Ultra-cute kid flick has a few scary, emotional moments.

Kid, 12 years old May 10, 2012

BM

PG For Language, And Some Scary Images
Parent Written bySweeTrav May 10, 2012

Wake up!

Not for kids. Very disappointed so many people approve of this dirty-dancing, sensationalist, and unrealistic portrayal of penguins. I think people need to more carefully evaluate media representation of reality.
Parent Written byDMIM May 7, 2012

I was not happy...

My children were 5 and 8 when they watched this movie on DVD. I was shocked by the sex in this movie. The penguins dance seductively to songs like "Kiss" by Prince or "I'll Make Love to You." I'd turn these songs off on the radio, but here they were in a movie geared for young children. There was even a scene where one of the penguins is talking about making an egg with a group of female penguins and they jump behind a rock and you can hear them giggling. It's incredibly inappropriate and not at all necessary. We'll never give Happy Feet II a chance.
Kid, 12 years old February 7, 2012

tommy's family friendly review

(in ten words or less) mild rude humor mild violence very corny not worth it
Parent of a 4 and 6 year old Written bymfa January 18, 2012

Sexual references are not appropriate for children

Since when are the lyrics "I'll make love to you, if you want me to" acceptable for a children's movie??? I was appalled (and, frankly, disgusted) by the blatant sexual references. I made the mistake of using this website's mobile app to check the recommended age on this, which meant that I failed to look at other parents' comments. We definitely will not be seeing Happy Feet 2!
Adult Written byShann January 16, 2012

Great for all ages

Just watched this movie with a five year old who loved it. He wasn't scared by anything, but if you have a young child who's easily afraid there's one or two scenes to skip. It has a great storyline children can enjoy, with another dimension for adults. I picked up on a lot of religious and interracial themes which kids would miss, as well as the obvious environmental conservation theme. The animation is superb.
Parent Written byErohiel December 27, 2011

Blatant anti-theist propaganda

What most reviewers fail to notice is the blatant anti-theist propaganda in this movie. The penguins have a 'god', and the religious leaders who are often heard quoting a penguin version of the Christian bible are portrayed as bad-guys. Not only this, but the main character goes on a quest to prove that 'aliens' exist. In the end, all the penguins are happy only after renouncing their faith and admitting the existence of 'aliens'.
Kid, 12 years old December 26, 2011

an okay movie

This movie is cute, but will appeal more so to young kids than to tweens.
Teen, 15 years old Written byhomealonefan123 December 17, 2011

this movie is a must see for the whole family! even during the holidays.

this animated movie i highly recommend to kids ages 6-12. i love this penguin movie. but some scenes that may scare younger kids. and the penguins flirt with each other. but a must see for the whole family.
Kid, 8 years old November 16, 2011

Happy Feet

It's 50/50
Kid, 11 years old November 6, 2011

OK content, but the movie sucks.

This is complete bull$#*+.
Teen, 15 years old Written bycandycat123 August 11, 2011

Awesome

I love this movie!! Sure I might have some scenes about matting. But it's perfect!! And yesh people stop being so ignorant!!
Teen, 16 years old Written byMysterious_ballerina August 10, 2011

Pure disappointment

I was hoping to see a cute movie about penguins instead I got a movie way to much involved with mating and sad creepy parts Common sense media why 4 stars?! Why did so many people like this movie? Inappropriate stuff is hinted at throughout the whole movie. Do NOT watch.
Teen, 16 years old Written byJeusus-Christ man37 July 5, 2011

Very cute!

I love Happy feet, it was very cute actually.
Parent of a 5 year old Written byInconceivable March 5, 2011
Kid, 9 years old February 10, 2011
by the way where is the movie review?
Teen, 14 years old Written byMarioMii November 14, 2010

A very happy movie, but it can be perilous

Mumble dances a lot and Ms. Viola teaches him a singing lesson. He made his friends mad and said that it was not funny. Mumble was a great role model beccause he made some great dancing moves and that can be educational in DDR. There was a violent scene when a leopard was trying to bite him which was perilous. My nanny loves this movie because it was mostly interesting with good things.
Adult Written bySarah Grace September 27, 2010

Weird.

Eww, eww, eww. I can't believe I even watched this entire movie. Kids movie, huh? The music was gross, and the whole thing was just creepy and weird :( Kind of shocked me for a kids show.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymanay_4511 September 20, 2010
Teen, 15 years old Written bykoalaMADNESS8 May 8, 2010
H8ed it. :-( I didn't like how all the penguins that could sing thought they were sooooo hot, even Mumble's mom! :-P It sucked.