Kid reviews for Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

First Potter movie is a magical ride but also intense.

Teen, 14 years old Written byMiranda B. August 17, 2010

Magical!!

I have watched all of these movies with my sister (10) and we both love them all. Being the first one made it obviously doesn't have the best special effects and isn't that scary. There isn't any swearing except for one use of language by Malfoy when he is referring to Neville's rear. Harry is treated poorly by his Aunt, Uncle, and cousin; being forced to sleep in a cupboard under the stairs; he meets great friends (Ron and Hermione) who stick with him through all of his adventures.

Teen, 17 years old Written bywaffles4waffles July 20, 2010
Pretty good movie but not the best out of the six at the end it had some scary parts for younger kids ron had said some things every now and then but it was a good movie

Kid, 9 years old July 15, 2010

Better Than The Book

It's actually kind of better than the book. Though, at the end, the scene with Voldemort may be a little to scary for younger kids.
Kid, 9 years old July 1, 2010

Amazing movie.

I love this movie,it felt the best to me,the rest is way to serious.

Kid, 12 years old June 13, 2010

Harry Potter and his First Triumph

This was the best out of the bunch (obviously) because it followed right along with the book. It is exactly alike and its great how the producers interpreted the whole thing. Definitely see this movie!

Kid, 10 years old March 28, 2010

fine for kids

there is language in a few parts.the language is...bloody h---!said by ron. harry and his friends are good role models

Kid, 7 years old March 9, 2010

Harry Potter and the philosopher's stone

it's BRILIANT! FANTASTIC! and THRULD!.
Kid, 12 years old January 28, 2010

Good for 9 and up only because of some violence and scary scenes.

This is the BEST MOVIE EVER, but there is some bad stuff. First, there's a fair amount of swearing, and then there's the violence: players are roughed around on the Quidditch field, a unicorn has blood sucked from its neck, and Quirrel turns into stone and breaks into pieces. Also, some parents might object to the witchcraft content. There's also some very scary and intensely dark scenes. Otherwise, it's a good movie.

Kid, 12 years old January 8, 2010

perfect 4 every1

i am a giant potter fan and if u havnt read the books...... well, thats just sad. these r the greatest books of the last centry or however long people hav been on the earth. barly violent and would reccomend 2 anyone but the other movies might be kinda bad 4 the real young kids. but u should soo read it!

Kid, 12 years old December 12, 2009

great film

The film based on the book is very good. Although i do think it is a bit much for 7 year old.

Kid, 12 years old October 29, 2009

Harry Potter beginers

this movie of Harry Potter wasnt my favorite my favorites are 4, and 6. But still if your child is 8 years old and they havent scene any harry otter movies but would like to this is the perfect place to start! This movie was especially made for Harry Potter beiners! with less vilonce, romance and all the stuff u might be worried abouut your younger ones seeing.

Kid, 12 years old October 15, 2009

A GREAT MOVIE!

this a great movie!!!!!! there is some peril that will be to scary for young kids.

Kid, 11 years old August 22, 2009

Great

It was a great movie and a little violent. It isn't educational unless you're a wizard. I would'nt say it had good role models because the kids are constantly breaking roles and getting in trouble. Morale: Never trust people wearing turbans!

Kid, 11 years old July 31, 2009

AN AWESOME MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I loved this Movie!! Just like the book, it was a little boring, but it it awesome!! The only scary scene (For some kids 7 and under.) was when Harry was confronted by Quirrel/Voldemort. Flying keys are NOT scary!! The unicorn scene was not very violent either. I would recomend this movie to kids 7+.
Teen, 16 years old Written byourblackego July 21, 2009

This true kid classic is just as fun for the adults!

Brilliant.... incredible... having never seen these movie before i was blown away when i watched all 6 in 6 days in a row... Some incredble movies... But has some iffy stuff that would giv kids night mare so best for 10+

Kid, 11 years old July 13, 2009
I love this movie. I love all of the Harry Potter movies! They are such a family favorite, with a great story. I watched it for my first time when I was three.

Kid, 12 years old July 2, 2009

Kid, 11 years old June 28, 2009

perfect for kids who love fantasy

very great movie!

Educational Value
Kid, 11 years old June 5, 2009

Good Movie

Ah, the first Harry Potter movie. Its also my favorite. Me and my 8 year old brother watch it all the time, the only bad part is at the end where the man takes off his turban. That scares my brother.
Teen, 13 years old Written byali12 April 29, 2009
Can be fearful to young children