All member reviews for Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters

Brisk, outrageous action movie has tons of witchy violence.

Teen, 17 years old Written byBryn Allisia March 20, 2014

Intense Action

I LOVED this movie. It has incredibly entertaining, great music, characters, plot, tons of weapons, lots of action, a kick butt heroine, and a new original take on a great story. I thoroughly enjoyed it. However, this movie is definitely intense, and far too much for most little kids to handle. Pervasive language, terrifying images, one sex scene involving nudity (easy to predict and skip over though if desired), and graphic violence, including brief scenes of torture are involved. On the other hand, the good guys, Hansel and Gretel, are very loving and protective of the innocent, especially Hansel, which I really thought was a great touch. And the love for each other was beautifully acted. I loved how the director perfectly combined the action with great relationships that reflected tenderness between siblings, lovers, and hero/victims.
Teen, 15 years old Written byIamSherlocked January 22, 2015

Brilliant

This movie has loads of action, good script and brilliant acting. I would recommend this movie for mature fourteen year olds accompanied.
Kid, 12 years old October 18, 2014

May be intense for young teens

Not really gory as some people say.Maybe I am just used to it though. It would be way too gory for 10 year olds,but just fine for mature 11 year olds. Not much nudity,but it had its moments.
Adult Written byIalan2 January 30, 2014

Going for a Ride

I was curious why this movie was mostly popular with the public and panned by critics. There was much action and drama, but it's not going to win an academy award. The theatrical version I viewed did have some profanity and nudity. The nudity there I believe was in good taste. There's ample violence, mainly gore, boys may find fine, but girls may feel repelled. In a little research done, this tale may have originated about 1315, beginning the 'Great Famine' of Europe and a 500 year mini-Ice Age that created many problems and contributed to the culture, economics of the globe. About that time and some years to the colonization of the 'New World', spoiled barley eaten had ergot that caused hallucinations, exaggerated the pursuit of witches and magic was evil. Further, women were seen as 'enchanting', which exacerbated the witch hunting. The moral of the story is to outwit an opponent by being fast, clever, shrewd and have a little fun too. The movie does go for audience sensibilities to express, 'what's normal these days?', as any project would do for success and these tales trend. The actors prepared well for their roles and did a good job playing the characters. I rate this DVD as a diversion. That's my opinion on it.
Kid, 11 years old January 15, 2014

Is fine for kids 11 and up

I saw this when I was ten. I think it's fine for 10 and up because all it has is violence ( which looks very fake ) and a bit of swearing. And frankly, kids hear swearing everyday and I honestly don' t know why you parents think that a kid would pick up swearing from movies. Percentages show that most kids pick up swearing from an older brother or sister or even their parents.
Teen, 13 years old Written byJemma.swales April 5, 2015

great film

I watched this with my parents when i was around 12 and didnt really find it scary but if my younger who cousin who is now 12 would freak out and probably have nightmares for ages because we watched cirque du freak the vampires assistant when she was 11 and she ended up crying
Teen, 15 years old Written byMr Blonde January 28, 2014
Adult Written bySimon J. October 19, 2016

Awesome

Bit gory, not very realistic.
Teen, 16 years old Written bySophitsa July 14, 2016

Amazing movie!

I love this movie. It does have some gruesome parts in it. But overall it was a great movie. Also has one of my favorite characters in it (Jeremy Renner).
Teen, 14 years old Written byJimmy Brew July 24, 2015
Teen, 17 years old Written byStevie111 May 27, 2015

Decent Fantasy Film with Blood, Silly Looking Witches, and Actually some Humor

This silly but fun witch killing movie has lots of violence, but not much more than PG-13 films. There is more blood and gore, as well as some sexual content and some stronger language. The movie is pretty good, but not great. I would recommend it to fantasy fans.
Teen, 13 years old Written byRun with wolves March 22, 2015

Great ang gory

I think it's a great movie . The only thing to worry about it for younger kids it might be a little too creepy and bloody. For kids that can handly bloody violent movies. It's all fake. I Personally don't think its a bad movie at all. It plays out very well. There is one scene of a woman's naked butt for only like 5 seconds. The F word comes around about 4 times and other swears too. Overall with the right audience the movie is very entertaining and enjoyable for the suspense/fantasy lovers
Adult Written byniall_oreo January 3, 2015