All member reviews for Halloween

Teen, 14 years old Written byagneumeyer April 14, 2011

Watch Carefully.

In this film, there are scenes of violence, sex, and drinking that is not appropriate for younger viewers. As a film, it is Groundbreaking, Atmospheric, and Extremely Creepy. It is amazing that this film can age so well, Michael is still scary, Laurie is still fearless, and everyone is still having fun (until they are impaled).
Adult Written byDr3w November 8, 2011

Seriously people?

I'm just going to quote a few of the other reviews first: "There is toplessness but nothing that a kid over the age of 10 hasn't seen." "'Halloween' is very frightening at times and it does contain SOME drug use and sexual content but nothing a mature seven-year old can't handle." "classic horror my first R rated horror movie saw it when i was 6. Ok for 2 and up." I would continue, but what's the point? Ok, so this is not The Texas Chainsaw Massacre or Saw. Does that mean you want your young impressionable children being exposed to this? There are so many studies that show that violence in movies (particularly sadistic violence like the violence portrayed in horror films like this one) has an awful effect on young children. So, what if they can handle it? I could probably handle having my legs chopped off too, but does that mean I would go do it? And just because your kids have probably seen a woman's breasts before they turn ten (and I certainly hadn't seen many breasts when I was ten) doesn't mean that you should willingly expose them to more. I'll stop now before I get really upset. I guess I should have known when I was reading reviews by people who enjoy these kinds of movies that they would have different views about films. Just out of curiosity, how old do you think your kids should be before they see the Saw movies? Twelve?
Teen, 13 years old Written byHotaru Chan May 6, 2011

Amazing movie, perfect for horror movie fans

Halloween is the mother of all slasher films. The suspence will keep you on your toes, and Michael Myers is scary as heck. Of course, it's not for everyone though; there is slight cursing and some female nudity (it's subtle though, not in your face). And being a slasher, there is violence. Although you never really see much, if any blood, so it should be fine for kids over 10, maybe younger if they're pretty mature. Laurie Strode is a good role model, going out of her way to protect the kids (although she does suffer from a few things characters in horror movies usually do, such as turning your back on the killer and not keeping the killer's weapon with you so he can't grab it again. But overall she's a fine role model). Halloween is possibly my favorite movie of all time, and will probably stay that way for a long time. Even if you're not crazy about horror movies, give Halloween a try. You may be surprised.
Kid, 12 years old December 21, 2011

Overrated

Not bloody or anything. I turned it off after a an hour in a half because I was bored. Maybe it was bad when it came out, but no all it is is a bad role model in a suspenseful movie
Teen, 13 years old Written bydancerchick98 November 11, 2011

great first horror movie!!

this is my first horror movie and i am 13. it didnt show any blood, violence not an issue. sex nothing that hasnt been seen.
Teen, 15 years old Written byJaysnake May 15, 2011

Great for teens

Very little blood and gore. A little mature content but it didn't go over the top. Language suprisingly wasen't very bad. Overall its suspensful and a great movie
Teen, 13 years old Written bycoolcat123321 April 15, 2011

great

This movie is the scariest i have ever scene. It is a little inopropiate but it isn't that bad. There is not much blood or gore. No cusing. And Laurie Strode is a great role model for the most part
Teen, 13 years old Written byrobinrunner March 21, 2011

Don't show this to young kids!

I can't say I didn't like the movie, in fact I thought it was very good for a old horror film. But in it theres nudity, violence, two girls are smoking some sort of drug and hiding it from there father, and profanity. We had to fast forward scenes. However it's good for people who love scary movies but not blood.
Teen, 13 years old Written byshanny24 September 12, 2010

Great Horror Classic

This movie is great! Don't listen to Common Sense! The violence isn't that bad, in fact its so unrealistic that its laughable. And the "character that gets stabbed in the eye with a hanger" is michial myers and he's wearing a mask so you dont see it. The only thing thats not very good is that you see a girls' boobs but its not that bad. overall its a good movie
Teen, 17 years old Written byVic09pet May 31, 2015

Always gets kids nightmares

Fist Michael is not for kids and way too much murder and blood
Teen, 14 years old Written byKmfan97 May 30, 2015

the sex in this movie should fly over young kids heads just know what they can handle other than that.

