All member reviews for Heist

Not yet rated
Teen, 17 years old Written bydavyborn December 13, 2011

Intense and very clever thief movie is not for kids

David Mamet's 2001 film Heist is often overlooked, mainly because the audiences at the time were tired of legal thrillers (it's almost 2012 and there still coming faster than we can keep them out of our minds!) and so it unfortunately bombed brutally at the box office. Now, Heist may benefit greatly, which it does, to a, well...great cast, but it is also a very ingenious and well thought out thief movie that actually manages to be rather unpredictable as it winds down further and further. Still, the R Rating may seem surprising to some people, but it is fairly deserved: There is frequent strong profanity with at least 80 uses of the F-words and more profanity scattered throughout the movie, a brief sex scene including crude dialog, and very infrequent but very strong bloody violence, which mainly explodes into a cavalcade of brutality in a scene near the end. Well, if you like crime movies, David Mamet, or are just plain old looking for something to watch tonight, then I certainly reccomend that you check it out.