Kid reviews for Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

First Potter movie is a magical ride but also intense.

Kid, 8 years old July 6, 2011

Off for 2-5 iffy for 6-7 and ok for 8+

Positive messages: Messages about love and friendship. Role models: Harry Ron and Hermione are very good role models. Violence: Students are in peril. There is a dead unicorn in one scene. Harry Ron and Hermione get chased by a three headed dog. They knock a troll unconscious. Ron gets hurt very badly. Flashback to harry's parents death. Two characters die Nicolas Flamel and Quirrel. The fight between Harry and voldemort is intense. Language: One use of bloody hell. Consumerism: The candy mentioned is now real including chocolate frogs.

Kid, 12 years old July 5, 2011

I LOVED IT WHEN I WAS LITTLE

Great movie for the family
Teen, 16 years old Written byJeusus-Christ man37 July 5, 2011

A good kid's movie but may have some scary scenes.

Harry potter is one of the best films ever made, the whole movie series actually. I watched it when I was 6 and I was a little scared but now I love it, Harry potter is more of a movie for kids 7 and up. Not that scary to me now. It's always a great idea to start from the 1st harry potter all the way to Harry potter and the deathly hollows. Harry potter will always be the best!!!!

Teen, 16 years old Written byChronoTrigger July 3, 2011

Nooo....

When I saw the Harry Potter movies as a kid, I started trying to talk to ghosts and use magic and all. It got me into a lot of trouble. Don't let your kids watch this, it actually could make them try that stuff.
Kid, 11 years old June 28, 2011

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone 101

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone is the best Harry Potter for children! It may be violent at parts, but offers many positive messages. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone is one of the all-time favorite movies!

Kid, 10 years old June 23, 2011

Harry Potter And The Sorcerer`s Stone

This movie is good. PG- For Peril.

Teen, 13 years old Written byMovieGuy23 June 16, 2011

A good start for the Potter series

The Sorcerer's Stone is the beginning of the Potter movie phoenomenon. A fun, magical ride most of the way through, but a bit long and special effects happy. Though it is enjoyable for most kids and adults as well. Note to parents: The movie contains a pretty scary scene toward the end, plus there is a menacing feel at times that might scare young kids. Appropriate for 8 and up.

Teen, 13 years old Written bycoolbrees09 March 23, 2011
great beginning to the series. the dog can be scary, but other than that, GREAT movie. i want to be a wizard!

Kid, 9 years old March 15, 2011

treat

Draco says the a cuss word.Harry is growing up with the Durlsey.Harry receives a letter saying dear Mr. potter you are enrolled to Hogwarts then Vernon gets Harry.

Kid, 7 years old February 26, 2011

perfect for 8-adult

its a neat movie but i like the books better

Kid, 8 years old January 21, 2011

harry potter

not to volont 23% volint. i started watching harry potter at 3. you can tell ron and hermoney are goeing to have a relacionship togeter

Teen, 15 years old Written byarthur16morgana January 14, 2011

not scary

i saw this when i was 5 and i was fine. its not scary. i love the harry potter series

