All member reviews for Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Fantastic, but kids are older, themes are darker.

Kid, 10 years old August 12, 2009

Pretty Creepy, but good.

Probably my third favorite Potter movie. The movie is pretty creepy. The Dementors, Lupin transforming and Azkaban. Check it out.
Adult Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

Awesome

From the beginning of the Harry Potter movies, I have made an effort to take my family to each and every one. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by far is the best of the three out so far. I highly recommend this movie for anyone who would like to have an enjoyable evening with their family.
Adult Written bylizperle April 9, 2008

the best yet

My ten year old son and I had the time of our lives at this movie even if he did reach over and hold my hand a couple of times in the scarier parts. This movie never stops. The camera follows everyone intimately so you have the feeling of "you rae there". Also, much of the movie takes place outside so it has a very different feel than the earlier ones that were safely wrapped in the inner landscape of Hogwarts. I heartily recommend reading the book first and then going together with your family. It's a great night out!
Parent Written bycarrieross April 9, 2008

A must see for adventurous kids!

I didn't like that they made it look like they weren't in Hogwarts and they just wore normal clothes. I liked everything else. It had more scenes outside on the grounds of Hogwarts. The special effects were good especially Buckbeak and Professor Lupin's transformation. The Dementors were scary but not too scary - just right. I didn't really like the new Draco and the way he looked though. They also added new parts that weren't in the book but they fit in well. Overall I would highly recommend this movie!
Teen, 15 years old Written byShinjo April 9, 2008

I thought this was the best of the movies because it had a little more action then the other 2 and I thought it was a lot more exciting than the other 2. I'm 9 and kids my age can definitely see it.
Adult Written byLisa Ann April 9, 2008

The book becomes reality

As a teacher I live to see children picking up books and this is one they all love...the movie brings the characters to life as the first two in the series did. If this autor makes kids read...Halleluiah!
Adult Written bymdacko April 9, 2008

Harry Potter rides again!

Great movie for fans of the Harry Potter series. I would have liked to seen a bit more of the Quidditch storyline presented in the Prisoner of Azkaban book.
Teen, 14 years old Written bythe_kid_reviewer April 9, 2008

Teen, 13 years old Written bybig_sister April 9, 2008

okay.....

i expected better but it wasnt terrible. i think daniel raccliffe is soooo hot!!! he makes it worth seeing!!! 1
Kid, 11 years old April 3, 2011

Never stop loving harry potter

I love harry potter, still.
Kid, 12 years old July 1, 2010

Great Harry Potter movie: 11+

This was actually my favorite of the Harry Potter movies. Harry, Hermione, and Ron are all good role models kids can look up to. Thay are loyal to their friends, and really care for each other. THis movie is also more violent for a PG movie. The dementors are the main problem, because they are scary characters. Sirius Black might frighten young children before you find his true identity. And Lupin might be scary in warewolf form. The movie wouldn't be too bad for children if they have allready read the book, considering the director did a pretty good job staying true to the book. Prisoner of Azkaban is a little more dark than the previous two movies, but still very good.
Kid, 11 years old August 12, 2009

Harry potter

It has one or two violent parts but it good
Teen, 13 years old Written byshanno15 May 24, 2009

My review

This movie was not how you say the best movie of the harry potter series, there is a quite a lot of violence in this movie like the ghostly nightmarish figures called dementors. A hippogriph is executed and is heard not shown, there is some bloody scrapes on the arms, and face, and Ron's leg is heard being broken, the two werewolves fight, and Sirius Black, (the black wolf) is almost killed by the dementors cause they suck out your soul.
Teen, 17 years old Written byChocolate body dude April 9, 2008

The book is better

As much as I enjoyed this film, I don't think any of the Harry Potter films can beat the book...
Kid, 10 years old June 27, 2011

Harry Potter And The Prisoner Of Azkaban

This movie is really good!!! PG- For Peril, Scary Images, some Fantasy Violence,a scene of Creature Violence, and some language.
Teen, 13 years old Written byelDanRivera August 4, 2010

Really great movie but not the best. i have no idea what the common sense has to say about it to me it was the same as the 2nd one a little violent for kids but not too violent. over all i give it a 84/100-best for ages 8+
Kid, 12 years old June 13, 2010

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Good Movies

Sorry about that last review. The only reason I gave it that was because I didn't read the full book, because it bored me at first, but now I feel right at home with it. The movie feels very brisk, especially after rewatching it, and I'm finding myself liking it a lot more now that I've done so AND read the book. Although, you won't really be able to follow the plot if you haven't read the book. I consider this movie to be among the good ones, and I highly recommend that you see it.
Kid, 11 years old May 8, 2010

Good movie, kind of violent

The roll models are good, and the plot is better.
Kid, 12 years old December 19, 2008

2nd BEST !!!!

this was by far the 2nd best! it was pretty good. It mite b scary 4 younger kids. it has some action and some scary moments.
Teen, 16 years old Written bywitchchild17 April 9, 2008

GO HERMIONE!

I think this was a wonderful movie, set when harry and his peers are getting into the darker stages of teenagehood. Conflicted by his promise to Arthur Weasley and rumors about Siruis Black cause him to question what adults are really telling him, what they want him to know or the truth. Hermione hits Draco (OH NO, VIOLENCE!) when his taunts about her "mixed blood" have gotten too much, showing that you should stand up for yourself, but usually don't take the violent way. All in all, a great movie showing the values a teenager should take and to trust themselves before doing anything stupid.