All teen and kid member reviews for Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters

Kid, 11 years old February 2, 2013

Same Old Story,Different Day

This movie is just the same fractured fairy tale with blood. There's just nothing special that stands out in this movie. Save your money.
Teen, 13 years old Written bysam varma January 25, 2013

promising..jut promising

good gory action thriller which is promising....... could have been better though
Kid, 12 years old October 25, 2013

I hate to break it to you, but this movie is EPIC! (after you watch it/ if you've watched it you will get that)

There's no dout bout it, this is an amazing movie. I loved this movie, this was my sort of movie, tons of violence, a bit of swearing and just BOSS attitudes. The level of violence in this is high but not that realistic. Like witches get blown to shreds, two witches fly into some wires and get completely decapitated, a witches head gets pulled off, etc. Now, I watched this and I didn't find the violence that intense, it all had a dark feeling about it but it didn't really make me dry-reach or anything. Like sometimes I might go "Ew" but thats it. The only violence that really made me feel sick was when Hansel and Gretel's Dad got hung. He was thrashing all over the place, which I found VERY disturbing. The scariest part for me was when Hansel and another girl get into a fresh spring of water, naked, and start kissing. It is then implied they have sex. This is the only sexual thing that happens in the movie though and if you don't want to see this there's a pretty long introduction before they go in, They for one, are sitting right next to it, then the girl (forgot her name) says its easier if he just gets in the spring, so Hansel gets up as she starts to undress and says that its fine, etc. Well then he gets in they kiss, blah blah blah. There is not that much swearing but Hansel and Gretel are pretty straight foreward people, easy going, theres one point where a witch casts a spell on a man and he walks into a bar with lots of people including Hansel and Gretel and he explodes, Gretel, while wiping blood and guts off her shirt says "I hate that f****ing spell. " I would say a mature 12 -13 year old.
Teen, 14 years old Written byCWG1 June 13, 2013

Funny, and Gory...... I think a mature 12 year old can handle it.

I have to say this movie was very enjoyable. It was however very gory, but it was done in a very stylized way meaning that the blood looked pretty artificial, but it would scare some of the younger kids. There was some drinking, but bad at all. There were a few F words, and S words, but pretty mild for a R rated movie. there was one quick scene of nudity in which they show a woman's butt, and breast this scene is pretty fast though, and she gets in the water with a man, and then the scene cuts away, so no sex acts are shown. I think that a mature 12 year old can handle it.
Kid, 10 years old May 4, 2013

Really good!

Teen, 15 years old Written byMidoShery June 27, 2013

Amazing movie! For teens and adults.

The movie is awesome! The movie is for teens & adults only because it's a bit violent and because of the scene between the witch and Hansel (which you can skip or cover your eyes until it is over). It is full of action and a good plot. Hansel and Gretel are positive role models because they kill evil witches and help people.
Kid, 11 years old January 26, 2013

Hansel and Gretel- Jeremy Renner

cant wait until it comes out love you jeremy renner
Teen, 14 years old Written byNoa_iak September 25, 2013

A great movie for teen around 15-16 years old

sorry if i have mistakes english isn't my native language.. A wonderful movie I wached with my friends when we were in thr 9th grade [14 and 15 years old] and we all enjoyed it very much. The witches are very realistic and might frighten some kids or even teenagers but it's worth it. There is one scene as writtn by this site, in witch there is a girl nude but mothing is really shown and we found it harmless. And I marked good massge beacuse just like in any other, the good wins. I don't know what else can I say it is just a great movie.
Kid, 9 years old December 26, 2013

Best Witch Movie Ever!

This was the best witch movie ever! But do not show your little kids because the witches faces may scare them! But actually the witches were funny but the blood in it looks fake so for big kids it is a fun movie to watch!
Kid, 11 years old March 11, 2013

gory

soo gory and violent with detale
Teen, 17 years old Written byBryn Allisia March 20, 2014

Intense Action

I LOVED this movie. It has incredibly entertaining, great music, characters, plot, tons of weapons, lots of action, a kick butt heroine, and a new original take on a great story. I thoroughly enjoyed it. However, this movie is definitely intense, and far too much for most little kids to handle. Pervasive language, terrifying images, one sex scene involving nudity (easy to predict and skip over though if desired), and graphic violence, including brief scenes of torture are involved. On the other hand, the good guys, Hansel and Gretel, are very loving and protective of the innocent, especially Hansel, which I really thought was a great touch. And the love for each other was beautifully acted. I loved how the director perfectly combined the action with great relationships that reflected tenderness between siblings, lovers, and hero/victims.
Teen, 15 years old Written byIamSherlocked January 22, 2015

Brilliant

This movie has loads of action, good script and brilliant acting. I would recommend this movie for mature fourteen year olds accompanied.
Kid, 12 years old October 18, 2014

May be intense for young teens

Not really gory as some people say.Maybe I am just used to it though. It would be way too gory for 10 year olds,but just fine for mature 11 year olds. Not much nudity,but it had its moments.
Kid, 11 years old January 15, 2014

Is fine for kids 11 and up

I saw this when I was ten. I think it's fine for 10 and up because all it has is violence ( which looks very fake ) and a bit of swearing. And frankly, kids hear swearing everyday and I honestly don' t know why you parents think that a kid would pick up swearing from movies. Percentages show that most kids pick up swearing from an older brother or sister or even their parents.
Teen, 14 years old Written byJimmy Brew July 24, 2015
Teen, 17 years old Written byStevie111 May 27, 2015

Decent Fantasy Film with Blood, Silly Looking Witches, and Actually some Humor

This silly but fun witch killing movie has lots of violence, but not much more than PG-13 films. There is more blood and gore, as well as some sexual content and some stronger language. The movie is pretty good, but not great. I would recommend it to fantasy fans.
Teen, 13 years old Written byJemma.swales April 5, 2015

great film

I watched this with my parents when i was around 12 and didnt really find it scary but if my younger who cousin who is now 12 would freak out and probably have nightmares for ages because we watched cirque du freak the vampires assistant when she was 11 and she ended up crying
Teen, 13 years old Written byRun with wolves March 22, 2015

Great ang gory

I think it's a great movie . The only thing to worry about it for younger kids it might be a little too creepy and bloody. For kids that can handly bloody violent movies. It's all fake. I Personally don't think its a bad movie at all. It plays out very well. There is one scene of a woman's naked butt for only like 5 seconds. The F word comes around about 4 times and other swears too. Overall with the right audience the movie is very entertaining and enjoyable for the suspense/fantasy lovers
Teen, 15 years old Written byMr Blonde January 28, 2014