All member reviews for Hitchcock

Entertaining biopic focuses on Hitch's marriage and method.

Teen, 14 years old Written byFILMCRITIC500 November 24, 2012

wonderous, epic, and excellent biopic movie focuses on Hitchcock's life during the making of Psycho

this wonderously made, wimsical drama about one of history's greatest directors is an all out blast for hardcore film buffs. sure, the relationship subplot will confuse them a bit, this biopic is a great, Oscar worthy treat that is OK for younger kids. this wimsical, heartwarming true story has little in the way of violence, sex, or drugs. there are some startling images of dead bodies and wounds, and one guy gets hit in the head with a shovel. during the showing of Psycho, you can hear the audience scream in terror. there is one use of dam*. Hitchcock smokes cigars.
Teen, 14 years old Written byerraggarn98 February 6, 2013

Enjoyable and a nice impression of Alfred Hitchcock

A nice movie. If you're a fan of Psycho then you'd probably LOVE this movie! There are flashes of violence and maybe even a little horror put in when Hitchcock has visions of the serial killer Ed Gein, the inspiration of Psycho. At the start of the movie a man is killed by Ed Gein but that is the only death you see in this movie ( I think ), Ed Gein kills the man by wacking him over the head with a shovel but there is no blood seen so it is not too violent. It is fairly enjoyable, it was hard to rate it out of 5, I'd rate it 3.5/5 but because we cant do half stars on this site I give it a 3/5
Teen, 16 years old Written byBestPicture1996 January 2, 2013

Average biopic, needs more Hitch

I'm a fan of Hitchcock's work, but the HBO movie "The Girl" portrayed him as an ultra-perverted mad genius monster. This film humanized him a bit, though he's still shown as unsmiling and occasionally ogling at women. The movie more takes a look at Hitch's relationship with his wife Alma, a role dwarfed in "The Girl." Helen Mirren plays her well, and deserves the praise she's getting, but I just wish there could be a Hitchcock movie about the MAN, not his wife or his leading blonds. Hitchcock is infinitely fascinating; why can't his life be dramatized?
Teen, 16 years old Written bymoviebuff6996 January 20, 2013

Hitchcock is entertaining enough, especially for moviebuffs like myself

So Hitchcock was very good with its great acting and great insight on the master of suspense. The pace was dysfunctional which is why I didn’t give it five stars as well as the fact that they didn’t study the making of Psycho as much as would’ve liked. There are some allusions to infidelity and some women are seen in 60’s style bras. There are some violent images as well, mostly involving a serial killer by the name of Ed Geins. There are about 15 profanities or less all mild. So overall if you’re a movie buff or a Hitchcock fan like me, then I would highly recommend you watch Hitchcock. :)