Kid reviews for Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

First Potter movie is a magical ride but also intense.

Teen, 16 years old Written bysaibhandari August 24, 2013

Books first!

A very good film. It's definitely best to read the books first though!

Teen, 13 years old Written bylord_yenalud August 7, 2013

Greatness at its finest

I am in love with the harry potter series. Only a litte bit of violence. It has changed my entire perspective on things. DEFINATELY get your kids into this. Have them read the books first.

Teen, 14 years old Written byBruno1 August 2, 2013
Teen, 13 years old Written byBlueHorse July 24, 2013

Fun Movie

I don't think it has much of an educational value, glitchy button. The kids are very brave and protect each other. I love all of these films.

Educational Value
Kid, 6 years old July 18, 2013

An Umer Made

sucked

Teen, 15 years old Written byHaileyMarie July 14, 2013

A Magical Movie!

The first in the long 'Harry Potter' series is a fantastic movie with great actors! Not a lot of educational value, but if you want that, read the books. Plenty of good role models and messages, though. The main one being that you may be more special than you thought and don't let bad, hateful people get you down. Violence isn't really an issue as much as scariness might be. Some kids may find Voldemort a little scary as well as the three headed dog. No sex at all. A tiny little bit language. Ron says "Bloody hell" a few times and Draco Malfoy says the A word. No drinking, smoking, or drugs. I think they drink butterbeer possibly. Overall this movie is excellent! The special effects are really cool. A good family movie!

Teen, 17 years old Written bymoviewannabe July 6, 2013

Books characters on television. Wicked.

This movie was completely fictional and mystical when I saw this when I was five. There WERE scary moments, but I wasn't startled by them. I remember hearing "bloody hell", "d*mn" and "a*s" used once. I laughed when I saw Hermione set fire to Snape's clothes during the Quittich game.

Kid, 9 years old July 5, 2013

great movie

harry potter one is a really good movie. it’s good because it’s exciting. it has violence in it at the end though. i reccomended it for 6+ because my sibling is six and she’s really brave,but if your kids are 6- and sensitive to that,then they should wait.

Educational Value
Teen, 13 years old Written byNarwhalLover13 June 16, 2013

Magical

One of my favorite movie/book series besides Narnia. I love all the magic and adventure!

Teen, 14 years old Written byploopy45 May 31, 2013

smart,entertaining, but intense

This is a very good start to the Harry potter series, I love the books. Can be a little scary though.

Kid, 11 years old May 15, 2013

9 and up; scary if you're small.

My sister was fine; near-perfect family viewing. * UPDATE: You can see a dead unicorn with silver blood pooling from it's neck in one scene. * The anticipated movie about Harry Potter's first adventures; when he's informed he's a wizard, he's sent to Hogwarts, with the potential to do magic. Be informed that he gets into dangerous situations like going through tentacles, playing a scary game of chess, going past a three-head dog, etc. Language includes 'd--n', 'bl--dy', 'h--l', and, 'b-g-er', with other British slang. Sex, nudity, drugs and themes are not an issue, except scary supernatural themes (ghosts, severed heads, moving pictures, etc.). Thankyou for reading.