All parent member reviews for Happy Feet

Adult Written bySarah Grace September 27, 2010

Weird.

Eww, eww, eww. I can't believe I even watched this entire movie. Kids movie, huh? The music was gross, and the whole thing was just creepy and weird :( Kind of shocked me for a kids show.
Parent of a 2 and 5 year old Written byhannahrose October 28, 2009
Adult Written bymrsrobinson97 April 9, 2008
Adult Written bywhatever9696 April 9, 2008
Adult Written bystepforone April 9, 2008

Not a happy film

I was really expecting light entertainment. Been looking forward to this film coming out on DVD. I am so disappointed in it! It was too violent for little ones (or at least it was scary) and sad and pushed environmental causes down our throats. I really don't want my 6 yo to feel like humans are evil aliens out to destroy the cute little penguins. We had both been looking forward to this movie but I'm glad I watched it first after she went to bed. She has a real issue about people being sad or scared on film. She starts crying and won't finish the movie. She would hate this movie if I had let her watch it. This is not the way it was marketed at all. Sooo glad we didn't go see it in the theatre.
Adult Written bykimmeroo April 9, 2008
Adult Written bygarfield2711 April 9, 2008
Adult Written bytigletsmom April 9, 2008

Don't waste your time or money.

I completely agree with everythign the woman from NC said. Too overly sexed for children. Also, the way they portray the man character Mumbles, is terrible. It's also like he is slighly retarded or has downs syndrome. This movie is terrible.
Adult Written bybamagirl9095 April 9, 2008

Not for children under 13

While this movie is cute and has catchy tunes, it is not a movie for a 4 and 6 year old. Way too many things we have to try to explain to our 6 year old daughter now.
Adult Written by#1twinsmom April 9, 2008

Humorous and cute, yet parts were dramatic.

We took our 4 year old twins and they loved it. I felt parts were dramatic as far as some of the seal scenes, etc.. but I loved the dancing and singing and the overall message as well.
Adult Written bynatensuz April 9, 2008
Adult Written bynurseterra April 9, 2008

Sex filled soap opera for children

I thought I was taking to watch a cute movie about penguins...instead it was a soap opera aimed at innocent children. I was very disappointed that the movie had such a sexual content...Singing "I'll make love to you," the all knowing penguin asking the ladies who was going to be "first." I was disgusted.
Adult Written byMiquell April 9, 2008

Great Lesson

I appreciate the message the movie sends out-
Adult Written bykathyannroy April 9, 2008

outstand picture

Many levels here, take what you want from it. the young male penguin is a late bloomer and he is different than his peers (dances rather than sings). No sexual overtones other than waiting to find the right partner-is that bad? What I saw in it: it's ok to be different, it's ok mature at you own speed, parents need to support their kids, perservere and do the right thing.
Adult Written bylmacmillan April 9, 2008

NOT SUITABLE FOR UNDER 8 YEARS.

I'll be brief since we who have children don't have time to waste! Don't take your child if he/she is under 8 years old. Scary violence, slow plot line and stereotypical behavior. My son bounced back and forth between bored and frightened. If Robin Williams hadn't had a couple funny lines, (yes, just a couple) my son wouldn't have even giggled. And honestly, how many times is watching penguins lip-sync to pop music funny? Maybe 2 to 3 times, then the novelty wears thin. The message of being environmentally conscious and accepting differences is great, but next time (message to the studios) more humor, less violence. Parents just want their children to be entertained. The lecturing we'll save for when they're older.