All member reviews for Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Kid, 10 years old April 28, 2011

Parent of a 8 year old Written bysbg2010 October 21, 2010

Scary for younger kids

As a reader of the Harry Potter books and as a parent, I really enjoyed the movie. However my 8 year old son was really scared by this movie. He is a little sensitive to scary material. I think he could have handled the same material in the book but in the movie it's much more real and graphic. He cited the "possessed" voice of one of the characters and the werewolf transformation. Even though I used the "violent" icon, I really mean it's scary more so than violent. I also think the first two movies were not as scary.
Kid, 9 years old March 24, 2011

bad for just 5 and some under

See this Harry Potter movie. this is the best HP movie yet.My favorite HP movies. 7DEATHLY HALLOWS PART1. WORST 1 EVER.6THE 2nd one bad.5 sorcerers stone good.4 order of the phoenix.3goblet of fire good a lot of girls would like this because the guy from twilight in it.2.THE 1 IS IS IS IS IS IS IS IS IS IS IS IS IS IS IS IS IS IS IS IS Harry potter and the prisoner of the wizard jail.BEST ONE I HAVE SEEN EVER.THAT IS NO.1 111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111THE BEST ONE
Parent of a 7 year old Written byDad42 January 27, 2011

Nightmares for the young audience

Although rated PD here, this is really not suitable for kids under 9/10, much too scary - it frightened my daughter aged 7 and we had to switch off, I had to spend a good deal of time calming her fears. She had loved the first two movies in the series which were not a challenge to her.
Kid, 11 years old February 15, 2011

Totally Awesome movie for 9+

Why I chose these ratings above? Positive messages: 1. Professor Lupin teaches Harry to fight these "dementors" by focusing on happy thoughts Good Role Models:(List) 1.Professor Remus John Lupin Why? Helps Harry conqueor his fears. Forgives Sirius Black for thinking that he (Remus) betrayed Lily and James Potter accepts Sirius' apolgy for thinking that he (Sirius) was the betrayer. 2. Rubeus Hagrid Why? Comments positivly to Harry, Ron and Hermione 3. Albus Dumbledore Why? Helps Hermione and Harry save Sirius Black from a horrible fate not deserved. 4. Hermione Granger Why? Keeps Professor Lupin's secret "disease", lycanthropy a secret. 5. Sirius Black Why? He forgives Remus Lupin for thinking that he (Sirius) was the betrayer and asks Remus Lupin to forgive him for thinking that he (Remus) was the betrayer. 6. Harry Potter Why? He saves his past self from the "Dementor's Kiss". Concerns: Violence: 1.At the end of the movie, Professor Remus Lupin transforms into a werewolf and (unknowingly) trys to bite/injure Harry, and Hermione sevral times. Language: 1 use of b**** and some uses of d***. It was an excellent movie!
Teen, 16 years old Written byannesbanannes May 7, 2011

Kid, 12 years old July 5, 2011

Great movie

But has turned to a more scary film
Teen, 13 years old Written byIgnotus_Peverell May 9, 2011

Masterful!

IT'S ON EMPIRES TOP FILMS OF ALL TIME LIST! ^ Needless to say, this movie is absolutely breath-taking! Alfonso Curaun took J.K Rowling's amazing work and turned it into an amazing, family classic for ALMOST all ages
Kid, 10 years old April 24, 2011

best potter movie

My fav potter movie.when hermoine punched malfoy i went LOL
Kid, 11 years old April 3, 2011

Never stop loving harry potter

I love harry potter, still.
Teen, 17 years old Written byXemnasSuperior March 10, 2011

Kid, 11 years old January 26, 2011

Romance?! Since when! Scariest Harry Potter movie though.

When I say violent,I mean scary.Seriously,I think it is the scariest out of all the movies so far.And romance? Since when! What are you talking about? That's in the 5th movie,not the 3rd!
Kid, 11 years old October 3, 2010

The best movie for the almost-tweens!

This movie is better than SillyBandz! I love it! I started watching it when I was about six and had to many nightmares, so I waited a few years and love it now! I must see for 8-9+!
Parent of a 8 year old Written bySongbird21 October 15, 2009

It's a decent movie. Might be a little too scary for kids under 10. If you're strict about accuracy to the plot then prepare to be disappointed. There is no battle whatsoever between the kids and the death eaters in the prophecy room and many more changes abound.
Teen, 14 years old Written byTIE41 February 26, 2015

Darker than the first two

This movie takes a turn for the best in this movie, the plot is a little more quirkier than the last ones, and little funnier. there is nothing really wrong in this movie except the end may scare small kids, the movie is probably too complex for kids under 9, but this is the best of the Potter saga.
Teen, 17 years old Written byAbc1 January 6, 2015

I thought the really creepy part was when a teacher seems to be possessed. Also when the de mentors and werewolves come out.
Kid, 6 years old January 1, 2015

Harry continues to amaze

I like it because Harry meets Sirius Black and Professor Lupin, and there are dementors in it, and there is a werewolf. You also see the whomping willow again.
Kid, 11 years old December 26, 2014

PG - Mild Violence, Horror, Language

The violence comes from the execution of a creature, a dog that breaks Ron's leg, flying creatures that attack Harry and others, adults threatening to kill each other, and an intense werewolf chase. There are jump scenes and horror involving creatures that suck the happiness out of people, creatures that form into the things the students fear the most, and a frightening werewolf transformation. The language issue is infrequent, but includes about three or four uses of 'bloody hell' which come from Ron, and a 'damn'. The film also includes some infrequent very mild gory scenes.
Teen, 13 years old Written byrebo344 December 14, 2014

One of the best Harry Potter movies of all times. The darkest PG rated film. With more humour than the other two and more interesting, it's a win-win. Gary Oldman was great.
Kid, 12 years old November 3, 2014

Next Level!

This one is definetly more scary and violent than the first and second movies, but it's equally as good!!! I feel that this is the movie where the action and mystery really starts and you meet a lot of new and important characters! Some images may be traumatizing for sensitive audiences, for example the dementors and the werewolf! Although if your love action and adventure then this is your movie!