All member reviews for High School Musical 2

High School magic strikes again.

Kid, 10 years old July 20, 2010
I like this one the best
Kid, 12 years old April 4, 2011

Horrible

CRAP! thats what this movie is..
Kid, 12 years old January 27, 2009

From Good To The Worst

I used to be obsessed over High School Musical, until everybody became obsessed. They're now driving me crazy: everywhere I look, HSM adverts, T-shirts, backpacks... whatever. Very young children (5-6 years)are simply obsessed with this movie because everybody they know is too. I know children who haven't even seen the movie, and they love it! Plus the movies are too corny and lame.
Parent of a 6 and 11 year old Written byfastraxsg July 1, 2011

Better then movie1 and 3.

I think its a great movie! kids like to dance to the music and are enchanted! I watched the movie more than five times!!
Kid, 10 years old April 9, 2008

Great for kids 7years and older.

I really enjoyed this movie. It's about a group of high school kids who learn to go their own way. I would say that if it was in theatres it would be rated a clean G. It's actually great for the whole family. Except that the commeralism sometimes gets out of hand. Otherwise, I enoyed this movie and I thin High School Musical 2 is great!
Educator and Parent of a 7 year old Written byaxxiom2000 October 27, 2014

Typical Disney Mindless Production with Stereotyping of Women as Gullible and Vain

Disappointing absence of opportunity to provide a positive role model for boys or girls - instead, Disney continues to portray kids as mindless and void of any interests outside of those championed by "main street" consumerism, and goes further to portray girls in a very chauvinistic manner. If you want your boys to grow up to think of women as objects or "trophies", or if you want your girls to grow up to think of themselves as pawns whose only value is their looks - this movie is for your kids.
Teen, 17 years old Written byzendayaZuri July 22, 2014

HMMMMMM.......

YES... I HAVE THIS MOVIE, SISTER WANTED IT BUT THIS ISNT FOR ANY AGE UNDER 14+ TOO KISSY AS LITTLE KIDS WOULD SAY AND LIFE ISNT ALL ABOUT LOVING BOYS,KISSES,MONEY,GETTING YOUR WAY OR WHAT YOU WANT! THATS PLENTY IN THIS MOVIE...SO PARENTS DONT LET KIDS WATCH IF UNDER 14+ PLEASE! SEEN SOME KIDS, EVEN LITTLE KIDS NOT APPRECIATE WHAT THEY HAVE AND GET A LITTLE ADDITUDE BECAUSE OF SEEING SNOTTY SHARPAY(RICH,SNOTTY,WANTS THINGS HER WAY,WANTS EVEN MORE AND SHES RICH... ) SEE NOW!?
Parent of a 5 year old Written byLdyGreeen November 7, 2009

Fun for whole family

Our whole family watches this. Our 5 year old sings along and can recite the lines too.
Teen, 13 years old Written bykatnisshamna December 24, 2012

love it

i love it its not some useless storey, its usefull and worth my time. the songs are really cute and catchy.
Parent of a 10 and 10 year old Written byjrenouard April 9, 2008

Great role model for girls

If my girls emulated Gabriella, I'd be ecstatic. She's smart, nice, strong, doesn't allow herself to get pushed around, knows her own mind and self. The messages in this one are actually better than the first.
Adult Written byquest13 April 9, 2008

Good

The only problem of this film should be the biinis in this tons and tons and tons of tiny bikinis espacially sharpay. Other than that fine.
Kid, 10 years old June 15, 2016

Amazing

This is one of my favorite movies
Adult Written byMfi0f May 8, 2015

High Drool Musical Toot

I think that this is a perfect opportunity to see the bratty side of Sharpay Evans. Beeeeecause EVERYTHING JUST HAS TO BE FABULOUS for HER!!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byDarky'sReviews June 19, 2014

My Least Favorite Of This Squeaky Clean Triliogy

I quite enjoy the HSM triliogy, sure the romance is steam grilled cheesy and the characters and plot are rather one dimensional, but Disney never seems to fail the catchy song test on anything. As much as I like the songs in this one just as much as the ones in the other two, this was Sharpay at her worst. She was just so desperate to get hit on by Troy in this one, going as far as making everyone else's summer a living hell. The dude that she hired to take control of Troy's friends is a bit of a jerk too. HSM should be perfectly fine for preteens because I'm sure they can handle a couple of lip smacks, marriage jokes and normal flirting. ON: 9+ IFFY: 4-8 OFF: 0-3
Kid, 12 years old October 6, 2011

sweet HSM!

I <3 it. it's sweet and comforting. :)!
Adult Written byphillymom77 January 5, 2009

Good Movie!

If this movie is not for young kids then who is it for. I am very strict with what my son watches and I like this movie. There is one kiss in the whole movie and there is no real sexual content because all of the relationships are very innocent. The story line is basic and probably a little boring to the teens. I took my son to see Madagascar because it was a cartoon and regretted it for adult jokes but even though this movie is real kids it has none of that.
Adult Written byspongebobrocks22 April 9, 2008

great

better than #1
Teen, 14 years old Written byrileyh April 24, 2016

GREAT

The third High School Musical is definitely the best but this one is still good. I still watch them to this day and I think all kids should grow up with High School Musical.
Teen, 13 years old Written bysuperman13 June 27, 2015

Extra lame sequel is way worse than the first movie.

I could not stand it. I feel bad for Zach Efron. Any actor should be unhappy to be in this movie. Gabriella made some really dumb facial expressions, and the storyline is pointless. There are scenes where girls dance in skimpy clothing, which is definetley not appropriate. Just don't bother, its a waste of time.
Parent of a 12 year old Written bynka August 31, 2014

Couldn't let 12 yr old daughter watch past the first scene

The first scene shows a girl in skimpy shorts riding piggy back on a boy. Then the boy and girl, eyes locked romantically and singing a song, go slowly down a staircase, faces gradually coming closer and closer. I couldn't let my 12 year old daughter watch the movie beyond this part so I don't know how the rest of the movie is. The first scene itself was enough to bring the barriers down on this movie for me. It seems mine is the only review which disapproves this movie for kids less than 15 years of age. So I assume many parents nowadays have more liberal views than I do.