All member reviews for Hanna

Violent thriller is a high-stakes teen-assassin tale.

Parent Written byROBERT BOB October 5, 2011

Don't waist your time and mind.

PLEASE DON'T LET YOUR KIDS SEE THIS MOVIE, Im 51 and shot it off after 5 min.
Teen, 15 years old Written bysky65z October 9, 2011

Good movie. Odd ending

This movie is not as violent as the review says and what did you expect in a movie about an assassin. The only bad language is one quiet F-bomb and that's it. I did feel a little let down at the ending but other than that it was good.
Teen, 13 years old Written byhowrselover January 24, 2012

Iffy appropriateness

It depends on how sensitive you are to certain topics and actions. But I really liked it.
Parent Written bymaryjayne January 12, 2012

Inappropriate level of violence for its child audience

Good soundtrack, actors and filming nice to look at, thrilling though frequently unbelievable storyline. Mostly enjoyable but certainly not for kids. It's rated 12 in the UK and there's NO WAY I'd want my 12 year old to see it. It's clearly aimed at the younger market and while there wasn't as much gore as you'd usually get in an adult film of this genre, there's so much violence I'm very surpised indeed that it wasn't classified 15. It makes me lose all faith in the classification board! I felt that the fact that most of the violence was perpetrated by a child character made it all the more inappropriate for a 12 year-old child to watch.
Adult Written bypvtplatypus January 3, 2012

Hanna

Hanna is one of the best action flicks of the year. I'm not gonna go into details about the story, just see it. There is some quick scenes of violence, they aren't graphic but definitely too much for a preteen. Just like every PG-13 movie today, there is one use of the F word, as well as a few S words. The sexual content is mostly kept to a minimum. There is a camper shaking, with moaning. A girl makes a remark about this. Overall, any somewhat mature teen can probably see this. Great suspense thriller, highly recommended.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySithLordBeast December 2, 2011

crap

This is possibly one of the worst movies I've ever seen. No plot or backround whatsoever, and it seems like all the director wanted to do was kill everyone in the whole freaking movie. Who cares about content-wise just don't watch the movie cuz of its sorry-ness. I seriously just wasted 2 hours of my life. WHAT THE HECK WERE THE DIRECTORS THINKING?!?!?!?!?!?! I'd rather watch Dora...........
Teen, 14 years old Written byMktheReviewer November 23, 2011

Very good movie but watch out for other things..

REALLY GREAT MOVIE! I was blown away actually. Great acting, great story, great everything. BUT. Brace yourselves. Do not see this with anyone younger than 13 in the area. There is one scene with a married couple having some very loud sex. Another scene describes being lesbian. Violence wasn't too bad, not much blood but definitely a lot of chases, threats, and punches.
Adult Written byRosie93 November 25, 2012

Not for Kids

Great but surprisingly violent film. Not for children or young teens despite it's low rating.
Teen, 14 years old Written byTristanScarpitto February 17, 2012

Violent, but a great plot.

If you've got half a mind, and listen closely at the end everything all comes into place. The plot was brilliant, the music was very original, the violence was pretty brutal, but I wouldn't call it an R worthy movie. One mention of sexual content where a comment is made about someone having both male and female genitalia, but that's about it. Two characters (both female) kiss, but not sexualy. Great movie, recommended for teens and adults.
Teen, 14 years old Written byBieberFreakinFever December 30, 2011

Rated R Material

This movie was pritty good. It told a great story. But something i really don't get about this movie is why is rated PG-13? There is some bad languge, brief sexual refrences, and several (about 95% of the movie) scenes of violence, not to mention lots of blood and disturbing images. I'm not to lie the movies violence was so intense it scared me sometimes. I really thought after watching this that it was great, but it should have been rated R.
Kid, 12 years old July 18, 2012

Awesome and isn't scary to me

One night my dad and I were flipping through the channels and we saw this. We turned it on (it was only 5 minutes in so we didn't miss much). It is probably one of my most favorite movies. I am 12 and I can only watch a pg 13 movie if my dad has previewed it or he is watching it with me. To be honest this movie isn't even that bad. I mean yes it has a lot of violence but nothing else. Not to effend anyone but some of the people on here say you should be seventeen. I find that ridiculous. I guess it depends on the child. I can only watch pg 13 if it is violent and theres cursing. If there is anything nasty (and you know what I mean) I cant watch it. So if your child gets scared easily maybe they should stick with pg and g but it didn"t bother me.
Kid, 11 years old June 29, 2012

