Kid reviews for Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

First Potter movie is a magical ride but also intense.

Kid, 8 years old January 22, 2012

A great review

A good movie barely any violence I think it is a great movie 4 kids.

Educational Value
Teen, 14 years old Written byLily Renee December 31, 2011

Harry Potter is the best movie!

I think this movie was really great it was action packed and still enabled kids to learn lessons from. I don't think there was anything wrong with the movie that kids shouldn't watch. Personally i watched this movies at the age of 4 and been watching it since. I have taken my little sibbling and cousins with me and they loved the movies. There is a little violence and sometimes there is langage and the characters looks can maybe scare a kid. Though explain to the kids about the movie or do what i do show them behind the scenes to show them thats its fake. I think it's a great movie to watch with the family or during a party or with friends. The movie should be welcomed to all ages though i think five and over might be more suitable so that the kids understand a bit more than what they would if they where younger.

Teen, 15 years old Written byhomealonefan123 December 28, 2011

great family-fantasy film

hey Common Sense Media did you know that this movie was made in 2001 not 2002. "Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets" was made in 2002. but great family-fantasy film
Kid, 12 years old December 20, 2011

has commonsense WATCHED the movie?!

the only language would be when ron says "bloody hell"

Kid, 8 years old November 24, 2011

Harry Potter 1

It was a fun family friendly adventure that i really enjoyed.

Kid, 10 years old November 15, 2011

harry potter harry potter

when so and so melts is scary but other than that its fine parents try to think if your kid can handle it

Teen, 15 years old Written bydemon girl November 9, 2011

best book ever and movie

the harry potter movies is good it is about witches and wizards harry makes friends his most best friends that have always been there for him are ron and hermanie

Educational Value
Teen, 13 years old Written bybonesfan101 September 25, 2011
Kid, 11 years old September 18, 2011

Harry Potter is Awesome!

I watched this movie when I was 3 and I was obsessed with it! Unless your child is very sensitive she or he will love it.

Kid, 11 years old September 4, 2011

Perfect

The perfect way to start the perfect saga! Only kind of scary part the might thing younger kids out is Harry's parents death scene.
Teen, 14 years old Written byalessandralovesbooks September 1, 2011

Great movie!

We all enjoy the Harry Potter movies... When we can't decide on something, we watch Harry Potter! It's a great movie that certainly has great messages, and positive role models. The violence is minimal. The scariest parts for younger kids are the death of Professor Quirrell (who is a bad guy, an eight year old i watched this with cheered) and the part when Nearly Headless Nick shows his bloody neck (very briefly). It's a great family movie.

Kid, 12 years old August 30, 2011

The most kid-friendly of them all. As Good as the Book

[On] for kids 8+ (Good Role-Models, Positive Messages) [Pause] for kids 7 to 6 (There is languige, but flys over any kid's head who don't understand Europian Accents) [Off] for kids 5- (Violence period is a No for kids 5 and under)

Kid, 11 years old August 12, 2011

Good Movie, Mild Violence and Good Role Models

Common Sense Media said that there is "a dead and bloody unicorn". Yes, the unicorn is covered in blood, BUT, the blood is silver and doesn't look like human blood. At the end of the movie, Harry has some cuts he got from the flying keys but nothing too bad. Also, Harry, Ron, and Hermione are positive role models because they risk their lives to save The Sorcerer's/Philosopher's Stone.

Kid, 11 years old July 21, 2011

Classic!

This is my favorite Harry movie! The rest of the movies are awesome (I can't believe the Harry Potter saga is ending! I Can't wait to see the last one!) but the first is always gonna be a classic! There are a few parts that could be a little intense for kids but that deppends on who your kid is. Love it!!!
Kid, 12 years old July 18, 2011

Great movie

It was a great movie, and was a great start to all the harry potter movies. It is defiantly fine for kids 6 and up.
Kid, 11 years old July 17, 2011

The best!

Amazing movie! A Magical, life-changing, adventure. Perfect for kids 6 & up. Not scary at all but some kids younger than 5 or 6 should not watch one of the final scenes.
Teen, 15 years old Written bypalmer198 July 17, 2011

The start of something special

I first saw this movie when I was 5 and I thought it was awesome the only part that scared me was when Harry opens the book and it starts screamin. I grew up on the Harry potter movies and recomend to all
Teen, 13 years old Written bymrbookworm01 July 9, 2011

Great Movie!

This movie is great and is probably the best movie in the Harry Potter series!

Teen, 13 years old Written byfunnyjst July 9, 2011

THE BEST!!!

If you are looking for an adventure filled and action packed movie this is the one. The characters try to save their school, because they care and that shows them being great role models. This movie isn't for small chilldren, not because it's bad, just because they won't understand whats really going on. I really don't want to spoil anything at all, but I do recommend the books a lot more. Just give it a shot and you will love it!!

Kid, 11 years old July 8, 2011

Still Remains as one of the Best HP Films

The original is good for everyone! Not as dark as the later ones, but still enjoyable for the whole family!