All member reviews for Hellboy

Somewhat entertaining, but too scary for many.

Teen, 13 years old Written byJim Henderson February 18, 2010

good movie

Really cool Where are his horns!?!?!?!?
Adult Written byLinuxHawk May 3, 2009

Uses Gods name as filth

Movie would have been good except they Profane Gods name. They did not have to to make an adventure, as in Star Wars, but Hollywood will try to make it OK to use Gods name in place of a 4 letter filth word, I would rather hear the filth word.
Kid, 10 years old December 26, 2009

good movie.

good, violent.
Teen, 13 years old Written byNapkap August 8, 2009

A Good Comic Book Movie

While it's not identical to the comic, it does do a good job of adapting it and delivers very good action and horror.
Adult Written bychainsawman2005 April 9, 2008

Very cool action horror flick for 13+

I didn't see anything wrong, besides the fact that alot of demon resurrection and satan stuff (not like you've seen in the end of days or exorcist, but it is pretty scary). Good moral stuff besides hellboy smoking a cigar all the time which is not a good lesson for kids. Besides that, great movie!
Teen, 13 years old Written byELLi3212 September 11, 2009

I love this movie! Not good with little kids, but only because they prolly'd be scared and or they wouldn't get it... -__-. there's some cursing, but nothing extreme. The best movie i've seen in all my life, terrible i know. Some blood, gore and violence, some death, but you can emphasize with 'im.... That's what i like about it! ...He has cats XD i love that.
Written byAnonymous March 28, 2010

Great movie..........

it may be scary for kids under 10 but 12 and up will love it. but Red (hell boy) loves smoking. he always has cigar in his mouth. kissing that was it. one 1 or 2 kissing seans nothing more. not bad cursing nothing more then D,A,and hell no f word. overall it was a great movie.
Teen, 14 years old Written bysneps123 August 17, 2009

Great Movie

Great Movie But a little too scary for younger audiences
Parent of a 4, 6, 8, 11, and 13 year old Written bycrsunlimited October 20, 2010

Perfect for children who enjoy dressing up scary on Halloween.

When my daughter was 7 she always wanted to watch scary movies. After seeing this one I decided to let her watch it, and she loved it. It was her favorite movie until she was 9. Hellboy does smoke cigars, but it's not overly done to the point where your thinking it's an ad for kids to smoke. His main swear word is crap which isn't that high on my list of things not to say. Overall this movie is great for kids. There is some action in it, but absolutely no nudity, and the violence is at a mild comic book level. I think Hellboy makes a positive mole model as his story tells how he was made to do evil, yet chooses to be on the side of good. It's all about his choices and choosing the right ones. He also shows great friendship and love by willing to sacrifice himself to keep those he loves alive. I also like the positive message that even though Hellboy looks like a demon he doesn't let what others think about how he looks degrade his self esteem.
Teen, 15 years old Written byThehorrorflic April 9, 2008

OK interesting but still a little zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Hellboy is great. The beginning matches with the end and the main characters' favorite word is extremely............non apropriate for little kids because of language.
Kid, 9 years old April 10, 2011

boring

this is some what boring for 10-
Kid, 12 years old December 11, 2009

boring

i found this movie a bit boring.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMovieWizard July 8, 2011

Not sure...

I'm not exactly positive what i think about this movie. It's okay I guess...
Kid, 10 years old July 8, 2010

hell boy is always smoking and he will say a_s and sh_t and God but he is not bad but he is a demon lots of kissing and gross for some kids aliens and it is of corse good vs evil and thare is a lake of blood but it is an alsome movie
Kid, 9 years old March 22, 2009

hellboy review by critic07

Now im a big fan of comic book movies, HELLBOY kicked ass! I think you can probaly see it if you want to. It was no worse than my favorite movie spider-man. It was intense and had scary images, but they were'nt that scary. So tell your mom that critic07 said you can see HELLBOY!
Teen, 16 years old Written bymikee990 April 9, 2008

11+...

a good guy movie. some smoking. beer. violence. alot of hell. and monsters. but a good movie to see.
Teen, 16 years old Written byoscarteen132003 April 9, 2008

Hellboy is another comic book masterpiece since Hulk came out. It features the Hellboy from the comic book series. In this movie, you discover the origin of Hellboy and how he manages to survive in society where people with horns is not that common. Hellboy encounters an old enemy that brought him into the world.
Kid, 12 years old April 19, 2011

This was a good film which worked well as a good drama a touching love story and a stylish comic book adaption. Hellboy is a great character and a decent role model. Very visually striking especially a great ending sequence.
Parent Written byPlague February 26, 2010

Hellboy

Not a big fan of this movie, but it was entertaining in most parts.
Parent of a 8 and 10 year old Written byAAnt August 15, 2010

Definitely a NO for under 10!

There is a very scary character, that when he takes off his mask looks awful. He's the character that is all stitched up, with gaping eyes and lips. I know my 8 year old would be afraid and my 10 year old wouldn't like it either. Just too much death and darkness in this one.