Kid reviews for Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

First Potter movie is a magical ride but also intense.

Teen, 16 years old Written bypancake007 January 5, 2010

One or two concerns, but that doesn't take away from the rest of the movie.

There is one instance (Draco talking to Harry about Neville during the flying lesson) where there is a slight language concern. And with this series, there is and will be violence, because they are in a war. When this movie first came out (I was in the 1st or 2nd grade) the forest scene with Voldemort in the cloak scared me a little, but this is the movie that really started me reading. I would suggest this movie to anyone and everyone who asked.

Kid, 9 years old January 2, 2009

It's Good

It's not as good as the book but it's a great movie!They chose really good people to play the main people! It's not boring at all
Teen, 14 years old Written bySlytherin Queen August 6, 2018

Definitely the least violent HP movie

I am a diehard Harry Potter fan who has watched the movies and read the books millions of times. This is definitely the least violent HP movie. The scene at the end where one of the characters is using another character to survive may be a bit scary for younger kids, but my 5 year old and 7 year old brothers were fine. Overall, the first HP movie is great! There are great role models and recurring themes of bravery, kindness and good conquering over evil.

Teen, 15 years old Written byTom Cruise Fan September 6, 2016

"Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone" movie review

I grew up watching the "Harry Potter" series. I also enjoyed reading the book series. As a young kid, I found the first installment in the franchise enjoyable, but really didn't feel an emotional connection to the characters. I don't think this movie is amazingly terrible by any means. It is a mediocre movie for the most part. I do really like the magical elements of "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone". I also really like Alan Rickman's performance as Severus Snape, one of the all time great characters. I also do believe that the three main leads, Harry, Hermione, and Ron gave good performances. For child performances, they were very good. Daniel Radcliffe is the only person I could imagine playing Harry Potter. He was really good even as a young child. Rupert Grint was a good sidekick addition to the character of Harry Potter. Emma Watson as Hermione Granger, the know-it-all, was also entertaining. That all being said, I have many issues with this film. The Quidditch sequence looks very CGI and not believable. The film also has a hard time balancing story and universe set-up. I understand that this film has to set up this entire magical universe. That's a good idea, but the way this film handles it is very uneven. It forcefeeds the audience information. I also find this movie uneven in tone. The last act of this film is very dark and gloomy, but many aspects of the earlier moments were goofy. If the film, had understood how to straighten out itself, it would've been a much better picture.

Kid, 11 years old August 22, 2016

It's just ok.

Nothing in this movie is really worth remembering. For the most part, nothing is really super good, or super bad. The story was FINE. The characters were FINE. The acting was... pretty bad, but for the most part, you can excuse it because the worst actors are the kids, but their only kids. Nothing is super scary. You need to know that. People say it is scary but it isn't. All in all, if you want to entertain your kid for two and a half hours, I bet they'll like it.
Teen, 16 years old Written bySpencer15 August 6, 2016

Good.

Chris Colombus started off this movie series very good, he tried to fit everything in though and it got kind of messy, but it's still great. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone is for everyone in your family to watch, unless they get scared of monsters or stuff like that.

Teen, 15 years old Written byThe age judge July 30, 2016
Kid, 8 years old April 19, 2013

Great start to the Harry Potter movies!

It follows the book storyline really closely. I loved it!

Kid, 11 years old April 3, 2013

Very Good Movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VIOLENCE- Heavy fantasy action, spells, and some infrequent violence. -A troll smashes bathroom stall doors. Moderate PG material. -A dark, cloaked figure is seen drinking the blood of a unicorn. Moderate PG-13 material. -A man unravels a turban, revealing that he has two faces. He then throws fireballs at Harry. Hight PG material. -Spells are used in lessons. Low-moderate PG material. -A giant dog is seen growling, and breaks loose from a chain. Moderate PG material. -Flashback: Voldemort shown killing Harry's parents with a wand. Low PG-13 material. -Voldemort passes through Harry in a ghost-like form. Low PG-13 material. -A man's face/body is incinerated, no blood, no gore. High PG material/Low PG-13 material. -A giant Wizard's chessboard is used, where the figures are life-sized. Ron is attacked by the stone queen, and falls from his horse. Moderate PG material. -Quidditch practice. Some flying in air, and minor contact. Low PG material. Very Good Movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Teen, 14 years old Written byNovalita March 7, 2013

disapointing

I loved the book and I don't think this movie did it justice at all! Poorly directed, but I did enjoy it...

Teen, 15 years old Written by9steve February 12, 2013

harry potter

good movie not bad i love it i am a big fan of harry potter the movie is good for kids that are 8 and up my kids love all the harry potter.

Teen, 15 years old Written bymovie/gamefan February 8, 2013

POTTER YOU ARE AWSOME !!!!!

The first harry potter (came out in 2001) is a big awesome movie that is the second highest grossing in the series. I like it

Kid, 9 years old February 2, 2013

EPIC!!!!!!!

this movie is EPIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8 plus.

Kid, 8 years old January 26, 2013

cian potter

it is a very good movie for tweens

Teen, 14 years old Written byMichaella M. November 15, 2012

brilliant!

Kid, 12 years old November 5, 2012

Amazing

This is the best movie out of all of them. The first time I saw this movie when I was about eight or nine the first word that popped into my mind was "Wow." The violence is not really that grusome compared to the other movies, but there is a dead unicorn with a figure sucking blood out of it and some scences with magical violence. Otherwise, I am completly astounded by this world J.K. Rowling has created. Magical.

Kid, 9 years old October 28, 2012

Love it!

When I was 4 I watched this movie.Near the end it is sort of scary but not really.It is really cool how they do magic!So I would say if your kid is too sensitive to scary stuff,I recomend they don't watch it till they are a bit older.small amount of violence but still violent

Teen, 17 years old Written byWhiplash (2003) October 28, 2012

Harry Potter and the sorcerer's stone

Violence: (PG) A lot of fighting in the movie. Language: (PG) Bloody hell and a**.

Teen, 13 years old Written byRaghav Srinath October 24, 2012

The best fantasy movie yet

It is a very good movie.Good language of English used.

Kid, 10 years old August 18, 2012

Great, Good, Fantastic, Everything that is Wonderful!

The actors look a lot like the characters and I'm proud of that, nice that it was very close to the book. I thought it was great. My favorite is the sixth book, and to all of you Harry Potter fans I have a message: Stay loyal to Harry, don't turn your back on him when something is new and everyone is telling you to move on. Stay loyal ;)