All member reviews for Happy Feet

Ultra-cute kid flick has a few scary, emotional moments.

Kid, 12 years old August 26, 2012

Great movie for kids 5 and up

I think that this movie is a keeper for 5 and up. My little sister (age 4) was very startled by the bird scene where some birds try to attack mumble, but my 6 year old brother loved it and he was not scared a bit. A few startling scenes, and emotional parts, but nothing that a 5 year old couldn't handle. yes, some parts of the song lyrics are a little inapropriate, but they are fine for kids who are to young to understand it, the lyrics didn't even cross my little brothers mind (age 6). The movie is great for all ages that are 5 and up, great for adults and kids, a sweet, fun movie that teaches kids that being different is ok. It also sends a positive message about the environment and how humans can choose to destroy and help make our world a better place. This is a movie kids will really enjoy and go on and on about. Kids can learn alot from this movie! :) I hope your child sees it since there are many positive messages in this movie! :)
Parent of a 4 and 6 year old Written bymfa January 18, 2012

Sexual references are not appropriate for children

Since when are the lyrics "I'll make love to you, if you want me to" acceptable for a children's movie??? I was appalled (and, frankly, disgusted) by the blatant sexual references. I made the mistake of using this website's mobile app to check the recommended age on this, which meant that I failed to look at other parents' comments. We definitely will not be seeing Happy Feet 2!
Kid, 12 years old October 2, 2009

Beautiful animation flick of a young misfit penguin coming to almost save the entire penguin population. Lovable themes (who doesn't love a tap dancing penguin) with great animation. Scary scenes may frighten young kids. The movie was around half an hour too long, it could have been cut further down.
Kid, 10 years old June 20, 2009

I am kidding about what concerned me...

There is none!

Adult Written bywhatever9696 April 9, 2008

Happy feet

I would recommend this movie because I liked when Mumble (a penguin) tapped his feet. I like the five little penguins that he meets, because they know how to swim fast. I like this movie because it is funny because Mumble looked real when he danced. I like the way Fat Joe sing . At the end I like the way he made them dance with him.

Happy Feet!

I thought the characters were cool. One thing about the movie that I didn't like is most of penguins made fun of the main character - Mumble's - feet. One thing I liked about the movie is when all the penguins joined Mumble with his happy feet at the end of movie. I think this movie is o.k. for ages 9+.

happy feet rocks

One thing I liked about the movie was that even though the other penguins were making fun of Mumble (a penguin) he didn't let them get to him. I like the way Mumble stood up to the chief. I liked the way Mumble got everone including the chief to dance like him. Also I like The way FAT JOE was rapping at the end.
Teen, 16 years old Written byanime_freak004 April 9, 2008

Adult Written bysbm_dvd April 9, 2008

best family film currently showing

My son and I saw this film today and we both really enjoyed it. The audience we were part of appeared to have an age range of 5-50 and they all seemed to enjoy it. Yes you will be dancing in your seat. No it is not racist. Personaly, I think that this is one of those movies where if you think it is racist that is because YOU are a the kind of neo-racist that things that racism is in EVERYTHING. I have also read that some adults are conserned about hints at sexuality in the film. I do not think this is really an issue. The mating rituals of the penguins is somewhat a mild focus. But is that so terrible? There was nothing that I found offensive or had issue with my 9YO child witnessing or hearing. I think the message of being true to who you are AND for the human race to be aware of our affect on our world are excellent messages in a family movie.
Teen, 14 years old Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

I want this movie.

i loved this movie i liked the mexican peiguins and mu mu even though he can sing he is so so so so so cute and wen i get this movie i will always watched this movie..
Teen, 14 years old Written bykamikaze_object April 9, 2008

Ok...

I think this movie got a litle boring, but in the end it's ok. There's not much violence except when Mumble gets attacked by a Seal, but there is sexual innuendo. I think it will go over young childrens' heads, but older children will ask about it. Other reviews have said they were siging "Sex, baby", but they were obviously singing "Eggs, baby". The macaroni penguins introduce a lot of sexual innuendo to the movie, like when one does a pelvic thrust, and when the all-known penguin goes out of sight asking "Who's first?". I think this movie should be rated PG, but if it went just a LITTLE more over the line, it should be rated PG-13. All-in-all, this was a good movie
Adult Written byericvc April 9, 2008

Too intense, we had to walk out...

The promotions (and reviews) promise a great time -- cute penguins, lots of music, a foot-tapping sensation. But it is really needlessly scary and intense. I had hopes that the chases and persecution of Mumbles being different would ebb, but it was relentless and my kids (5+ and 8+) were crying to leave. My kids loved Madagascar, even March of the Penguins, but this was too scary. And I'm equally surprised how many other kids were shocked into silense -- there were no squeals of delight in our packed theater. The depressing thing is that this could have been so much more appealing if they didn't go so over-the-top in trying making it "thrilling."
Teen, 14 years old Written bywookiepie93 April 9, 2008

Only average.......

I don't get why everybody loves this movie. It's only average.
Teen, 13 years old Written by02-5weet April 9, 2008

Teen, 13 years old Written byBartman April 9, 2008

Stupid

This movie was plain stupid. It was teaching young kids to be prejuduce.

Teen, 15 years old Written by16cute16 April 9, 2008