All teen and kid member reviews for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1

Kid, 11 years old April 22, 2011

GOOD MOVIE

I loved this movie there were only 2 scary things in it and 1 kiss I don't think it should b rated PG 13 but PG
Teen, 14 years old Written bywritergirl8 November 20, 2010

Felt awkward having younger kids in the theater...

I absolutely loved this movie! I'm an ardent Harry Potter fan (Read all the books, write/read fanfiction, watch movies frequently, ect) and so I went to see the midnight showing. I wouldn't drink anything because I didn't want to have to get up and pee, but the movie was so interesting I didn't need a drink to keep me awake! I'm a big time Ron/Hermione lover, so I was especially satisfied with the movie. I wrote a list of brilliant R/Hr moments so that I wouldn't forget them! They were wonderful, little things, little glances, touches, hugs... just awesome. One issue I had was not with the movie, but the audience. People were bringing very young kids to the movie because they'd read the books and thought it was okay. Apparently, the PG-13 warning wasn't enough. The movies are graphic versions of the books, and they DO go all out. It was terrible having the young kids in the theater and thinking, "Oh my god. This kid is seeing this." It took away a bit of the enjoyment, because there was a 7/8/9 year old in my row and I kept glancing at his face, which was not that of a child who should have been seeing the movie. The movie starts out emotional from the get-go, when one of the characters takes away her parents' memories. This may be rough for young children to handle. I'm a teen, and I almost burst into tears at the sight of this character vanishing from all the photos she was in. It might weird out a young kid to see Dan Radcliffe in various states of undress and in a bra in one of the early scenes. Two huge deaths take place within minutes of each other, and one is a biiiiig character that everyone will be upset to see die. The character's limp body is shown falling out of the sky, and then not given one mention after that, which I thought was awful. Someone's ear is cut off, and there's a disgusting amount of blood (my mom had to hide her face). Later, they make a joke of it. Much of Ginny's back is exposed to Harry, and they make out for quite a while. Ginny's brother actually sneaks into the room, grinning, and watches them for a while before saying, "Morning," which had everyone in the audience laughing, but was pretty weird. At the wedding, people are attacked, and teen characters go directly for their romantic opposites. At a cafe, the trio is attacked by adults, and then are forced to take away their memories. There's fighting between friends and loved ones. A woman is suspended in midair with death eaters looking at her, then eaten by a snake. The trio knocks out three adults and impersonates them at the ministry of magic, then stuns an official. Ron's man's wife kisses him, and then he melts back into Ron as she does so, making it very awkward because he's underage and she's in her late 20s or early 30s. Ron's bare chest is shown, and he's bleeding very badly because parts of his arm is missing. A snake pops out of a woman's body, and it jumps out at you surprisingly a few times, which made everyone in the theater gasp in shock. Several times, the trio is betrayed by adults, and adults try to harm these young children. The worst part was when Harry and Hermione make out. They are very, very clearly topless, and you can easily see the curve of Hermione's breast. This is awkward, especially when you know that it's Ron's worst nightmare, and he and Harry are both LOOKING at it. This was not as sexual in the book, so everyone was surprised and a little disgusted. What made it worse was the fact that Ron and Harry didn't talk about it when it was over, unlike in the books. A character is tortured, and you can hear her screams and cries very well, and derogatory word is carved into her skin when it's over. A beloved character is killed by a knife, and his death is long and drawn out. Many people, including myself, were sobbing. But, while this may sound like I'm saying the movie was awful, it really wasn't. Quite the opposite, it was epic. I'm just listing things parents might find as issue.
Kid, 10 years old August 29, 2010

can tell by the preview its gonna be the best.
Kid, 8 years old May 15, 2015

Another amazing Harry Potter movie, but is way more violent than others.

My rating PG-13 for: intense bloody violence, racy talk, including brief language.
Teen, 13 years old Written byILikeReviewingThings March 23, 2015

GREAT! But 13 +

Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows Pt. 1 is a AWESOME! But it is violent, a bit sexual, BUT IT'S GREAT!!! Violence includes lots of killing and torturing. First of all, Ron gets severely injured when he tries to "apparate", Hermione is tortured by the evil Bellarix who carves the word "Mudblood" into her arm (that was probably disturbing but somehow I just love that part). And a character gets hit in the stomach by a knife and dies. And Voldemort's face disgusts everyone doesn't it? The movie gets a bit sexual when Ginny asks Harry to unzip/zip (I don't remember) her dress dress and it shows her bare back. Well this movie is fantastic but it's rated PG 13 for a reason, isn't it?
Kid, 8 years old April 20, 2011

Not really for kids under 12

(Spoiler alert!) I love it! The death of Hedwig was terrible, and Dobby, plus George made a terrible joke when his ear gets blown off. And in one scene Ron is tormented by a Horcrux showing a monster that shapes Harry and Hermione with no clothes on and kissing (it's blurry), but my dad has very low standards for movies and there are only 2 parts in it that are inappropriate.
Kid, 12 years old March 13, 2011

Great, sad, scaryish, inferior to the book, can't wait until Part 2!!

