Kid reviews for Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

First Potter movie is a magical ride but also intense.

Teen, 14 years old Written byelijahwood93 April 9, 2008

this is one of my favorite movie series!!!!!!

you should def watch this movie! it is not the best movie for christains but if your strong in your faith i would def suggest watching it.now i must note that it in no way insults christianity or any other religion.its biggest thng I think is it shows what true friends are, true perserverence,bravery. And a great battle of good verses evil. it shows that the right path might not always be the easiest Harry takes it anyway. and it shows that good triumphs over all.theres VERY little language, it does have some frightening images but i didn't find them too scary.I watched the first movie when I was 9 or 10 and i found some scenes a bit scary. I love the whole series the content in it never really changes throughout the movies theres very little language and some frightening images, it get alittle more intense as it goes on,but not too much. in the 5th movie theres a kissing scene but it isn't bad at all. they def did the books justice. I would def recommend to watch the whole series.
Teen, 14 years old Written bypatthetrick April 9, 2008
i think this movie was great, i think its one of the best movies ever made
Teen, 14 years old Written bykatara2394 April 9, 2008
Teen, 14 years old Written bythecatempire April 9, 2008

love the books and the movies (except #2) were wonderful

I thought that the characters were brilliantly cast, throughout the entire series, particularly, Fred and George Weasley (James and Oliver Phelps) and Bellatrix Lestrange (Helena Bonham-Carter) in The Order of the Pheonix. (Its always a challenge to play the bad guys) I am glad that they didn't stray too far away from the books.
Teen, 17 years old Written bypitpens9091 April 9, 2008
Teen, 13 years old Written byCAPECORAL1995 April 9, 2008
Teen, 13 years old Written byLord Voldemort April 9, 2008

Faithful...however...

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone is a very faithful adaption to JK Rowling's book. Apart from this, Chris Columbus tests his skills at directing in what could have been, with the perfect amount of care, a four star movie recieving Oscar nods. Columbus's rather novice directing skills and less-than-stellar crew make this a "ehh, whatever" sort of movie for fans of the book. As I stated earlier, while the movie was pretty faithful to the book, the cinemetography and character development was rather poor. On a more positive side, the character CHOICE was excellent (even if the kids aren't the greatest actors they sure do look like the characters!, and SUPERB veteran cast), and it introduced millions more to the Harry Potter fad.
Teen, 14 years old Written byumbralunala January 13, 2018

Great Great

Better than stupid Twilight. Because HP is more interesting and cool and while Bella whines and does nothing useful, Hermione actually knows spells and is a good role model. HP > Twilight good movie

Kid, 11 years old May 20, 2012

Awesome start to Harry Potter

I first watched this movie when I was probably 8, and had no problem with it. I don't get scared easily, but even kids who do will enjoy this. It's a good mix of humor and adventure, and an awesome start to the series of Harry Potter.

Teen, 14 years old Written byJKB97 January 2, 2012

Introduce your kids to the world-wide, magical phenomenon that is HARRY POTTER!

Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (yes, Americans - I'm british like J.K Rowling: it's not Sorceror's) is the first film and book of the legendary Harry Potter saga starring Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint and Emma Watson. All children in my opinion, should be introduced to the series either in books or/and films from a fairly young age. In my opinion, the more they understand it, the more they can appreciate the plots and storylines and characters throughout the series. 7 years of age is perfect for children who can be introduced to the magical, world-wide phenomenon that is Harry Potter. I recommend reading the book first which can be read by parents or the child - it's around 200 pages and the shortest of the book series. For families who are anxious about introducing their kids to Harry Potter, don't worry. The film is a little scary for younger viewers but if it is watched with the parents, then I can assure you that they will enjoy the scares. The scariest aspect of the film is when Professor Quirrell unveils his turban to show the face of Lord Voldemort on the other side of his head and the three-headed dog, Fluffy. There are a couple of uses of mild language but only the words "bloody" which young children can probably deal with.

Kid, 10 years old July 18, 2011

great but creppy if ur kid gites scared esaly dont wach

Kid, 9 years old December 12, 2010

Fantastic!

This movie rocks! It's just like the book! They say some bad language that's not in the book...But great non the less. It's great they're so young. Voldemort looks a little odd, so it could be sort of scary. Also, it could gross people out. With the troll snot...

This is a great kids movie!

Well, I do think common sense left some stuff out. As for sex, there is none. There is a bit of violence, especially during the ending. The language is infrequent, but present. Malfoy calls Neville a "fat-ass." Oliver Wood uses the word "damn." The most minor is when Ron says "bloody hell." On the train, Ron and Harry eat imaginary brands of candy. There is also a reference to Hagrid being drunk. Over all, this is a great movie. I give this a 9+ rating. There may be moments that could scare small children, like the giant mountain troll, Lord Voldemort's face appearing on the back of Professor Quirrell's head, and when Ron has to sacrifice himself in the wizard's chess match. You and your family will love this movie!
Teen, 16 years old Written byhermionegranger00 March 22, 2017

amazing

my little sister who is 2 sat and watched this film she didn't even find any part scary she loved it and wanted to watch it again

Teen, 15 years old Written byGamezrox33 January 10, 2017

Brilliant!

Harry Potter and the Sorcerers Stone is a must read for any age that can read it! It's a perfect introduction to the wondrous and vast franchase that even hints at things later on in the plot as a whole which just goes to show how brilliant both this novel and the author really are.

Kid, 10 years old November 21, 2016

Really good movie but some violent scenes.

This movie is great and is based on J.K. Rowling's great book series, Harry Potter. There are some scary scenes like when it shows A creature with a black hood pulled over his face sucking the blood of a dead unicorn. Malfoy is a mean bully in Harry Potter. There is also a giant troll that completely destroys the girl's bathroom and Herminie, a character in Harry Potter, is almost killed by the troll. It shows Professor Snape have a bloody knee and that might concern younger kids but the movie is still really good!