All teen and kid member reviews for Happy-Go-Lucky

Teen, 13 years old Written bybubbleboy April 11, 2009

Just calm yourselves down

Yes, it's sweet and yes, it's likeable, but by no means is it a masterpiece. I will freely admit that Sally Hawkins is wonderful in the film, but that's pretty much the extent of the film's quality. The plot: well, there really isn't one. There's a happy person who teaches, she takes driving lessons from ssome whacko who secretly likes her, and falls in love with a social worker. Being a comitted fan of British humor, I expected a bust-a-gut comedy, but that's not really what it was. It was funny, just not that fuunny. And honestly, people need to stop posting five-star reviews. Just ffor the record, I was the biggest fan of the film in the group that I watched it with, they found it dreadful and slow. So, if you want to just kind of wind down, "Happy-Go-Lucky" is a fine choice, and aside from a little drinking and an f-word or to it's not very inaproppriate.
Teen, 14 years old Written byeastside01 June 11, 2009

Happy go Lucky makes you feel happy go lucky

Happy Go Lucky was the best british movie of 2008 and Sally Hawkins was a delight as poppy a free-spirited teacher. go out and rent it.
Teen, 17 years old Written byBestPicture1996 October 25, 2013

Happy to watch it!

I feel like I've just created a friendship with "HGL's" Poppy. She's a never-failing optimist who I thought was adorable in the beginning, grated on my nerves a bit in the middle, but I was absolutely rooting for her in the end. Although Poppy has tics, negative people in her life and downright odd encounters in general, she keeps her head up, giggles and lame jokes and all. Leigh has created a genuinely interesting and sometimes heartbreaking character study, with a devastating performance from character actor Eddie Marsan, Poppy's driving teacher/polar opposite. It makes you think how far you would go to achieve happiness.