All member reviews for Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

Teen, 14 years old Written byswimgirl April 9, 2008

Good...except for dragons and Voldemort!

This was a pretty good movie. I am not really a Harry Potter fan but I went with my friends. The only part that might be frightening for younger kids are the dragons and under water creatures, and when Voldemort comes... My friend's 7 year old sister came and got scared at this part.
Teen, 13 years old Written by9001 February 19, 2010

Outstanding, but not for young children.

This is a great movie, but a lot of stuff from the book that I would have liked to see in a movie was left out. In terms of inappropriate content, there is some language: d***, bloody h***, p*** off; some violent and frightening scenes; some s*xual content including some images of a topless mermaid who's hair barely covered the breasts, a ghost girl who gets up close to Harry in the bathtub; a mild reference to h***s*xual relationships, and other mild romantic content.
Kid, 12 years old November 20, 2010

not PG-13

okay yeah there's dark magic blah blah blah who cares. This is a good movie nut it shouldnt really be PG-13. If you have seen the third movie, then you could definately see this one. A little bit of fantasy violence, a couple of scary scenes, and brief mild language. The language only includes one use of d-mn and one use of p*ss off, but that's all. Still, pretty good movie.
Kid, 12 years old December 26, 2010

Thrilling fantasy

A wonderful fantasay but with a pinch of sad deaths. Good plot and setting. But really guesome scenes.
Teen, 15 years old Written byteamjacobgirl2.0 August 29, 2010

This is one of the only Harry Potter books\movies that I found pretty instresting. I'm a big Twilight fan and I can't say I've ever loved that Harry Potter series but, this one isn't bad and I don't think it sends a bad message either.
Teen, 14 years old Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

good movie

I completely enjoyed seeing this movie. Though having read the book I was a little dissapointed. Do not take kids under 10! The graveyard scene was very well done, but also bery scary. Language wasn't an issue. Overall, great movie
Teen, 13 years old Written bysuper movie reviewer February 10, 2010

good movie that might be to much for SOME 9 year olds.

i still like this movie but i loved it in 4th-5th grade (9-10) Although in fourth grade near the end when Voldomort and wormtail where torturiing Harry (That scene includes scary images of voldomort who does look creepy, and torture of a 14 year old boy includong cutting into his arm with a knife.) it did scare me a little especially when i was watching it alone. But by the time i was 10 i wasn't so scared of it anymore. So i don't recomend this to any kid 8 and under. I do recomend it to SOME 9 year olds who like a good scare and i recomend to all 10 and ups.
Teen, 13 years old Written byhrh38 April 9, 2008

i love love love love love LOVE this movie

im a huge fan of harry potter & this is by far the best movie of the series
Teen, 16 years old Written bykris.tenn April 9, 2008

I love this movie.

Harry potter is the best
Teen, 15 years old Written byski123 April 9, 2008

The best of all the Harry Potter movies!!

The pg-13 is pretty accurate but i wouldn't take anyone under 11 years old. The only sexual stuff is when a ghost gets near Harry while in a bathtub. There is some violence at the end of the movie: Harry duels lord voldemort after a character is murdered. Also, one of voldemorts helpers cuts his off his arm (offscreen,but you know whats happening).

great

it was a great movie!i want to see it 50 more times! if you seen alkll the other harry potter movies movies you will really enjoy this ! it was a grea movie !~
Kid, 10 years old March 24, 2011

NOT For Younger Fans

Suggested MPAA rating: PG for Mild Language, Brief Scary Images, Comical Action, Suggestive Content, And Some Thematic Elements It's a really good movie! The end of it is dramatic, thrilling, and scary. The music is great, and I'd really like Patrick Doyle do the music for DHPart2 Under 7 CANNOT see this film.
Teen, 14 years old Written bylivvy314 January 4, 2011

wonderful movie!

great movie! this movie also follows the fourth book really well; except that it leaves out the house elves, but other then that its almost spot on. the way the characters are defined and story line plot are spectacular! you will be on the edge of your seat the whole time. definatley not a boring movie. might be a little to scary though for kids 11 and under, but other then that, totally appropriate! the only kissing scenes it has is a sweet 30 second kiss between harry and cho and when hermione kisses harry on top of the head.

the best potter movie yet!

Teen, 13 years old Written bysassyreader305 April 9, 2008

i watched it like 1000000000000000 times

i loved this movie i have watched all the movies and read all the books i like the books better though i am like a crazy reader.this movie is a must see if u have not seen it.
Teen, 17 years old Written byUgli Chic January 4, 2011

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

This is one of the darker Harry Potter movies, as Harry grows up. Maybe it should be named Harry Potter and the Goblet of Torment, since it caused nothing but trouble. It starts out pretty good, as a magical tournament with promise for the main characters, but ends disappointingly. Special effects amazing, as usual. Good development between characters, and good role models- show that loyalty to friends and honesty is better than power. But there is no shortage of dark, intense scenes. Some of the main characters are almost killed, and 1 good guy is killed in a very tragic scene, which includes a cauldron and some bloody witchcraft to bring the main bad guy back, Voldemort. (Course if they didn't bring Voldemort back, there would be no more movies, right?)Constantly throughout the movie, Harry is being followed and manipulated by one of the professors at Hogwarts, who eventually turns out to be a notorious murderer who impersonated and imprisoned the original professor. Flirting between characters wasn't that bad. Some bad language, and some of the dark scenes were so intense I winced and had to skip past them. Definitely not for those under 13. Die-hard Harry Potter fans will watch this one, and keep on going, but I'm gonna take a breather before watching another Harry Potter movie. Thanx for reading!
Kid, 11 years old July 11, 2010

i seen it but there is some bad language that isnt approved to 5 yr old.
Teen, 13 years old Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008
Teen, 13 years old Written byAlwayzCreative14 November 29, 2010

WATCH IT!!! :D

I'm obsessed with Harry Potter and last night I watched this movie for like the fourth time. I really love it and all kids that are old enough will also! The PG-13 rating is definitely correct at the more violent parts, but my brother is 10 and loves it anyway. Really it depends on the kid, but I think even low double digits are okay. THIS MOVIE ROCKS!
Kid, 12 years old August 11, 2010

Short but good movie

Good movie, but it seems too short when you read an actual book. Ginny looks a bit like my cousin because they both have specks on face. ^^ And Ron and twins Weasley are so funny! There is a lot of violence at end but the scenes are 10 times more scary in book than in the movie, thanks to God. Wormtail casts spell Avada Kedavra on Cedric Diggory and then he injures Harry with big knife and he cuts his hand.