I was 10 years old when I saw this and it was the first horror film to be rated r and to be honest it's really not that bad to show to a 10+ kid. The story in case you don't know it is about a Teenager named Laurie Strode who gets stalked by a mysterious and unbelievably scary masked killer named Michael Myers on Halloween night while she's babysitting some kids. Myers escaped from a mental institution years after murdering his sister on Halloween night in 1963 for an unknown reason and is being hunted down by his doctor doctor Sam Loomis and he tries to stop him before he can kill too many people. There is hardly any blood in this film and the blood that is shown looks kind of fake considering how this movies budget was under a million dollars. There is one sex scene in this however but you don't see much because they are doing it in a dark room with nothing but a jack o lantern lighting it, plus it flew way over my head when I was 10 so as long as you're kid doesn't think much of it they should be fine with this scene. The last thing I want to mention is that this movie is really scary and it will definitely have you looking out your window after viewing it for the first time, if you watch it at night at least which is what I personally recommend. All in all I disagree with the csm rating and I say that 10+ can see it you just really have to know what they can handle. I also can't wait to watch this this Halloween!
Teen, 15 years old Written bygamreviewer April 7, 2015

Terrifying horror classic.

This movie is very scary and can make you jump a littler more more. It doesn't have much language. Just some uses of s--t. There is some boobs shown. It has a lot of sexuality in it. Not too much blood though. Overall if you trust your kids watching those things, then they're okay. I watched this with my dad when I was 12, and my dad checks these movies out. He's not careless with what I watch, so he thought I could handle this movie. It depends on what your kid can handle.
Teen, 14 years old Written bynuala2404 March 15, 2015

OK

I didn't like this movie. Not because of violence, sex or drug use but because it is not a very good movie. I personally think it is OK for young children as it is only a suspense thriller with little to no bloody or gory violence. I would let you kids watch this but it just isn't a good movie.
Teen, 14 years old Written byDuckCommander13 December 5, 2014

I loved this movie!

Halloween starts out really slow-paced until there's about 40 minutes left then it gets very exciting! There is a sex scene where breasts are shone. There are no uses of F*** as far as I could hear, some uses of S*** and all the other mild swears. There are stabbings but there is minimal blood or gore. There's smoking but it isn't encouraged.
Teen, 14 years old Written byMassa007 November 19, 2014

Great classic!!

Great movie, but involves a lot of swearing, drinking, and sexually active teens. Not really for children under 16!
Teen, 16 years old Written byHiphophead123 November 8, 2014

Not As Bad As CSM Says

Halloween is a horror classic. It's one of those movies that is cheesy and dumb but very respected and loved just because of its legacy. This movie will not scare kids over the age of 13. If they're with a friend while watching it, it's not bad at all. The biggest problem with this movie is the nudity at one part. The nudity includes a teenage boy and girl in bed together, and it shows the girl's breasts for a few seconds. It shows her breasts again in the next scene. Then when Michael Myers kills her it shows her breasts. Other than that scene, this movie should be fine for 14 and up. Just make sure if you let your young teenager watch this, they're with a friend and mature. Language is not an issue and there is minimal drinking, drugs and smoking. The violence is not terrible, but definitely not for young kids. Most of this movie will give your kid a laugh, if they're with a friend. Alone, it might scare them.
Teen, 14 years old Written byAfroman2000@awesome November 2, 2014

Halloween

Halloween is a classic and is iffy for 14 and older but has nudity and Graphic Violence
Adult Written byyuri13 October 24, 2014

A girl and a boy kiss and roll around on a couch; we VERY quickly see the girl's bare breasts afterwards, this is believed to be why the film is rated R); she later exposes her bare breasts (which we see very BRIEFLY and PARTIALLY) in front of a man. Her BARE breasts are visible a total of 4 and 1/2 times, because one shot is so quick that you might miss it (quickly pans up). For the parents who haven't seen Halloween expect it to be very violent. But it actually has very little violence and when it does it is almost all of screen and left to the viewers imagination. Also little to no blood or gore is seen. There is violence, but It's very brief or off-screen most of the time. If breasts was not seen,today will be:Rated PG-13 for sequences of horror violence and terror, disturbing images, some sexuality including, brief nudity, language, and drug use-all involving teens
Teen, 13 years old Written by2jayz September 5, 2014

Great horror!

This is one of the best, classic horror films. It is very scary and intense. The violence is usual for an old slasher. Michael Myers stalks and then kills his victims by stabbing and strangulation. Minimal blood. There is one sex part with very, very brief glimpses of a woman's breasts. Characters drink.
Teen, 15 years old Written bygranth August 7, 2014

The night HE came home

This is one of the most famous horror films ever. There are dead bodies and sexual scenes. A naked girl is killed by her 6-year-old brother with a tiny bit of blood shown. There are some cuss words.