Adult Written byJEDI micah May 24, 2012

CUTE, ADVENTUROUS, AND AMAZING!!!

When is eye-popping about this movie is the computer animation on the penguins and other animals. It looks so real! Besides that, I like the music, story, and characters of this movie! Robin Williams makes me chuckle in this movie! He's a funny actor! I haven't seen the second movie, but I heard that it was terrible! I guess I have to see it for myself!
Parent Written bySweeTrav May 10, 2012

Wake up!

Not for kids. Very disappointed so many people approve of this dirty-dancing, sensationalist, and unrealistic portrayal of penguins. I think people need to more carefully evaluate media representation of reality.
Parent Written byDMIM May 7, 2012

I was not happy...

My children were 5 and 8 when they watched this movie on DVD. I was shocked by the sex in this movie. The penguins dance seductively to songs like "Kiss" by Prince or "I'll Make Love to You." I'd turn these songs off on the radio, but here they were in a movie geared for young children. There was even a scene where one of the penguins is talking about making an egg with a group of female penguins and they jump behind a rock and you can hear them giggling. It's incredibly inappropriate and not at all necessary. We'll never give Happy Feet II a chance.
Parent of a 4 and 6 year old Written bymfa January 18, 2012

Sexual references are not appropriate for children

Since when are the lyrics "I'll make love to you, if you want me to" acceptable for a children's movie??? I was appalled (and, frankly, disgusted) by the blatant sexual references. I made the mistake of using this website's mobile app to check the recommended age on this, which meant that I failed to look at other parents' comments. We definitely will not be seeing Happy Feet 2!
Adult Written byShann January 16, 2012

Great for all ages

Just watched this movie with a five year old who loved it. He wasn't scared by anything, but if you have a young child who's easily afraid there's one or two scenes to skip. It has a great storyline children can enjoy, with another dimension for adults. I picked up on a lot of religious and interracial themes which kids would miss, as well as the obvious environmental conservation theme. The animation is superb.
Parent Written byErohiel December 27, 2011

Blatant anti-theist propaganda

What most reviewers fail to notice is the blatant anti-theist propaganda in this movie. The penguins have a 'god', and the religious leaders who are often heard quoting a penguin version of the Christian bible are portrayed as bad-guys. Not only this, but the main character goes on a quest to prove that 'aliens' exist. In the end, all the penguins are happy only after renouncing their faith and admitting the existence of 'aliens'.
Parent of a 5 year old Written byInconceivable March 5, 2011
Adult Written bymrsrobinson97 April 9, 2008
Adult Written bywhatever9696 April 9, 2008
Adult Written bystepforone April 9, 2008

Not a happy film

I was really expecting light entertainment. Been looking forward to this film coming out on DVD. I am so disappointed in it! It was too violent for little ones (or at least it was scary) and sad and pushed environmental causes down our throats. I really don't want my 6 yo to feel like humans are evil aliens out to destroy the cute little penguins. We had both been looking forward to this movie but I'm glad I watched it first after she went to bed. She has a real issue about people being sad or scared on film. She starts crying and won't finish the movie. She would hate this movie if I had let her watch it. This is not the way it was marketed at all. Sooo glad we didn't go see it in the theatre.
Adult Written bykimmeroo April 9, 2008
Adult Written bytigletsmom April 9, 2008

Don't waste your time or money.

I completely agree with everythign the woman from NC said. Too overly sexed for children. Also, the way they portray the man character Mumbles, is terrible. It's also like he is slighly retarded or has downs syndrome. This movie is terrible.
Adult Written bybamagirl9095 April 9, 2008

Not for children under 13

While this movie is cute and has catchy tunes, it is not a movie for a 4 and 6 year old. Way too many things we have to try to explain to our 6 year old daughter now.
Adult Written by#1twinsmom April 9, 2008

Humorous and cute, yet parts were dramatic.

We took our 4 year old twins and they loved it. I felt parts were dramatic as far as some of the seal scenes, etc.. but I loved the dancing and singing and the overall message as well.
Adult Written bynatensuz April 9, 2008
Adult Written bynurseterra April 9, 2008

Sex filled soap opera for children

I thought I was taking to watch a cute movie about penguins...instead it was a soap opera aimed at innocent children. I was very disappointed that the movie had such a sexual content...Singing "I'll make love to you," the all knowing penguin asking the ladies who was going to be "first." I was disgusted.