It was really good, but I didn't expect that awkward scene... However, I was also sad when "that key character" died. I cried in the middle of the theater. My least favorite part was when Bellatrix carved "mudblood" into Hermione's arm;I wish that hadn't made the final cut. The book was better...but the movie was great. Compliment me if you can't wait until the next one!!
Kid, 11 years old June 28, 2015

Deathly Hallows is definetely the most mature yet.

A very questionable scene at the start where Voldemort first tortures a women then a snake eats her alive. Also a galore of blood, partial back nudity, longing looks and even a scene where an evil Harry and Hermionie are naked and kissing, but nothing explict is shown. Lots of flashy wizard fights, very scary Death Eater and Voldemort scenes, also some bloody hellls and British slang. Some positive messages about followthrough, forgiveness and loss. For some sexual scenes and violence, it is defenitely more intense then all the previous films.
Kid, 9 years old May 4, 2015

Pretty good

I think it was good and I liked it a lot. There's just 2 really violent parts and 1 kiss (it's not the actual characters) so I think it should be pg and nine and over.
Kid, 10 years old April 24, 2015

Harry Potter - honest review - 10 year old

This movie is one of the most intense I have ever seen. There is one scene in which a child gets an inappropriate word carved into there arm with a knife. Definitely hold off on letting your child see it they are at least 10 (I just saw it recently). Even if they have read the book, the movie is very different and much more violent.
Teen, 13 years old Written byIsaac T March 10, 2015

The best movie yet, but also the bloodiest.

Despite this movie's 5-star quality, the PG-13 rating is definitely accurate. Expect a few violent scenes, along with 3 bloody accidents--George loses an ear, there's a huge, very deep gash in Ron's side, and an insult is carved into Hermione's arm by a knife. You'll also see the death of 3 great characters--well, I won't tell you who, that would spoil it. Besides that the action is great, the tone is great, and the music is great! And, of course, expect the mild language. P.S. Since this is the first half of a book, it ends with a big cliff-hanger--Voldemort retrieves a legendary wand from Dumbledore's grave and shoots an earthshaking beam into the air to test its power.
Teen, 14 years old Written byFayaaz January 4, 2015

Teen, 15 years old Written byally369 December 27, 2014

awesome movie

this movie is perfect for kids 10 and up maybe even 9. there's alot of excitement and nothing worse than one simple kiss
Teen, 13 years old Written byrebo344 December 15, 2014

A great start for the finale.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTom Cruise Fan November 16, 2014

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 movie review

"HP: Deathly Hallows Part 1" didn't wow me in many ways. To me, it didn't feel like a "Harry Potter" movie. It felt like a camping adventure. This was the "Harry Potter" movie I clearly remember seeing in theaters. I didn't hate this movie. I think the pacing and the overall tone was inconsistent. That being said, I do appreciate the cinematography of the film. It was well shot. The acting felt over the top at certain parts of the movie. Emma Watson overacted in this movie. The first two acts of the movie were kind of boring. The final act, I really enjoyed. I always say it doesn't matter how you start; it matters how you finish. I do like to see both the introduction and the conclusion to be good though. This is not the worst HP movie. That title goes to "Chamber of Secrets". I enjoyed many parts of the movie. I'm not going to give this movie an A+ or an A, but I think I would give the movie a B. For the most part, you don't have to go out and see this movie immediately. I do enjoy the movie for what it is. Despite the pacing issues with the movie.
Kid, 12 years old November 5, 2014

Say Goodbye...

This movie definetly got me much more emotinal than the ones before especially when Hermione wipes herself out of her parent's memory. Also several characters, that I know you have grown attached to, die. Snape has taken Dumbledore's place as Headmaster in Hogwarts and Harry, Ron and Hermione are on a quest to find all the Horcruxes to destroy Lord Voldemort! It is a very exciting adventure although it is more sexual.
Teen, 13 years old Written byjohnstewart September 8, 2014

not for kids anymore

second most violent and most intense of all harry potter movies
Teen, 14 years old Written byHorror_Movie_Lover September 5, 2014

Great Movie, can't wait for part 2

Once again another Harry Potter movie, part 1. Gawd, I hate when movies get split up, its stupid, but whatever. Violence, scenes of death and torture. Great family movie, good for 9 year olds.
Kid, 10 years old August 17, 2014

Really good

Intense violence and true darkness throughout the movie. Some bloody and kissing parts.
Kid, 9 years old August 15, 2014

nice but lots of violence. it has ron with his rib or arm cut so much that he's like screaming in agony like "aaaaaahg aaaaaaaaaajk" ya so thats it.