All member reviews for Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

Teen, 15 years old Written bymerlinforever May 6, 2011

great movie

this movie is great i own it. but i wouldent reccomend it for kids 12 and under because of the scary images.
Teen, 17 years old Written bywaffles4waffles July 20, 2010

this movie was good but not the greatest during the middle of the movie but it definetly had the best battle of a harry potter movie at the end were it was dumbledore and voldemort battle eachother
Teen, 13 years old Written byelDanRivera August 4, 2010

Very great movie. Final battle scene was truly amazing. IT WILL BLOW YOU AWAY. The great battle you've always been waiting for. this movie is a little more violent and scary than the 4 on but over it was 93/100-best for ages 9+
Teen, 13 years old Written bydrblue91 June 13, 2011

Harry Potter is AWESOME! Parents lay back!

I loved the movie!! I love the 5th book and movie so much! There is so much enpowernment and you feel all "ah-ha I told you so!" when the ministry finds out Voldemort really has returned. I don't understand how parents get soo concerned. I mean one there's not that much bad content (okay a kis, but really its not that bad!). Are your kids gonna run into a dementor while shopping no? Where are your kids gonna get a firewhisky? I mean really people think about it. Worst gets worst, your kids could run away on a broomstick or be picked up by the Knight Bus.
Kid, 11 years old July 8, 2011

Not As Good as the Book, But still an enjoyable film

In my opinion, 4 5 and 6 are for tweens. A nice flick not to be missed
Teen, 14 years old Written byT-Rod January 2, 2011

Harry Potter and the Order of the Pheonix (2007); 138 min., imbd: 7.3

Now, even though this IS more mature and dark in tone, this is still appropriate for 12 year olds. Well, in all honesty, I'm getting tired of reviewing these movies. I mean, It took me about an hour and a half of writing to review 1-4, so I'm just gonna state the facts. pOSITIVE rOLE mODELS: Sticking together and friendship play an important role in this one. Ron, Hermoine and all of Harry's friends won't let Harry face Voldemort alone. So they risk getting in big trouble to have Harry train them with the spells and incantations he's learned over the years. Also, the morals of friendship, love, teamwork, bravery, and more are strong and clear throughout. pOSITIVE rOLE mODELS: Harry and friends stand up against witches and wizards much more powerful and experienced than them. Also, dealing witht the loss of a loved one. vIOLENT vEIL aND sCARY sITUATIONS: The Death Eaters might scare young ones, as well as the havoc they cause; Nargels(did i spell that right?) might be unsettling to younger viewers too; Many people, good and bad, are harmed in the climax, and one dies; One character is dragged away by Centaurs and we never see her again...till the next movie; A giant may scare. nYEH nONSENSE (oR sEXUAL sTUFF): A. LOT of making out and sexual moves between students. Ron and Hermoine's relationship is officially ON now, as well as Harry and Jenny's. oBSCENITIES aND oBSCENE pROFANITIES: Appearances of bloody h*ll, d*mn, git, maybe a sh*t, have become a somewhat common occurance from now on. dRUG dANGERS: Butterbeer is drunken. nEGATIVE rOLE mODELS: I have already mentioned that Harry and others start a secret(and somewhat rebellious) group of Defense Against the Dark Arts. cONCLUSION: Everybody hates this one(both book and movie) due to the massive dark overtones. Fun Fact: This is the largest book in the series! 800+ pages! But, seriously. This is dark, depressing, and too intense for 12 year olds. One of the best, not of the worse. People are crazy. They hate how the dark tone never lets up!! But this is the most true to the book since Prisoner of Azkaban. Good movie. Check it out. We're almost done! One more to go, then to see Deathly Hallows!
Kid, 10 years old August 29, 2010

excellent. best so far in the series.
Kid, 10 years old May 17, 2011

good for kids

I think that it was a good movie its intense in one sence.
Kid, 10 years old August 31, 2010

Great movie, but there is issues. First, awesomeness. Second, violence. There is fantasy vioence, including a guy getting murderd by a curse, and a big fight between the two greatest wizards. Third, scariness. It will freak the crap out of kids when harry is possesed. So you might wanna hold off on this one.
Kid, 11 years old April 3, 2011

Fun!

Good movie! Very awesome when harry fights voldemort at the end.
Teen, 14 years old Written bypurple_panther July 4, 2009

there's no drinking, smoking or drugs in this!!

People on here are so over sensitive ya know?? 100% of parents think there is too much smoking drinking and drugs?? there is none of that stuff!! they just don't like it cuz there's magic in it :( soooo pathetic (not the movie)
Teen, 13 years old Written bySpielberg00 April 6, 2011

#5

My rating: PG [borderline with PG-13] for fantasy action, some violence, scary images and a scene of mild sensuality.
Kid, 8 years old April 3, 2011

perfict for 8 year olds.

love it
Teen, 13 years old Written bySayuri796 September 3, 2010

11+, but content not that well done

People are tortured and a character dies. Also, the content wasn't that good. If u've seen the movie, read the book. It is way better & has more detail.
Teen, 13 years old Written bycoolbrees09 March 23, 2011

only thing is some scary scenes with dementros and voldemort. however, very good movie, but the snake scene some kids might find scary
Kid, 11 years old February 19, 2011

Awesome movie!!!!! Barely any concerns in this movie
Kid, 10 years old June 27, 2011

Harry Potter And The Order Of the Phoneix

This movie is good. PG-13- For Peril, Fantasy Violence, some Scary Moments, and some Torture.
Teen, 15 years old Written bybananalover March 6, 2011

Good but not the best

i luv this movie it is so entertaining!!!!
Teen, 16 years old Written byourblackego July 21, 2009

Commen sense i completely agree with you!!! Accept deserves 5 star!

Riveting is the exact word that fits this movie... The anger that potter has is fun to watch a difeerent path in the movie!!! Beautiful film...And for christians like me, it is fine... It will not affect you in any spiritual way... It is not harmful to you!! Christian parnts let you kids watch this brilliatn spectactle!
Teen, 15 years old Written byethandavid26 April 9, 2008