All member reviews for Hannibal

Thoroughly distasteful. Not for kids.

Teen, 15 years old Written byDVS Cable Polenin April 9, 2008

I luv this movie! :P

I rekon this movie was awesome. i loved it. the violence to me wasnt really all that bad. id say the worst part is where you see hannible cuts open someones head and then begins frying his brains. it sounds really yucky and gross but its not as bad as it seems..before i watched the movie i was really worried kinda thing thinking it would be a really horrifying movie. it turned out to be much different than i expected. if your not big on violence then i dont reccomend you watch it, otherwise good ahead.
Teen, 15 years old Written byWay2Dramatic April 9, 2008

Wow, was this gross.

This movie still is pretty good, although there is no comparison between it and The Silence of the Lambs. The only main issue here is violence. Let me start by saying I don't get grossed out eaisly. Yet there is one scene involing a brain (I won't go into detail for the sake of whoever is reading this) and it had my stomache doing backflips for the next 12 hours. There are also people who are eaten by pigs, hung, disembowled, peel off their face (most of it is not seen because of the way the cinematography is) and a big shoot out. I say if you ever get grossed out, DON'T WATCH IT.
Kid, 11 years old March 1, 2009

Hannibal is an average sequel at best with some cool CGI effects

Hannibal is the sequel to the very successful film, Silence of the lambs. The film returns with Clarice Starling (Julianne Moore) and Dr. Hannibal Lecter (Anthony Hopkins). A child molester wants revenge because Hannibal ate his face, literally, and now he looks awful. Although, Hannibal sends Clarice Starling to investigate more about the child molester. This film was okay considering it was a sequel but the original was so much better. The film had way too much dialogue and the film didn't have such an interesting premise as the first had. Although, the blood effects were cool when they were on screen. Overall, I recommend Hannibal as a rental, but nothing more than that. For sexual content, people use sexual terms for genitalia such as (p****) and (c*** sucker). Also a man is known as a "child molester". We see a guy that is naked, but in a non-sexual matter. For violence, there are some graphic, violent acts. Such as one scene were a man is eaten by several pigs. Then Hannibal cuts his head open and eats his brain. In another scene a man is hung from a rope, then a man releases the rope, and the man hits the ground, and there are buckets of blood in this scene. More gruesome deaths should be noted. While there are only 2 uses of the f word, other strong profanities are heard such as anatomical terms, scatological terms, 2 sexual terms for male and female genitalia, name-calling, religious exclamations, and religious profanities. I recommend this movie to older audiences, such as 15 year olds.
Teen, 16 years old Written byMichael Fraraccio June 30, 2015

"Thinkin' about cannibalism."

Avoid this movie.
Adult Written byfonzieg April 3, 2015

Not a masterpiece like The Silence of the Lambs, but it still has occasional thrills

Hannibal Lecter, he was a character in one of the greatest movies of all time, now here is a sequel that is only okay. It still has occasional thrills, and a delightfully dark atmosphere, but that's about it!
Teen, 14 years old Written byIanMcT January 3, 2015

Silence of the Lambs sequel is much lesser in quality.

Hannibal is a interesting horror/thriller sequel to the Academy Award winning masterpiece, Silence of the Lambs, directed by Jonathan Demme. Though it will keep horror fans entertained, it's forgettable, and is nothing that fans of the genre haven't seen before. It's violent, though not to the level of most modern horror films. That being said, it's not for young teens or children. It's worth the time, but viewers would be much better of with Silence of the Lambs, or another classic horror film such as the Sixth Sense or Rosemary's Baby. All in all, this movie had potential, of which it failed to reach, and is masked by minor violence, which could be disturbing to some viewers.
Parent of a 5 year old Written bymadsmooney1214 April 6, 2012

just wrong and my kids cant watch
Teen, 13 years old Written bypoe-ette December 30, 2011

I will never never never never watch this

Teen, 13 years old Written bycerealkiller189 November 28, 2011

Definitely the most memorable quote a movie has ever had in a decade.

"When the fox hears a rabbit scream,he comes a' runnin'.But not to help."- Mason Verger lololololol
Teen, 14 years old Written byantoineisthebest May 17, 2011
I think this movie is very gore, we see Hannibal taking a brain of a human body then fried then eat it I think this movie is ok
Adult Written bydylandog July 8, 2010

raw raw Hannibal raw

I enjoyed the movie but it was not scary it was more of a slasher flick. But there was really gory parts. But I loved the speacil effects thou. This movie is only for kids who can handel gore, violence, and other strong themes.
Adult Written bysouthparkfan14 March 21, 2010

good but too violent

the movie is ok but doesnt need that much violence... the brain scene is just gross!
Parent Written byPlague December 15, 2009

Hannibal

Great movie, not nearly as good as Silence of the Lambs though. But still, anything that has Dr. Lector in it is a must watch movie to me.
Kid, 10 years old September 14, 2009

scary, but excellent film

This movie is scary, not just freaky, but psychologically disturbing, kids under 12, unlike me, will be very confused about the homosexual activity in an intense, horrid flashback of a now scarred man meeting Hannibal.
Teen, 13 years old Written byandielabeouf July 5, 2009

just allright

Well, ''Hannibal'' is the worst movie in the Dr. Lecter Movies. But it doesn't mean it's a bad movie, it's not but it's not a good one either, it's just all right. I read the novel before watching the movie and there are some things that makes this movie just all right: 1) MARGOT. It's a character who appears in the novel but not in the movie. She's Mason's lesbian sister. She's an important character because she kills Mason and she has a ''friendship'' with Barney. 2)Lots of scenes that i can't remember now don't appear in the movie. 3) It's not the same without Jodie Foster. 4)it's not the same hannibal lecter who was in the silence of the lambs,i mean, its not the insane man behind the glass in the psichyatric... 5) The part of the movie that happens in Italy its boring til hannibal kills Pazzi & company.
Adult Written byfears_91 February 9, 2009

amazing

this is a movie that will make your have nightmares the rest of your life
Adult Written byDigOphelia April 9, 2008
Over all it was an amazing movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!