Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Go to For Your Family

Parent reviews for Hancock

Has action, heart, but superhero is an alcoholic.

Parent Written byBrandi R. June 25, 2018

Sex

Not sure why the sexual rating is so low.
They have a scene less than 20 minutes in where handcock is home having sex with a woman he met at a bar. There is a ton of moaning sounds and shaking of his home

Adult Written byNathan M. February 28, 2018
Adult Written by11 year old kid September 22, 2014

Soo good

Its amazing

Adult Written byNotYourMom June 24, 2012

Not For Kids Under 17

Not really for children under 17. There is a lot of swearing, sex, alcohol abuse ect. Not something you want your children to imitate and certainly not a hero for your children to look up to.

Adult Written byJEDI micah April 25, 2012

It's a bird! It's a plane! IT'S WILL SMITH!!!

Next to Men in Black and Shark Tale, this is probably Will Smith at his best! This superhero movie is awesome! Like other superhero movies, it has plenty of violence, but what may be a little more surprising is the way Hancock drinks alcoholic beverages. Parents, this will be a great movie for your kids if they're 13 and older! There are also some funny scenes in this movie as well!

Parent Written byPlague March 4, 2010

Hancock

Will Smith is a very funny character. This movie was pumped full of action and humor, along with a great storyline.

Adult Written by4Spice October 22, 2009

watch it good movie 11 and over

veryyy good movie lots of funny parts and action 11 and over watch it
Parent of a 14 year old Written byjacob0929 September 3, 2009

good movie

only problem is drinking language and bad role models. everyone expects a little violence so thats not an issue unless youre like...5 yrs old.

Adult Written bymlb444 June 29, 2009

OK Will Smith action flick, could've been better.

The movie itself was a bit stupid but i always was a Will SMith fan so that saved it pus the amazing special effect. But this extreme alcoholic swears like a sailor and gives us 1 F bomb.

Parent Written bynatman June 28, 2009

Great movie for kids 10 and up!!!!

This movie is amazing! Hancock is a superhero (a rude one) so expect the kind of violence that you see in spider-man, batman, and other superhero movies. Be aware that Hancock is an alchaholic. Just to say, nearly every other sentence in this movie contains a*s or a**hole. This definatley a movie for 10+ mabey even 11+ depending on your family. If you ahve an ten or an eleven year old let them watch it!!!!

Adult Written byAutisticMajor June 18, 2009

Parent of a 6 and 8 year old Written bydsloanak March 7, 2009

IT was an okay movie.

I liked it to a degree. I mean its hard not to like a movie with will smith in it.There is a little twist in the movie which is great and kinda catches you off guard. NO KIDS SHOULD WATCH THIS MOVIE..This is Adult content=D
Parent of a 1, 8, 9, and 14 year old Written bythejokerspencil January 28, 2009

Who craes if the hero is an alcoholic?

It overrated
Adult Written bydandamovieman January 15, 2009

fun, action-packed movie

thought it good, although heaps of swearing and comic violence and little lose whats happening in the end
Parent of a 5, 9, 11, and 14 year old Written byJamesRobertson January 4, 2009
Parent of a 12 and 15 year old Written bydadoftwo December 18, 2008

Caution:Unrated version starts with sex scene

I looked at the common sense rating before renting Hancock at Netflix. It showed no sex scenes. Then I watched it at home. (Mild Spoiler Warning) At the beginning of the film, it has a woman driving Hancock back to his trailer where she wants to have sex with him. The scene that follows is inappropriate for kids. While it does not show any body parts, the conversation and results of the encounter are crude and rude. Then there is the problem with the use of swear words throughout the movie. But that rather pales to the scene where Hancock (Spoiler warning) puts one prisoner's head up another prisoner's buttocks. While we only see the results, the language was crude as is the resulting image. As for the quality of the story, it is severely lacking, and neither my 13 or 15 year old found the movie to be good or worth seeing in the first place. Very disappointing movie from Will Smith.
Parent of a 7 year old Written byjflynn22 December 4, 2008

Good movie

This is a great move - it's funny, there's action..all good stuff. My 7 year old wanted to see it, but we watched it first and decided it's not really appropriate. There is a lot of violence and language. More so, in my opinion, than movies like Iron Man or The Hulk.
Adult Written byChris LP November 30, 2008

My new favorite movie!!

This is by far the best superhero movie of all time. A must see for everyone.
Adult Written byhpdvs2 April 9, 2008
Adult Written bystacymavros April 9, 2008

Started fun--ended dark

This movie began in a comical albeit questionable way--at the end was very violent and graphically dark. The storyline could've held its own without the gross violent content and ridiculous swearing. We took our girls to see Hancock--and left towards the end when the violence became too much--gunshot wounds, knife to the back of the neck etc. Many people think kids are resilient--but remember that what we expose them to cannot be undone. Those images won't be erased from my girls' memories...not good. Also worth mentioning is that although the movie is rated PG 13 the trailers beforehand were very, very inappropriate--many were rated R and one preview was shocking--drug use, sexual content and OMG images. So, when taking your kids to see Hancock be forwarned that you will be hit with previews that will not be age appropriate in any way. I rated this movie for ages 13-16 with the preference of closer to 16.