All member reviews for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

Terrific but intense mix of love, friendship, fear, sorrow.

Parent of a 8, 12, and 16 year old Written bylauradavis723@m... January 26, 2016

A year of pain for Dumbledore

I'm 8 years old and Half-Blood Prince is violent with zombies and the spell ''Avira Cadaver''. Dumbledore goes through pain. I liked it but it may be difficult for some kids to watch. You may want to be a bit older to watch the end.
Adult Written bybenraleigh January 24, 2016

Too dark

Dumbledoore is killed unarmed and characters are showed suffering. But still the film is awesome for kids around 10.
Teen, 15 years old Written bygraceolin December 30, 2015

mature 9 year olds

this movie (and book) is probably my favorite of the whole franchise. i am older now, but i saw the movie with my dad when i was 9 years old. i remember enjoying the romance and humor. there is one intense scene that didn't startle me personally, but the woman next to me just about jumped out of her skin. a beloved characters death did procure a few tears from me. its a great movie and if your child has seen the order of the phoenix, they can definitely handle this.
Kid, 10 years old December 28, 2015

I love this!

This movie is hilarious! I loved Harry and Ginny's romance! But, be warned, someone dies, and that's not fun. I'm not gonna spoil anything else, so see you next review! (I'm sorry this isn't detailed in the slightest, I'm lazy.)
Teen, 16 years old Written byTV man 13245768 November 5, 2015

A SIXTH MOVIE TO THE MAGIC SERIES

The sixth movie to the Harry Potter series was alright. The action was incredible. Some parts were very intense however most of them were not that bad. There were explosions and fire flames. A fog started terrorizing the magic school. The evil people where the ones who were producing this fog. The fog had a face on it which looked quite creepy. There is one murder in this movie which you usually don't see in the other films. Besides from that there are people who get beat up. One of the kids who go to the magical school gets beat up. You see his bruises and cuts. Dumbledor and Harry must fight a skeleton. The scene becomes very intense. Two people are accidentally poisoned. You also see dead bodies. There are numerous scenes of kissing and flirting. People talk about breaking up and other people talk about getting together which messes up the movie. You see couples making out at a dance party. The language is the usual. Idiot, goddam and bloody are basically the only words they say. People do drink alcohol in plenty of scenes. This will probably be the most scenes of drinking in the series. Overall I would say that children ages 11 and up are able to watch this movie. The action is a little more intense and you do see more kissing and flirting. There are numerous amounts of scenes of drinking drugs and smoking but nothing bad happens. This movie is AMAZING!!
Kid, 8 years old September 19, 2015

intense and dark sequel to the Harry Potter series. okay for older tweens

This movie was very good. This movie is so different from the book it doesn't matter if you have not read the book yet. anyway this movie includes a few bad words and has intense fighting scenes. also Dumbledores death is very cruel and mean.
Teen, 13 years old Written byChickemax September 18, 2015
Good movie. A lot of making out for romance. Mild language, and medium violence. (Spoilers!) the scene in the cave with the "zombies" could be very scary to children. Draco starts working with the Death eaters and in a duel with Harry there is a lot of blood. The saddest death of the Harry potter occurs as Dumbledore is killed by Snape. Extremely dramatic and sad. Strange that it is rated pg
Kid, 12 years old September 14, 2015

Not A Very PG Movie Despite The Rating.

This is one of the most dark movies in the Harry Potter Universe. The Violence gets intense and sometimes bloody. One scene depicts Harry using A Swordlike spell on Draco Malfoy and has him bleed to death but revived by Snape. (Spoiler Warning) Dumbledore also dies at the end of this movie as well. As usual, great role models and messages, as expected from Harry Potter.
Kid, 8 years old July 27, 2015

Depends on how sensitive your kid is.

The movie was ok. I still did love it like the other movies. See, I didn't expect(SPOILER ALERT:) Dumbledore's death to be so upsetting. Also, the movie at some parts, were kind of dark and kind of intense. My MPAA rating for this movie is PG:13. This should not have been PG. I'm eight, and I did not see anything scary. I say kids 12+ and up should watch this, depending on how sensitive your kid is, also younger kids(younger than me) may get scared or upset.
Kid, 8 years old May 15, 2015

Violent intense Harry Potter movie is amazing.

My rating PG-13 for: bloody violence, shocking imagery, including flirting.
Teen, 14 years old Written byTIE41 February 19, 2015

2nd best in the saga

This movie is great for ages 9 and up,the themes in this movie are a bit more mature than previous films, there is NO sex, but there is kissing and tons of "high school" like flirting, stuff that would go over a small kids head, I thought it was more comedic than the rest i've seen. there is one scene where they are in a bar and drink "butterbeer".
Parent of a 10 year old Written byBenT 1 February 14, 2015

Scared my son to death

He was so scared he cried for weeks
Teen, 13 years old Written byrebo344 December 15, 2014
Really decent. I think the relationship between Harry and Ginny is perfect. Intense for a PG rating.
Kid, 12 years old November 5, 2014

More Adventure, More Deaths!

This movie is definetly very intense! It has much more violence, scariness and romance. If you are sensitive I warn you that you might find some images traumatizing: characters are bloodied, attacks by zombie/skeleton creatures, etc. Also this is the movie where characters start dying! I burst into tears when one major character died! Since Harry and friends are getting older there is more romance, but nothing over the top! Harry also has trouble with choosing who to trust.
Teen, 13 years old Written byjohnstewart September 8, 2014

more dark and violent and sad

there is one very emotional death scene
Kid, 8 years old September 6, 2014

Basically HARRY POTTER AND SEVERUS SNAPE (SPOILER)

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince was great, but some intense violence and nudity, and language like "good god" and "dimbo".
Teen, 15 years old Written bygranth June 30, 2014

harry potter VI

the half-blood prince should be PG-13 because its just as dark as the previous 2 chapters if not darker. A main character is poisoned in an intense scene and another major character is dramatically killed by another colleague while another character is accidentally hurt by Harry and the weasly's home is burnt down by death eaters.
Kid, 12 years old February 17, 2014

THE BEST HP MOVIE EVER MADE!

Sad, emotional, frightening, violent... Not happy with the PG rating. Recommended rating: PG-13 for violence, some terror, frightening images and thematic elements Better for teens and up.
Kid, 10 years old January 7, 2014

Great Movie

this is a great movie. best harry potter movie i've senn.
Kid, 10 years old July 25, 2013

The best adaptation of 1-6 but also the most intense

Great movie but not as good as the book.