All member reviews for High School Musical 2

High School magic strikes again.

Kid, 10 years old July 20, 2010

I like this one the best
Kid, 12 years old January 27, 2009

From Good To The Worst

I used to be obsessed over High School Musical, until everybody became obsessed. They're now driving me crazy: everywhere I look, HSM adverts, T-shirts, backpacks... whatever. Very young children (5-6 years)are simply obsessed with this movie because everybody they know is too. I know children who haven't even seen the movie, and they love it! Plus the movies are too corny and lame.
Kid, 12 years old April 4, 2011

Horrible

CRAP! thats what this movie is..
Kid, 10 years old April 9, 2008

Great for kids 7years and older.

I really enjoyed this movie. It's about a group of high school kids who learn to go their own way. I would say that if it was in theatres it would be rated a clean G. It's actually great for the whole family. Except that the commeralism sometimes gets out of hand. Otherwise, I enoyed this movie and I thin High School Musical 2 is great!
Teen, 13 years old Written bysuperman13 June 27, 2015

Extra lame sequel is way worse than the first movie.

I could not stand it. I feel bad for Zach Efron. Any actor should be unhappy to be in this movie. Gabriella made some really dumb facial expressions, and the storyline is pointless. There are scenes where girls dance in skimpy clothing, which is definetley not appropriate. Just don't bother, its a waste of time.
Adult Written byMfi0f May 8, 2015

High Drool Musical Toot

I think that this is a perfect opportunity to see the bratty side of Sharpay Evans. Beeeeecause EVERYTHING JUST HAS TO BE FABULOUS for HER!!!!
Educator and Parent of a 7 year old Written byaxxiom2000 October 27, 2014

Typical Disney Mindless Production with Stereotyping of Women as Gullible and Vain

Disappointing absence of opportunity to provide a positive role model for boys or girls - instead, Disney continues to portray kids as mindless and void of any interests outside of those championed by "main street" consumerism, and goes further to portray girls in a very chauvinistic manner. If you want your boys to grow up to think of women as objects or "trophies", or if you want your girls to grow up to think of themselves as pawns whose only value is their looks - this movie is for your kids.
Parent of a 12 year old Written bynka August 31, 2014

Couldn't let 12 yr old daughter watch past the first scene

The first scene shows a girl in skimpy shorts riding piggy back on a boy. Then the boy and girl, eyes locked romantically and singing a song, go slowly down a staircase, faces gradually coming closer and closer. I couldn't let my 12 year old daughter watch the movie beyond this part so I don't know how the rest of the movie is. The first scene itself was enough to bring the barriers down on this movie for me. It seems mine is the only review which disapproves this movie for kids less than 15 years of age. So I assume many parents nowadays have more liberal views than I do.
Teen, 17 years old Written byzendayaZuri July 22, 2014

HMMMMMM.......

YES... I HAVE THIS MOVIE, SISTER WANTED IT BUT THIS ISNT FOR ANY AGE UNDER 14+ TOO KISSY AS LITTLE KIDS WOULD SAY AND LIFE ISNT ALL ABOUT LOVING BOYS,KISSES,MONEY,GETTING YOUR WAY OR WHAT YOU WANT! THATS PLENTY IN THIS MOVIE...SO PARENTS DONT LET KIDS WATCH IF UNDER 14+ PLEASE! SEEN SOME KIDS, EVEN LITTLE KIDS NOT APPRECIATE WHAT THEY HAVE AND GET A LITTLE ADDITUDE BECAUSE OF SEEING SNOTTY SHARPAY(RICH,SNOTTY,WANTS THINGS HER WAY,WANTS EVEN MORE AND SHES RICH... ) SEE NOW!?
Kid, 10 years old July 15, 2014

good

great movie there is a very self centered girl in it. and he isn't the best freind in this episode
Teen, 13 years old Written byDarky'sReviews June 19, 2014

My Least Favorite Of This Squeaky Clean Triliogy

I quite enjoy the HSM triliogy, sure the romance is steam grilled cheesy and the characters and plot are rather one dimensional, but Disney never seems to fail the catchy song test on anything. As much as I like the songs in this one just as much as the ones in the other two, this was Sharpay at her worst. She was just so desperate to get hit on by Troy in this one, going as far as making everyone else's summer a living hell. The dude that she hired to take control of Troy's friends is a bit of a jerk too. HSM should be perfectly fine for preteens because I'm sure they can handle a couple of lip smacks, marriage jokes and normal flirting. ON: 9+ IFFY: 4-8 OFF: 0-3
Teen, 13 years old Written byDorotea January 12, 2014

High School Musical 2

Parent of an infant, 6, and 8 year old Written byMomma comma July 23, 2013

Best and a great discussion topic (explore, discuss enjoy)

Teen, 13 years old Written bykatnisshamna December 24, 2012

love it

i love it its not some useless storey, its usefull and worth my time. the songs are really cute and catchy.
Parent of a 6 year old Written bymadsmooney1214 September 28, 2012

high school musical musical 2

Families can talk about how the media typically presents teen life. Do you think people get an inaccurate view of teen life from the media? Why or why not? Tweens: Do you find the characters and scenarios in this movie believable? Why or why not? Were any of the issues the characters faced similar to ones you've experienced? If so, how did you handle them? Families can also discuss how this movie compares to the original. How have the characters changed since the first High School Musical? Which do you like better? Why?
Teen, 13 years old Written byMaya13 August 11, 2012

One of the best disney movies

This is one of my favorite movies. I think it's ok for kids 3 and up
Kid, 11 years old June 26, 2012

High School Musical=AWESOME

I used to LOVE this movie! This a great movie for younger children! I used to watch this movie when I was eight...... now i'm eleven and I sometimes watch it when it's on Disney. GREAT JOB DISNEY!!!!!!!!!!!
Kid, 10 years old May 27, 2012

WARNING, THE SEQUEL!

Just as bad as number 1, THIS IS HELL!
Teen, 16 years old Written byabbacus May 26, 2012

Better that the first!

Kid, 11 years old March 25, 2012

blargh

i hated it, thats why i said blargh, just plain awful, don't bother