Teen, 14 years old Written byT-Rod January 2, 2011

Takes risks that are well paid off

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (2001); 152 min., imdb rating: 7.2. For the first in the series, takes a great risks at having a runtime of 2 and a half hours. Seeing as people didn't know what to expect, they might not want to waste an hour and a half with a movie that might or might not suck. But, this movie took that risk and it was good they did. I can't imagine them fitting the whole first book into an hour and a half movie. It would suck! *Percy Jackson, the Lightening Thief* *ahem!*. eDUCATIONAL eNLIGHTENMENTS: The Harry Potter series was a big hit even before the movies...but the movies helped out a bit. Kids may like reading the books if they saw the movie and enjoyed it. pOSITIVE rOLE mODELS: Harry, Ron Weasley, and Hermoine Granger all risk their lives (on multiple occasions) for each other and for the greater good. Ron also learns that it's not nice to pick on people just because they're smart(even if they CAN be a bit of a know-it-all), because, they might be a lot cooler than you thought, and he and Harry are rewarded for being nice to her by finding out that without her smarts and know-it-all, they would be dead VERY early on in the movie. vIOLENT vEIL aND sCARY sITUATIIONS: Harry and company encounter many a life-threatening situation and many a scary obstacle and/or creature. Including: A full grown, 10 foot or so, cave troll; A nasty, humongous three-headed dog, humorously named "Fluffy"; A grim reaper-esque, hooded shadow creature drinking Unicorn blood; Giant chess pieces trying to kill them; A two-faced man(one in front and one in back); A cute dragon that never gets violent. Also, children under 8 may- may!- WILL get the heebie jeebies from seeing the hooded figure drink the (silver) blood of a dead Unicorn and slowly hover towards Harry in a, slow but normal, dreamlike pace. nYEH nONSENSE (oR sEXUAL sTUFF): Some romantic tension between Ron and Hermoine can be found...kind of. Also, Ron and Harry go into the girls' bathroom to save Hermoine from a possible imminent demise(there are no girls in there other than Hermoine, who is fully clothed). oBSCENITIES aND oBSCENE pROFANITIES: 1 use of d*mn, h*ll, and *ss. dRUG dANGERS: Hagrid drinks sometimes. We see some characters smoking pipes. nEGATIVE rOLE mODELS: Harry, Hermoine, and Ron are easy(if not HAPPY) to immediately put the blame on Snape(a teacher whom none out of Slytherine is very fond of) for trying to steal the Sorcerers' Stone and bring He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named back. They also break many, many, MANY rules to save the day and get their proof. They sneak out after curfew, read restricted books from the library, lying to the faculty and students, and-to be quite frank- just being delinquents. And RARELY do they get a suitable punishment. cONCLUSION: With amazing special effects, surprisingly strong performances by such a young cast, and a magical story and twists, Harry Potter and the Sorcerers' Stone is a magnificent movie that will take you into a whole other world, and because of this, I'm especially grateful it's 2 and a half hours! Check out my other reviews of the series (including an upcoming one of Deathly Hallows part 1), Don't forget to check out my other reviews, please feel free to leave a compliment if you found this helpful, till CHAMBER, I'm T-Rod, and I'll catch you later!

Kid, 11 years old December 17, 2010

AWSOME MOVIE!

It is the best magical movie series EVER!

Kid, 11 years old October 24, 2010

Fine for young kids but the book is better

this is too dull. it hardly has any action like Order of the Pheonix or Goblet of fire does
Kid, 10 years old October 6, 2010

young kids can see

it's more boring than the other ones because it's much less voilent and it gets boring a parts. if you haven't read the books and watch it than you have know idea what it is. when i was 7 i thought it was this weird academic point ceremony or something. Now i read the books so i know it. it isn't really voilent at the end.

Teen, 13 years old Written byA.M. September 18, 2010

great family film, slightly boring.

good but the weaker hp movie. i respect that they tried to stay true to the book, but the literally did it word-for-word. it lacks the heart and friendship between the trio that the other films contain. my parent love this movie, so do i, but my favorite harry potter movie is the prisoner of azkaban. great family film, slightly boring.
Kid, 10 years old August 29, 2010
Teen, 13 years old Written byAmericangirlforever August 23, 2010

Great Movie The funnist of the series.

This is a great film but the ogre scene is gross. Its very funny and cheery of course since its the first in a series of seven that get darker as they go along it is the happy cheery one. It might be kinda scary for the little ones though because of the chess board scene and the fighting scene but overall 5 out of 5 stars.

Teen, 13 years old Written byelDanRivera August 22, 2010
Great movie it my favorite series good for kids action stunts are cool its not my fav buttttttt! it still a good movie. over all i give it a 81/100 best for ages 7.