Ultra-cute kid flick has a few scary, emotional moments.

Adult Written bymegan ruth April 9, 2008

an awful movie in many ways

Simply an awful movie. First, boring with a wandering unfocused plotline. What is this movie about? Being true to yourself, parental rejection, environmental degradation, the pathetic lives of zoo animals, freedom through dancing?? How can they combine so many themes in one movie, and why? Also, I got tired quickly of seeing penguins walk across a white landscape. Second, in addition to being boring, it's also frightening (why was the seal so demonic?) and depressing. I'm an environmentalist, but isn't a movie supposed to be FUN to watch? This wasn't. Third, I agree with other reviews that the movie emphasized sexual, racial, & religious stereotypes in ways that are TOTALLY inappropriate for children. This movie is marketed at totally the wrong audience. It is NOT a happy movie about dancing penguins.
Adult Written byGeorgiaPeachiePie April 9, 2008

Unhappy Parents view Happy Feet

Without going into all of the details , let me cut to the chase. There was a penguin that was different than the others. He has to find his own place in his world. The music used in the movie was "Kiss" by Prince or whatever his name is now. The lyrics were NOT appropriate for young children (of which this movie was marketed to!). The song was centered around finding a mate to "make the egg". ] When Mumble & his female "crush" were going to go swimming they ended up rubbing into eachother in many human sexual positions (missionary style, "69" & then he slid down on her with his face in her privates.) While young children may not notice this, WHY should it even be in the movie? It's NOT necessary. Without the sexual overtones & the sexual position scenes, the movies would have been just fine. There's no need for this junk when the movies are marketed to CHILDREN.
Adult Written bycutypa2ty April 9, 2008

Not that great for a kids movie

A good kids movie should be entertaining, have a good moral lesson that they can easily understand and model appropriate behavior. This movie really did neither of the first two objectives and was iffy on the third. The content seemed way above the heads of the target audience and, truthfully, it wasn't really all that entertaining. They would've done better to place the dancing penguin in the context of a more lighthearted storyline without a message that was truly aimed at the adults more than the kids.
Teen, 16 years old Written bythebizent April 9, 2008
Kid, 6 years old April 9, 2008

Bland and Boring

I think this movie was very bland. The lack of color, and variation of scenes. Had me quite bored and the kids as well. I personally have let my six year old watch March of The Pengiuns. My Daughter is an honor roll student. I am a parent who feels best to teach them young. The educational factor was higher in March of The Penguins. I would advise that movie over this if you are curious about penguins.
Adult Written byeagleswin April 9, 2008

This is a must see for the entire family

I throughly enjoyed this flim, it was humorous, it was serious at times, gave information about Penguins that I was unaware of since I don't own one. I was pleasantly surprised to watch this movie. I reccommend it to young and old, it has something for every age.

I laughed!

Best of 2006!!!!
Adult Written byhorse_gerbil April 9, 2008

Good Movie all over. And parents...

I personally thought this was a great movie! I loved how they tied in the conservation effect, so even young veiwers would understand how 'We need to help Mumble.' I have read in the adult reviews that they're concerned about sexual content. Yeah, there are a few things, but if you look at them in a different light, it's not a problem. For example, when Mumble and Gloria are slipping around on the ice and fall against each other in a few awkward positions, all you have to do is think about it as, "The ice is slipery, and penguins aren't exactly the most balanced creatures on the planet," and bam! There's nothing wrong with it. Some people, I believe are just too concerned with having movies with no content that could be possibly twisted into something non-child appropriate. It's a great movie! I understand where you adults are coming from, mind you, but it's not that big of a deal anyway! And you're kids won't know the difference! And if they do understand, then they should be mature enough to not care. I don't. I mean, even the end of Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End has the scene with Will and Liz on the beach, but I was able to sit through it normally. And there was a little boy right next to me. He just watched as if nothing was happening. Either you don't fully know what's happening, and you don't care, or you do know, and you're mature enough to not go freak out. Good movie. Watch it!
Kid, 9 years old April 9, 2008

i laughed

hi girls its mirandi and i wish my top picks will be in the movie but i dont no so have a great life bye
Adult Written byErindira April 9, 2008

A wierd mix of good and inappropriate

I don't know if I would have taken my twin 5 year-olds to this movie if I had read the parents reviews. I was really disappointed by all the sexual innuendo, and relieved it all seemed to go over my kids heads. The lepoard seal scene was so scary the little girl next to us cried. The whole thing with the penquin choking on the plastic rings was too much, all the way through to the attack by the killer whales. So - little kids won't get the sexual references and will be scared by some of the scenes, older kids will get the references and won't be scared. Who is it appropriate for then?
Adult Written byMomofone April 9, 2008
Although, I thought this movie was cute, I thought it implied too much sex for youngsters. I think it's sad that movie makers can get way with filling animation with so much sex and violence, when if they tried to put it in a movie with real people or animals they would be required to rate it at a much higher level.
Teen, 15 years old Written bymoviegeek April 9, 2008
how did this beat cars in best animated film of the year, cars was WAY better then happy feet i give happy feet 2/5 stars and cars 5/5, but happy feet is for younger kids 5 and up.
Teen, 15 years old Written by16cute16 April 9, 2008
Kid, 8 years old April 9, 2008

It was the worst movie!

if you want a appropiate iv movie for your child you can't pick this! It is horrilbilil! The scnes with horrilbile scenes. Even grown ups didn't like it. Don't pick the movie horribile scenes!

This Movie is Dumb

I thought innuendos were terrible and the story line was so dumb!!! Thumbs Down!

2 stars for trying

Appropriate, but very, very bad.

and the Oscar go's to happy feet

happy feet deserved the Oscar it was the best movie of 2006