All teen and kid member reviews for Holes

Teen, 13 years old Written byBloodeka January 21, 2011

Gr8 4 All Ages!!

i liked this movie.... it thought it had a nice (but not very exiting) story to it, and all ages should be aloud to watch it unless your a complete sook.
Teen, 14 years old Written byHemingway October 26, 2009

Best Movie

This is good movie if you want to learn how to stay out of trouble.
Teen, 15 years old Written byJoey123 June 22, 2009

Preview for youger viewers...

I loved this movie. Unfortunatly, there is quite a bit of language for a kids movie. a--, h-ll, d--n, crap, etc... The Lord's name is also taken in vain multiple times. The violence of the movie is slightly disturbing, even though there is never any gore.
Teen, 14 years old Written byroad December 18, 2010

evil warden

i love this movie. the warden is EVIL. when stanley's lawyer was angry at her for imprisoning stanley, i thought "go morengo"
Kid, 11 years old December 17, 2010

I hated this movie!! In my opinion it was really boring and some of the things there could scare your children and will also set a bad influence. A few not the everyday nice kind of words. So I beg you, do not watch this movie!!
Kid, 10 years old July 5, 2015

Good movie. But PG-13 is beter

It was a pretty good movie. but there were some bad parts. (spoilers coming) at one point the Warden calls the boys A--'s and Mr sir smokes at the end, Zero barfs, and the Warden scratches Mr sir in the face. The reason I think it should be rated PG-13 is because of all that. Overall the movie is pretty good, but not the best I've ever seen. If your thinking of seeing this movie, see Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black pearl instead. Its better!
Kid, 11 years old February 28, 2015

Great Story Line!

Amazing story line and plot! Love it! Some scary parts (blood, guns) This movie is where a boy is accused for stealing shoes and goes to a camp where they have to dig holes. This is a really tense movie, but good for tweens. Kids under 12 might not understand the story line and might think its boring. Some intense violence small kids (under 10) can't handle. Some language and drinking and smoking. Lots of violence and some good role models and messages.
Kid, 10 years old December 15, 2010

Um, get it!

Awesome movie!
Kid, 10 years old August 9, 2010

Very creative movie.
Kid, 9 years old December 23, 2009

Awesome movie, but a little strong language for PG

Holes is a terrrific movie. There are a few BLOODLESS dead bodies seen, people held at gunpoint, and intense close calls. Also it has a few bad words in it (2 uses of d**m, 2 or 3 uses of h**l, and one 1 use of jack***). Also filling in the "holes" may be hard for the youngest of viewers too. But on the plus side Holes has a good message of destiny, teamwork, and friendship. I recomend holes to anyone 8 and up.
Kid, 11 years old September 28, 2011

Good movie that mature 8 year olds could see.

We watched it in class today and its really good. I actually like it more than the book. Its not too violent, you see a charachter get shot when he is in his boat, and poisonus lizards bite a woman. But other than that, its fine. The langauge is really nothing, an old man yells 'thats to d-mn bad' but thats pretty much it. Its a good movie.
Teen, 14 years old Written byEowynBear March 7, 2011

Really Good Movie!!

I really liked the movie and book. I think the little song in it is cool and the flashbacks. I think that if I had to go there, I would have been okay with it but that is mostly because I would not like having to go to jail on a college application.
Teen, 13 years old Written byboomer77 February 27, 2011

Teen, 14 years old Written byshanno15 April 26, 2010

Good movie

good movie, good acting, funny at times, and good directing. This movie is better than the book because of some of the changes they make in the movie. They added humor in the movie which the book didnt have enough of. The actors are believeable, and I think the books author should be proud.
Teen, 15 years old Written bypeanutbuttergurl6 November 25, 2009

my teahcer made us watch it in 5th grade

my teacher read us the book and i didn't understand a thing. i thought the movie was going to be so boring but it turned out... i loved it! i love everything about this movie and hope it come on sometime
Teen, 13 years old Written byBestPicture1996 October 2, 2009

One of the best recent kid's movies

Extremely original in telling, "Holes" is a thrilling, exciting and harshly realistic look at unfairness, punishment and karma in the world, brilliantly portrayed by a then young Shia LaBeouf and Khleo Thomas.
Kid, 12 years old June 19, 2009

Great, fun movie for the family.

This movie is not violent! Are you kidding CS?!?! Fine for all ages!!!! Very good movie... has a great message.
Teen, 13 years old Written bynatasha April 9, 2008

it was Kind of scary and very suspenseful

I thought that the part at the end of the movie with the lizards was extremely scary. I also thought that the part when the Warden scratches Mr. Sir was very scary. I liked the part when Stanley drives the truck away from the camp and he crashes.
Kid, 10 years old August 24, 2015

Great movie about friendship and kindness

Teen, 13 years old Written byGame_squire June 30, 2015

Awesome movie for the family

A movie which didn't let me and my sister down