't make up for the actions of the characters.
Teen, 13 years old Written byStarry_Believer April 6, 2012

Not for kids, But its your choice.

I saw the first 30 minutes since it was pg 13 then I turned it off. Absoulotely disgusting stuff for kids.
Kid, 11 years old February 5, 2012

crude rude a little funny

so where do we start well omg it's rude crude but funny like you name it this movie has everything (theoretically) just take my advice I was going to get into detail but i thought that would get me banned so I won't
Teen, 15 years old Written bybananalover March 24, 2011

sex, sex, sex

i think this movie is really awesome as well as a good idea. there is alot of inappropirate parts and there is alot of languague but not as much languague as sex.
Teen, 16 years old Written byspickolick March 11, 2011
My mom and I went out to the movies for a "girl's night" thing. I wanted to see The King's Speech, she wanted to see The Fighter, so we settle on Just Go With It. Of course, the theater's packed. We go to the first movie we see, other than Beastly, that is playing at the same time. I did NOT want to see this movie. Thought it looked stupid, despite the fact that I love Owen Wilson and the guy from SNL. My mom and were cracking up! I won't ruin it, but the scene where the girl's in the bathtub...."I'm just the kind of person that never pukes..." I can't say that I loved it, but I really thought it was funny, which really surprised me. However, get ready for REALLY RAUNCHY humor. Overall, don't see it in theaters, but don't miss it on DVD.