All member reviews for Hellboy

Somewhat entertaining, but too scary for many.

Teen, 13 years old Written byJim Henderson February 18, 2010

good movie

Really cool Where are his horns!?!?!?!?
Kid, 10 years old December 26, 2009

good movie.

good, violent.
Adult Written byLinuxHawk May 3, 2009

Uses Gods name as filth

Movie would have been good except they Profane Gods name. They did not have to to make an adventure, as in Star Wars, but Hollywood will try to make it OK to use Gods name in place of a 4 letter filth word, I would rather hear the filth word.
Parent of a 8 and 10 year old Written byAAnt August 15, 2010

Definitely a NO for under 10!

There is a very scary character, that when he takes off his mask looks awful. He's the character that is all stitched up, with gaping eyes and lips. I know my 8 year old would be afraid and my 10 year old wouldn't like it either. Just too much death and darkness in this one.
Teen, 16 years old Written bymikee990 April 9, 2008

11+...

a good guy movie. some smoking. beer. violence. alot of hell. and monsters. but a good movie to see.
Parent Written byPlague February 26, 2010

Hellboy

Not a big fan of this movie, but it was entertaining in most parts.
Kid, 10 years old July 8, 2013

Hellboy Movie Review

With the name "Hellboy" you'd think that the main character is evil. But he was raised to be good. All you really need to worry about is violence and light language. Some deaths are pretty intense so I recommend this movie not for younger kids.
Adult Written bydarthsitkur August 1, 2012

better than spawn

both this one and the second one really kick the crap out of spawn
Kid, 9 years old April 10, 2011

boring

this is some what boring for 10-
Parent of a 4, 6, 8, 11, and 13 year old Written bycrsunlimited October 20, 2010

Perfect for children who enjoy dressing up scary on Halloween.

When my daughter was 7 she always wanted to watch scary movies. After seeing this one I decided to let her watch it, and she loved it. It was her favorite movie until she was 9. Hellboy does smoke cigars, but it's not overly done to the point where your thinking it's an ad for kids to smoke. His main swear word is crap which isn't that high on my list of things not to say. Overall this movie is great for kids. There is some action in it, but absolutely no nudity, and the violence is at a mild comic book level. I think Hellboy makes a positive mole model as his story tells how he was made to do evil, yet chooses to be on the side of good. It's all about his choices and choosing the right ones. He also shows great friendship and love by willing to sacrifice himself to keep those he loves alive. I also like the positive message that even though Hellboy looks like a demon he doesn't let what others think about how he looks degrade his self esteem.
Kid, 10 years old July 8, 2010

hell boy is always smoking and he will say a_s and sh_t and God but he is not bad but he is a demon lots of kissing and gross for some kids aliens and it is of corse good vs evil and thare is a lake of blood but it is an alsome movie
Written byAnonymous March 28, 2010

Great movie..........

it may be scary for kids under 10 but 12 and up will love it. but Red (hell boy) loves smoking. he always has cigar in his mouth. kissing that was it. one 1 or 2 kissing seans nothing more. not bad cursing nothing more then D,A,and hell no f word. overall it was a great movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written byNapkap August 8, 2009

A Good Comic Book Movie

While it's not identical to the comic, it does do a good job of adapting it and delivers very good action and horror.
Teen, 16 years old Written byoscarteen132003 April 9, 2008

Hellboy is another comic book masterpiece since Hulk came out. It features the Hellboy from the comic book series. In this movie, you discover the origin of Hellboy and how he manages to survive in society where people with horns is not that common. Hellboy encounters an old enemy that brought him into the world.
Kid, 12 years old January 25, 2015

15A

Contains strong violence and infrequent strong horror.
Kid, 9 years old July 28, 2014

The good news? It was very entertaining!

The bad news? Well, I should say that it is a tad too disturbing for some... Parents need to know that this Nazi born mutant has more in him than you think. He is always known to smoke a cigar around places (I don't know where!). He has a BIG revolver that he shoots at monsters and enemies that are human. The language isn't that much of a problem, although there was a lot of it. There is also a scene where he stabs someone with... I forget but what I'm saying is that there is a lot of bad stuff about this movie. The movie by itself is great, but the material they use in the movie is NOT. If you plan on watching it, please don't suggest watching it alone!
Kid, 9 years old July 22, 2013

not bad

It is a good movie. hellboy has a funny personality kind of like men in black. Hellboy smokes and drinks beer so that is a bit of a issue but overall this movie is a fun sifi.
Kid, 10 years old July 21, 2013

Entertaining, excellent, explosive fun from Guillermo Del Toro.

Awesome, action packed sci-fi has a great story and better special effects. The acting is great and there is a good sense of humor throughout the movie. I can't see why only 64% of audience liked it. It should more like 80%. My mpaa rating PG-13 for sci-fi action violence, frightening images, and brief smoking.
Kid, 9 years old June 16, 2013

GREAT

Really great movie! might scare the pants off some children, if you've watched this movie and you want to watch the 2nd one you probably won't be scared.
Teen, 16 years old Written byBestPicture1996 January 21, 2013

Pulpy good entertainment!

This is one of those movies that I always hear is good, and I'm so glad I finally saw it! Perlman is gritty and hilarious as our scarlet hero, an essentially emotionally soft tough guy in Del Toro's beautifully weird sci-fi extravaganza. The characters were quirky and unique, the HellHounds were some amazing CGI...I can't wait to watch "The Golden Army!" Great preteen Friday night film!