All member reviews for Holes

Kid, 10 years old December 3, 2014

Really good movie

One use of jackass but it's fine.The kids push each other and a lizard gets shot by a gun.But like I said it's fine.
Kid, 10 years old July 10, 2014

AWESOME SCENES IN HOLES!

very good just the flashbacks of deaths can course swearing but very briefly said and it's very mild. theres some drinking. and theres one scene with a lady walking around in her bra.
Teen, 13 years old Written bynarrator reviews April 22, 2014

The characters says a couple of bad words and the movie has an interesting storyline and characters. One part of the movie has one person smoking and there are fights.
Kid, 10 years old November 8, 2013

very good

i like it because it is fun.
Kid, 10 years old July 10, 2013

love this movie its awesome

This is the best movie I have ever seen I read the book and it was awesome but I would not recommend it for 8 year olds the lizards will terrifie them besides they would be running into their parents room screaming. But the movie will entertain older children so that's what I think of holes.
Kid, 10 years old June 19, 2013

A bit scary at parts, overall OK

I'm a fan of the holes book, and I enjoyed this. You need to know that there are guns and yes, people (and a lizard) are shot (most humans are shot by a female outlaw, who kisses every men she killed).Language Is mild, including "cr*p","Jacka*ses", and "d* nm". That's it, hope this was helpful.
Kid, 11 years old June 1, 2013

Very good, talk about it with the children

I've seen the movie, one of my favorites :) There is very brief smoking, like five seconds and he mentions "I quit smoking, but I didn't say it didn't work" which isn't a big deal. I recommend to read the book first to get a good feel of it. Some racial problems though. There's a tad bit of kissing, and a few "Jack ass" sayings, but overall, I would say its for 10 and up. There are some violent scenes, but no red or anything unbearable. I would talk about the matters in this movie with you child after the movie.
Kid, 10 years old May 27, 2013

This is a good 3 star movie

This movie has swearing rarely with jacka_sses and h_ll.violence inludes scrapes, lizards biting,guns, and rattlesnakes.The only blood is a scrape on mr. sirs face.Mr.sir tried to quit smoking and at the end of the movie is smoking like crazy.language is very rare for a prison camp. warden gets upset cause she wants gold.nodity not shown but people are naked when taking showers.
Kid, 12 years old May 2, 2013

It's okay....

I watched this movie at my school. I'm surprised they didn't give us a permission slip for this, as a character kills herself by letting a poisonous lizard bite her. Also there is a lot of bad language. However, there are some good things about it. Stanley (a character) saves another character's life and teaches him how to read.
Kid, 11 years old August 15, 2012

Little iffy

OK. kind of got bored.
Teen, 13 years old Written bytonii xx February 2, 2012

holes :)

it was a brilliantly written book .I read this book with my class it was a really enjoyable read
Teen, 15 years old Written byhomealonefan123 December 26, 2011

iffy for ages 11-12. but would be rated PG-13 for the amount of violence

this movie is really good. my teacher from 4th grade showed me this movie. but some language and violence. there is alot of violence for a Disney movie.
Kid, 12 years old December 26, 2011

great film!

This movie is one of my favorites. Lots of good role models (but a few bad ones), positive messages, and plain old enterteinment. It has some iffy content. Language includes "cow t--ds", "jacka--es", and more that is stated above. It is a bit violent, with deaths and fights. A beloved character is killed and threatened to be lynched. Another, after her love interest dies, becomes an outlaw who will murder someone and then kiss them. She is also shown committing suicide, but not a graphic one. Drunkness and peril also are portrayed throughout the film. But in the end, the messages are positive and everyone's happy.
Kid, 11 years old January 25, 2011

8 and up wont hurt

its not that bad. bad words i barly heard there are one f word and thats about it there was a fist fight in a sence but it was like 30 seconds and there is da*ns
Kid, 12 years old September 4, 2010

AWESOME!!!!!

this is an awesome movie ive seen it like 10 times!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kid, 12 years old July 15, 2009

good family movie!

Really good but the reptiles in the movie might scare the little ones!
Kid, 9 years old June 21, 2009

awesome

very awesome
Teen, 14 years old Written bymkalv February 2, 2009

Holes is good.

Holes may have holes, but it almost never stumbles. The acting is good, it stays faithful to the book, and flashbacks are dealt with well.
Teen, 15 years old Written byShinjo April 9, 2008

This fun exciting adventure is a great movie for kids!

This movie is a tense extravaganza that really pulls you into the plot. Most movies aren't as good as the book, but this one comes pretty close...
Teen, 14 years old Written bykaratedude April 9, 2008

Okay...

Pretty good movie... some violence and strong language but good movie... I can't say too much because I haven't seen this movie in a long time.