All member reviews for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

Terrific but intense mix of love, friendship, fear, sorrow.

Teen, 16 years old Written byMakeVIew_2,5,9 July 10, 2011

great

good and very nice but could be hard to understand at some parts and sometimes there could be bad direction but its a pretty good movie and mild flirting
Kid, 11 years old July 8, 2011

Surprised It Was Better Than The Book

Still not sure how it got a PG rating, because theres alot of dating and dark sequences. Good for tweens.
Teen, 14 years old Written byelijah.t July 3, 2011

Best one yet

My favorite of the movies. This is the most violent of all the movies to me. Lots of people die and there are zombie like characters which can scare little children. There is also way more sexual content then any of the others, because of the amount of kissing. It is to me fine for any 13 year old maybe even 12 or 11 just depends on your child. Over all my favorite movie in the series but definetly shouldnt be rated PG.
Kid, 10 years old June 27, 2011

Harry Potter And The Half-Blood Prince

This movie is good. PG- For Peril, some Fantasy Violence, and some Scary Moments.
Kid, 10 years old June 4, 2011

ALRIGHT

it shows way too much kissing
Teen, 13 years old Written byJustino4 April 23, 2011

A Bloody Movie

I don't know why they made HP6 PG. It has a scary scene with Draco in the bathroom where he is bleeding all over the floor and is spreading. That one scene could scare the crap out of little kids. It should've been PG-13 just like the last 2.
Kid, 12 years old April 12, 2011

Awesome Movie!! Im a big Potter fan and this was one of my Favorites! Mild Kissing, Mild Violence but all else is Completely Appropriate.
Teen, 14 years old Written byNeil13 April 12, 2011

HP6 REVIEWS

The Half Blood Prince is quite good, not perfect, and nowhere near as good as the book. It's enjoyable for the real fans of the franchise (like me) , but others who aren't that into it may be a little bit bored. It comes up above with "concerns". They're not concerns, they're just parts of the film that I found unneccessary. Like the romance, which they really should have cut some of it out. And above with swearing, it missed out "tosser". That is all.
Kid, 11 years old April 9, 2011

Amazing!, Just watch out! :)

Amazing movie!, I am 11 years and and CRIED when Dubledore died. :( I am a cry baby so should be a problem for your kids!(: lol At the end the skeleton like creatures did freak me out. Your children under 10 might not take it in as well as I did. Lavender Brown and Ron Weasly did do sexual activity... them "snogging" wasnt the most appropriet thing in the theaters either. I sudgest perental guidence for that scene! Otherwise..!, FABULOUS MOVIE!! the language is fine and I can assure you most kids dont have a hell of a clue what "daft dimbo" is supposed 2 mean!! lol the language is fine. Hagrid, and Proffesor Slughorn were yes, deep in their cups but for a short quick period! One of the best and age apropriet movies of all time!!
Teen, 15 years old Written byTheSuperman765 April 9, 2011

i rate this title ON for ages 12+

The good stuff * Messages: Most of the messages are inspiring, since the protagonists are clearly "heroes" who accept help from others to overcome obstacles, learn the importance of being loyal to friends, and embody the idea that those who stand together for "good" can triumph over "evil," even at great cost. * Role models: Professor Dumbledore is an excellent, selfless role model. Harry, Ron, Hermione, and Ginny are flawed teenagers, but that helps make them some of the most relatable characters in children's literature -- as well as admirable, since they're also loyal, brave, self-sacrificing, generous, and empathetic. On the flip side are the Death Eaters and the unreliable, enigmatic character of Severus Snape. Tom Riddle (Voldemort as a boy) is cruel, calculating, and cold -- but it's clear that most characters recognize these troubling qualities. Draco Malfoy, who has been "promoted" to Death Eater, is still shown as conflicted and scared about the task Voldemort assigns him. Professor Slughorn means well, but his head is turned by fame and fortune. Still, in the end, he manages to be brave. What to watch out for * Violence: As in the book, the sixth movie includes the death of a beloved major character. Voldemort himself isn't shown in this installment (young Tom Riddle appears instead). Aside from the one murder (via killing curse), there are several injuries and close calls: a curse severely bloodies a character, a character is bruised and beaten, two characters are accidentally poisoned, a main character is seen having a life-threatening seizure, and Death Eaters set a house on fire and destroy buildings and structures both in the magical realm and in the Muggle world (as well as kidnap a Diagon Alley denizen). Harry and Dumbledore must also fend off the very frightening, skeleton-like creatures during a dangerous mission. * Sex: Lots of flirting and "snogging" (kissing) among the Hogwarts students, both main characters and extras. Several discussions about attraction, romantic relationships, unrequited feelings, love potions, jealousy, and adolescent dating. Several kisses and instances of hand holding and longing gazes. Random couples are shown making out in the halls and at parties. Talk of getting together and/or breaking up threads through the whole movie. * Language: Mild insults/British slang like "daft," "dimbo" (which means dumb bimbo), "idiot," "bloody," and the like. A couple of uses of phrases like "good God." * Consumerism: Not an issue. * Drinking, drugs, & smoking: Harry and his underage pals (the legal drinking age in England is 18) drink butterbeer, mead, and what looks like wine at the Three Broomsticks pub and a couple of dinner parties (it's unclear to those not versed in the books whether butterbeer is actually alcoholic). In one scene, as a celebration, a professor offers alcohol to Ron and Harry; the same professor serves drinks to several teens at a holiday party. Harry also takes a "luck" potion that alters his behavior in a way that seems slightly high, and Ron is thrown for a loop by a powerful love potion. Professor Slughorn and Hagrid get pretty deep into their cups in one scene.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySpielberg00 April 6, 2011

My rating: PG-13 for fantasy action/violence, sensuality, frightening images and some teen drinking.
Kid, 11 years old April 3, 2011

Double Digits only

The only thing is lots of kissing, and potions similar to drugs/alcohol.
Kid, 11 years old April 3, 2011

Love this movie!

Good messages and no name calling at all.
Kid, 9 years old April 2, 2011

good movie

i loved the movie, it was a little vilet but did not scare me
Teen, 13 years old Written byJosieGrl April 1, 2011

Good, but the book is better!

even though it's rated pg13, the only problem is violence, really. I mean, its not like kids are gonna run around using Brittish slang. They do cut a lot out of the book. Movie's good, but you should really read the book.
Kid, 9 years old March 24, 2011

LONG LONG LONG LONG

THIS IS LIKE THE LONGEST ONE I HAVE EVER SEEN. ITS LIKE 100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000hours. 10 minutes.and 200000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000sec.
Teen, 13 years old Written byrobinrunner March 21, 2011

I liked the other HP movies but this was horrible!

Hated this movie. It was really extremely boring. I eventually left the room toward the ending because it was too dull. I have to give credit to the special effects though, as well the actors. I guess you have to be a true Harry Potter fanatic in order to like this.
Kid, 11 years old March 18, 2011

Great for tween and up

LOVE IT! If you read the book there's no problem the violence isn't that bad and there's no drinking and I don't consider daft cursing everyone in my grade loved it but its not great for anyone younger than 8.
Adult Written bysatan March 15, 2011

pretty bad movie so boring
Kid, 12 years old March 13, 2011

Malfoy's bloody, best movie in series, kissing is ok for mature kids.

This is the best movie in the series!!! I love THBP book too!! Yes, there is some mentionings of kissing, but even a mature nine year old can handle it. The only thing you might really want to watch is when Harry curses Malfoy;there's blood everywhere.