All member reviews for Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

Kid, 11 years old March 20, 2011

A LIIITLE Scary but awesome

It is such a wonderful, enchanting and magical film- but I do find the man with two faces very scary. Although I haven't looked up at that part for 1 year, I still think it is too scary for me! Don't get me wrong though, it's an awesome film! The best of the series I think!
Kid, 12 years old April 11, 2011

Good movie to start the Harry Potter series.

Very good movie with good introduction of Harry, his friends, and all the wizards and witches at Hogwarts. Wonderful account of Harry's adventure with the Philosopher's stone.
Kid, 12 years old August 10, 2010

Great movie

I first saw this movie when I was about 4 or 5. It was cool, and the best thing in the movie were (and still are) the chocolate frogs and candies. Firsty I didn't knew who were Harry Potter, Ron Weasley or Hermiona Granger, but later I found out. But I remembered a brave boy with scar, a silly red-haired boy and very clever girl. Though that, the book that screams was a bit frightening for me when I was 4 or 5.
Teen, 13 years old Written byJustino4 April 23, 2011

A Perilous Adventure

This movie isn't really vulgar enough to PG-13, but is bloody close to. It has kids cussing, perilous violence and just jerks all over the place. (Snape and Draco.)
Kid, 12 years old July 15, 2011

Great...Great...Great:)

Great Movie! This one and the Last one is Defiantly my Favorites! This Shows where it all started and very little violence.. No Cursing.. and NO Sexy Stuff(: This Movie is Great for All Ages and I Recommend it so Anyone!
Teen, 14 years old Written byBookworm_96 April 30, 2011

Love them all!!!

I think that this movie was so well done and is one of the best movies based after a book. It followed the story line almost perfectly and carried on throughout the series. I recommend it to everyone who hasn't seen it already!
Teen, 13 years old Written byAlbus Severus July 14, 2011

Great movie with scary parts for younger viewers.

Children under the age of 8 might find Voldemort scary and sensitive 8-10 year olds as well. This movie focus on bravery, love and friendship. There are some sad scenes with Harry dealing with the lose of this parents but mostly this is a fun film. This is one of my favorite movies from the series.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySpielberg00 April 6, 2011

A solid but unfaithful start to the saga.

My rating: PG for some fantasy action and scary images. Positive Messages: 3/5 - Says to stay true to your friends, but has trouble making that clear, at times. Positive Role Models: 2/5 - Some, but no definitively positive ones. Violence: 2.5/5 - Some potential scariness, including a flashback to the murder of Harry's parents. The violence, however, is limited to a bloodless and slightly comical troll attack, and wizards playing "Quidditch" roughly. Sex: 0/5 - None. Language: 1/5 - Mild British slang, i.e. "bloody hell" and "peabrain". Consumerism: 5/5 - It is, after all, the highest-grossing franchise. Drugs & Drinking: 1/5 - A pub is shown, but nobody is shown actually drinking.
Teen, 16 years old Written byspudsandbeans42 April 9, 2008

Overall - Mild content

Violence: Mild - There is a scene of a dead unicorn being consumed by a hooded figure (the figure's mouth is revealed to be dripping with silver blood) but nothing is glorified and the sequence takes place in the shadows where not much is seen. There is also a brief confrontation where a wand is forcefully stuck up a magical creature's nose in order to disarm it and a further confrontation with violent chess pieces. All scenes are handled with a mild intensity. Sex/Nudity: None. Horror - Mild - Themes of death are handled briefly in flashback and in a scene where a hooded figure appears to be slowly consuming a unicorn (this is, however, brief and within the context of fantasy). Characters are menaced/attacked by a variety of supernatural creatures. Language: Very mild - Terms like 'bloody hell' and 'damn' are used infrequently. Drugs/Alcohol: None. Overall: Mild themes. There are a variety of scenes in this film that may scare younger children (especially if shown on a big screen) however all but one of these scenes is fantastical in nature and probably won't cause confusion or require explanation. The final confrontation between the film's villain and the main character occasionally strays into moderate territory in terms of horror but there is nothing that is unsuitable for children aged around 10 years old. There is a mild amount of violence in the film which children are unlikely to be concerned with/influenced by and the film contains only very mild language.
Kid, 10 years old March 24, 2011

Always watch this one first before watching the other harry potter movies

Loved it!!! Not scary at all , a little violent but awesome!!!!! It's always a good time to watch this one to learn about the whole series! I don't mean to be rude but harry potter looked very cute when he was youung like the 1st 2 he looked cute, Sorry I had to say that. Anyway, Harry potter, STILL THE BEST MOVIE, GAME, BOOK IN THE UNIVERSE!!!!!
Kid, 11 years old March 26, 2011

Good for 11+

I like all Harry Potter movies so I am doing a view of all of them here. The themes get darker as you go through the movies. The bad guys are bad role models and send bad messages but the good guys are good role models and send good messages. Some violence but no blood or gore. I you like fantasy movies and magic then the Harry Potter films sre for you.
Teen, 13 years old Written bycoolbrees09 March 23, 2011

great beginning to the series. the dog can be scary, but other than that, GREAT movie. i want to be a wizard!
Teen, 15 years old Written bybubbo April 9, 2008

Magical

I thought it was a good movie for kids, although the magic/sorcery fantasy stuff may bug some parents. Really, the magic stuff in it sounds worse than it really is, it actually is a good moral story about good vs. evil.
Teen, 17 years old Written byXemnasSuperior March 10, 2011

Ah the first

The classic first Harry Potter never gets old and the only thing I hated was the Dursleys.
Kid, 11 years old July 17, 2011

The best!

Amazing movie! A Magical, life-changing, adventure. Perfect for kids 6 & up. Not scary at all but some kids younger than 5 or 6 should not watch one of the final scenes.
Kid, 10 years old July 18, 2011

great but creppy if ur kid gites scared esaly dont wach
Kid, 12 years old July 18, 2011

Great movie

It was a great movie, and was a great start to all the harry potter movies. It is defiantly fine for kids 6 and up.
Teen, 15 years old Written bypalmer198 July 17, 2011

The start of something special

I first saw this movie when I was 5 and I thought it was awesome the only part that scared me was when Harry opens the book and it starts screamin. I grew up on the Harry potter movies and recomend to all
Teen, 13 years old Written bymrbookworm01 July 9, 2011

Great Movie!

This movie is great and is probably the best movie in the Harry Potter series!
Teen, 13 years old Written byfunnyjst July 9, 2011

THE BEST!!!

If you are looking for an adventure filled and action packed movie this is the one. The characters try to save their school, because they care and that shows them being great role models. This movie isn't for small chilldren, not because it's bad, just because they won't understand whats really going on. I really don't want to spoil anything at all, but I do recommend the books a lot more. Just give it a shot and you will love it!!