The Best!

it is a really good film! Quite bloody and gory for PG-13 though!
Adult Written byN.Kindred January 21, 2015

Teen, 17 years old Written bywhiteblack December 17, 2014

Beautiful and thought provoking

This is a well shot movie that manages to completely captivate the audience without resulting to extreme violence.
Kid, 11 years old December 13, 2013

STUFF

ME AND MY SIB'S ARE SCARED OF THIS CRAP AND WE ARE 13 ,11, AND 15! DON'T EVER WATCH IT UNLESS YOUR AN ADULT IN FACT IF YOU ARE AN ADULT STILL DON'T WATCH IT .ONLY BLIND OLD PEOPLE THAT CANT HEAR SHOULD COME NEAR THIS FLICKEN CRAP MONSTER ! I AM NOT KIDDING ITS NOT WORTH HAVING NIGHTMARES AND PEEING AND POOPING EVERYWHERE AT THE AGE OF 50 OR YOUNGER! OH YEAH AND OLDER! JUST PICTURE YOURSELF CHOKING AND GAGGING YOUR DENTURE JUICE ALL OVER YOUR NEW WIFE , BABY AND PAJAMAS. OK DUDE SO NO TOUCHIE.IF THIS HASN'T CONVINCED YOU THAN WHEN I FORT ON YOUR FACE YOU'LL REGRET ET. AWESOME POSSUM OUT........... OH AND IT SOUNDS LIKE MAC&CHEESE BEING STIRRED
Kid, 12 years old August 9, 2013

12+

Just a bit of violence but pretty cool.
Teen, 13 years old Written byShen2 June 1, 2013

Hanna, rubbish movie and way too violent.

Very bad movie. I didn't like it at all. It was too violent and horrible, and had a very bad plot line. If I could I would go back and stop myself watching it. It was a really violent movie especially in certain moments of the movie, like when a man was killed with a pen. Don't ask how. Consider it strongly if your 13 or 12 year old child wants to watch it and do not let anyone 11 or under near it, or they will be mentally scarred for life.
Kid, 12 years old September 10, 2012

Great movie!!!!!!

this movie is wonderfully filmed and is very well done. Hanna is smart and witty and there is surprisingly not too much violence in the movie. Guts are shown, but some things are not. Like when a man is about to stab another one, the scene stops right before the pen goes into his throat. A man is shot with arrows multiple times and is hung upside-down from a ceiling- in a candy house i might add. Nobody under 11 years old should see this. The candy house which at first is portrayed as happy and fun, becomes dark and grim and a place where a person gets killed, this might put a bad picture in younger kids minds. A person also brushes their teeth so hard that their gums bleed, and there is mild language. An animal is killed in this movie, but for food not recreation. I saw this movie when i was eleven and throughly enjoyed it, but somebody under eleven years old might get scared. This movie is wonderful and i would highly recommend it to people who like mildly scary movies, but not too scary or violent.
Kid, 12 years old June 10, 2012

unexpected....

wow! i was amazed this was a 12 as it is very violent! i know a lot of kids that are my age and under would hate this because of the violence but some might not mind it so much!
Teen, 14 years old Written byFox101 June 1, 2012

Not A Kid's Movie

If you are of the faint of heart, this is not the right movie for you. The violence is almost non-stop, and it's incredibly disturbing and personal. I watched this before bed, and could barely fall asleep the plot haunted me so much. The story is well written, but the end seems like the writers got bored, and cut it off before the whole thing could play out...... But then again, it's more about the journey than the destination! Unlike most action movies, there is no humor whatsoever in this film. The main character is over-stressed, and throughout the movie, the more you get inside her mind, the sicker the feeling. In one scene, she pretends to act scared while coddling a woman (she's captive), and you see the innocent look in her eyes; but that changes within an instant, when she breaks the woman's neck. Startlingly dark, well-written and superbly-acted, Hanna will leave you shaking with the ever-hanging suspense........ Even after the end, you'll be waiting for what's next.