All member reviews for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1

Excellent, epic saga continues to get darker, more intense.

Parent Written byimprove April 4, 2012

This movie is even worse than a typical rendering of a good book.

It never occurs to me that you can consider most books go to the renderer in order to be adapted for the screen. Usually, the process is somewhat disturbing, and if you know the book upon which the movie was based, you'll find a thing or 2 you had hoped to see, but were cut out of the movie. With long books like the Harry Potter novels this is naturally something to be expected. My kids and I have read all of the books more than once, and the main problem we have with this movie (and most of the HP movies after the second one), is that aside from parts of the story being omitted, new content has actually been fabricated. Considering how much material was not used in order to make the movie a reasonable length, we have yet to find anyone who can explain why new content was fabricated at the expense of original plot. I realize this movie has been out forever, and most people have seen it, or at least have seen the trend the movies leading up to this one in the series were taking, but I think you should know you just get snippets of the story, and presented with a lot more doom and gloom than is necessary. I think that you are better off listening to the audiobook of this, as the reader does such a great job that you feel you are actually watching the movie. Except it is better.
Kid, 11 years old April 2, 2012

Great Movie! Tweens, teens and adults will love it.

Look, one thing you must remember is that this is the most significant Harry movie yet. It could upset your children or loved ones, as the movie, especially at the end, is very sad. Violence is the usual Harry Potter violence - Blood and som gore, but injuries are not the subject of the camera. Great role models, Ron and Hermione show that you don't have to be alike to fall in love, and they stand up for what they believe to be right.
Teen, 13 years old Written byFILMCRITIC500 March 25, 2012

plese dont make a second one

this pathetic hunk of junk made me fall asleep into the first 5 seconds of this poorly made, lame film.
Teen, 13 years old Written byorangesoda22 March 23, 2012

Loooooooooooooooooooooove it

It was AWESOME!!! I dont think this movie was too violet at all. If you read the book, you know what's coming, and its not as violent as the book. and its AWESOME :)
Kid, 10 years old March 20, 2012

cool

wiched
Kid, 9 years old March 19, 2012

AMAZING! I love this!!! :)

I LOVE HARRY POTTER! This movie was one of my favorites and it was so wonderful!!! Part 2 was pretty bad, and I can't believe they filmed it along with Part 1, because Part 1 was so great! Part 2 could use so much work, but Part 1 was better then anyone could have imagined! I love Hermione and she was so great! I just wish Ron would go somewhere and never come back, though! Hermione should marry Draco! This was great and you HAVE TO SEE IT!!!!!! Star :)
Adult Written byChuck Reid March 15, 2012

Not the perfect Harry Potter Movie.But still good.

This Harry Potter movie is OK.It is action packed,very colorful,and REALLY funny.The flaws are that the voice acting is trashy and that some characters are stupid.
Teen, 15 years old Written bychargnar February 26, 2012

Amazing

If you combine this part with the second, it makes it even better
Kid, 12 years old February 20, 2012

teen,18 years old

i think its awesome
Teen, 15 years old Written byRobbyboyfye16 February 14, 2012

gfgh

harry potter returns
Kid, 12 years old January 31, 2012

Great, but not for kids.

I am 12 and I saw this In theatres... It was sad, dark the whole time, and not funny. I am a HUGE fan of the books, I have read every 1 of them at least 10 times each. The fake Harry + fake hermoine sceen is sketchy to say the least, and all in all mature Tweens can probably handle it, teens, yes, but seriously, I saw some 6 year olds in the theatre.... Come on people, what part of dark, PG-13 movie don't u understand?
Kid, 11 years old January 28, 2012

AWESOME!

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):
Teen, 14 years old Written byOfficial Critic January 26, 2012

LEARNING

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 Review

It gives us the action sequences early in the film, but slowly becomes a slightly dull camping sequence where not much are happening.
Teen, 14 years old Written byemmybear723 January 6, 2012

The best Harry POtter

Positive Message: That you can do anything if you try your hardest Positive Role Model: Harry, Ron, Hermione, Nevel, Luna, and Ginny are all very good people Too Violent: There is a big fight at the end Fred's ear bleeds A TON! Dobby also gets very badly hurt Sexual Behavior: Harry and Ron break a holcrox and itteases Ron it shows Harry and Hermione waist up naked making-out
Parent Written byRobbyWBoy16 January 3, 2012

Harry potter 7; d.h. p-1

epic movie series is all most at an end ,not excited for the end.
Teen, 13 years old Written byharrypotter13 December 31, 2011

darkness!

Extremely dark. Extremely extremely dark. I know most kids may be able to handle it, but even though some of the scenes in the movie may seem too tame for a not for kids rating, deathly hallows part 1 has a different kind of dark tone to it that makes it unsuitable for kids, even with out extreme violence, or swearing or anything. EXCELLENT movie, and if your 11/12 or up year old feels they can handle it, fine, but this movie, too dark.
Teen, 13 years old Written byXDMorsemordreXD December 29, 2011

Perfect Set-Up!

Perfectly captures the isolation, loneliness, and desperation of the book, as well as the emotion.
Kid, 12 years old December 19, 2011

Great Movie!

There was some inappropriate content between Harry and Hermione, when they were kissing and appeared nude, but other than that, I think it is okay.
Kid, 10 years old December 12, 2011

Great movie

A great movie to watch together with family. Parts get scary. definitely OFF for kids 8 and below PAUSE for kids 9-10 and ON for kids 11 and above. Lots of kisses, hugs and violence but over all a must see
Kid, 11 years old December 10, 2011

oh gosh well this movie was very dark.... i cried because one of my favorite charachters died and there was yelling and it was very creepy i mean i wish it was more light... it was pretty scary so not for kids under 11.