All member reviews for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

Terrific but intense mix of love, friendship, fear, sorrow.

Educator and Parent of a 6, 7, 10, and 10 year old Written byPatzeheheh May 11, 2013

Boring, repetitive, but stunning picture.

Overall, this movie wasn't that bad, nor was it the best movie ever made, I actually thought the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd ones were fine, until I noticed that they got darkier and more intense. This movie is actually very long, my daughter slept and we had to skip some parts because we didn't want to watch all of it. There is lots of "snogging" and kissing. Use of some alcohol in some places that look like bars. There is a lot of violence and gory characters, One example is Harry fights with very skinny and bony zombies and there is loud explosions. The master does die and a kid throws up in the train because he's drunk. Lots of drunk people, the red head also says "bloody hell" This deserves to be a PG-13. The good side is that they are still positive role models and they didn't replace most actors, there is good screening and it's very well animated. The magic seems so realistic and the emotions are very believable, their accents as well. It's a high-budget, but Harry Potter fans would love it better than I do.
Kid, 11 years old May 8, 2013

Really Boring- Fails to Capture Excitement

The worst of the Harry Potter movies- and that is pretty terrible. I watched this at a friend's sleepover party and I thought it was awful. The movie is boring and simply repeating things word for word. Slughorn looks nothing like himself and even the scene where Harry and Ginny snog for the 1st time is SUPER boring. Unless u hav read the 6th Harry Potter book like I hav, I wouldn't bother.
Kid, 11 years old February 16, 2013

HP and the Half-Blood Prince.

This is a great movie. Of course, there is typical Ron swearing and Hermione calls a girl a "Dimbo". Also some kissing and romance, and jealousy. One upsetting death of a main character that I cried at. A fantastic movie, reccomended for ages 10 and up.
Parent Written byShugocharafan88 January 7, 2013

I heard this from a friend but he said that Hurricane Irene is coming tommorrow... is it true???? SOMEBODY TELL ME I DON'T WANNA DIE

They are the funniest cooking gurus ever! they are from Japan and they teach you how to cook lots of different things. Here's one on how to make bentos (Japanese boxed lunch) Here's one on how to make dangos (sweet dumplings) and here's one on how to make a super yummy looking cake. Hope you like!
Kid, 8 years old December 31, 2012

Awesome Movie!!!!

Fast forward some parts like when Bellatrix shows up. Great movie! One of the best Harry Potter
Kid, 10 years old November 23, 2012

It should be PG13

This is honestly a great movie! But may you know there are some scenes in this movie that are more PG13 than PG. There's is a little minor sexual scene but nothing bad is shown like breast, of privates.
Kid, 9 years old October 30, 2012

GREAT!

This movie is great! there is almost no flaws at all. (Potential Spoiler Alert) It is very scary: Dumblodore's Death,Skeleton like creatures,Bellatrix.
Kid, 9 years old October 28, 2012

love it

good but scary and.violent
Kid, 12 years old October 12, 2012

Great film, for the whole family. Why are others claiming otherwise?

I think everyone elses reviews are completely over-the-top. I have watched this film numerous times without any fear at all. However, it does include a little action with the spells, and in one scene Harry used a spell on Draco causing him to bleed a little, but it isnt disturbing at all really. Alot of people will probably ignore my review "Because im a child". I'm not basing this on my opinion only, but I am basing it on a few households of which I have been acknowledged from. Plus my younger brothers (4, 6, 7) have all watched this and have found it fine. Thanks for taking the time to read my review.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySB-12 September 10, 2012

Harry Potter 6

MEGA great year 6
Teen, 14 years old Written bykangaroogi6 August 18, 2012

Took all the emotion OUT

This movie was a HUGE disappointment for me. I saw the previews and they looked really good, but what the previews did was take all the best parts and collage them together into somethign that LOOKED like it would be a good movie to follow the book. When I heard the movie was rated only PG, I was shocked because I thought based on the book it should be PG-13. But when I saw the movie I realized why. It takes all the emotion, action, and everything that makes the book good out of the movie. For some reason only known to the screenwriters, they added the Weasley's house getting blown up "to add more action". But they would've had more action if they had kept the battle at the end instead of having Harry and Snape just walk through the castle. In addition, the Harry/Ginny relationship is done SO badly, making it seem more like Ginny is the one interested in Harry, when in the book it's the opposite. Most of the scenes are really short and choppy, and some seem like they were added in at random spots where they really didn't belong (like the 2-second clip when Ginny says "Take my hand") So it seems like it could have been a really good movie if they'd chosen to make it that way, but they didn't. It said it was emotional but they took all the emotion OUT of it. Oh, and one more thing--I think they changed the coloring to make the entire movie greenish-blue.
Kid, 12 years old June 27, 2012

Harry Potter Lover

Yes this Harry Potter is one of the darkest yet. You must look into Voldemorts past in the movie and find out why he is so dark. Harry and Dumboldor go on a life threatening mission that keeps you on the edge of your seat and may also scare some kids. This movie is great and suspenseful! ( Also you must see it or hear about the end to understand any of the new movies)
Kid, 9 years old June 24, 2012

HARRY POTTER 6

Third to last HP is great and exciting
Teen, 13 years old Written byI like family guy June 16, 2012

Harry Potter review

Teen, 13 years old Written byMike the LEGO Dude May 5, 2012

Another Enjoyable Harry Potter Movie!

My MPAA Rating: PG-13 for Fantasy Violence and Scary Images
Teen, 13 years old Written byFILMCRITIC500 April 6, 2012

another Potter movie, another time to save your cash

like all the other Potter movies, this film stunk. its got no action, no story, and no good special effects, even if the filmmakers new what "special effects" were. its a boring, dull, fail of a "film"
Teen, 13 years old Written byharry_potter_rocks March 25, 2012

Great movie But not for kids

Overall its a good movie. Some violent parts such as dumbledore cuts his arm. You can't see it well but he does. But yes, Definently for older kids.
Adult Written byChuck Reid March 21, 2012

Awesome HP movie!

This movie is a must see for all Harry Potter fans! Its funny and action packed!
Kid, 9 years old March 19, 2012

Amazing, and put together so well! :)

This was a pretty good movie! I have to admit that it is not the best HP movie, but it is certainly better then Deathly Hallows Part 2, anyway. That was horrible. This movie was certainly more of a relationship movie, but it had the perfect amount of mixture with relationships and action! I love the scene with Hermione and Harry while Hermione is crying especially well. I hate Ron, but I'm fine with him being with Lavender! I never like Dumbledore much, so his death wasn't a big blow. This isn't very scary, and it's so good that scariness doesn't matter! I can easily say that this was amazing! Definitely watch! Star :)
Teen, 15 years old Written bychargnar February 26, 2012

Great moments

There are some great moments, but overall the director made it into a cheesy teen romance