All member reviews for Holiday in Handcuffs

Older kids can take romantic comedy's iffy stuff.

Adult Written byauburngrads April 9, 2008

Parents beware: not exactly FAMILY movie

I watched HOLIDAY IN HANDCUFFS with my 15 year old and found it to be a cute, romantic comedy. HOWEVER, I was very disappointed in the PG rating for this FAMILY MOVIE... something just doesn't add up. There were several NON-family lines and scenes ('because we hadn't slept together yet"... "bitchitus"... police bust in on couple in sexual play w/ man wrapped in a bow , .... "fantasy for our once a year birthday sex"... ETC.). I feel very strongly that if you are going to plug a movie as a FAMILY MOVIE, that gratuitious cursing, inuendo and blatantly NON-famiy scenes just really don't need to be included. I will not let my 12 year old watch this - what otherwise would be a great little movie - due to the lack of consdieration for what it means to be FAMILY / PG scenes & verbage. PLEASE keep this in mind for younger viewers.
Kid, 11 years old December 22, 2010

We saw this movie in English class and the teacher had to turn it off they said, a***, h*ll, b*tch, b*st*rd, s*x, and p***. They also said a couple of d*mns. This should not be a PG-movie. There were also a hidden use of the word "b*tch" at the beginning. I was afraid they'd say f**k next!
Adult Written bymom2girls April 9, 2008

Teen, 15 years old Written bylemke_daniel April 9, 2008

BS

THIS WAS DUMB, BORING, AND CLICHE.
Adult Written bycutie06 April 9, 2008

Kid, 10 years old April 9, 2008

Teen, 16 years old Written byAdvice Giver November 23, 2011

NOT FOR KIDS!!!!!

I was honestly surprised to see this on the FAMILY channel. Let's get this straight: THIS IS NOT FOR KIDS!!! Words like: b*tch, d*mm, b*stard, s*x, I know I'm forgetting a few... Quotes like: "...just to get through our annual birthday s*x!", "I'm gay.", "...does naughty things to you...", "We haven't even had s*x yet.", "How do you know what p*rn star hair looks like?" Scenes where: Police open the door to a house and there's a man without a shirt wearing a bow and a girl with a... awkward Santa suit if you know what I mean. An old man in a gas station gives a girl 'Love Cuffs'. A girl almost shoots a guys... place. And the talk at the dinner table is not good either. The mom tells the girl about sleeping with her husband... Etc. NOT FOR KIDS!!!!
Teen, 17 years old Written bysweetheart147 December 13, 2009

My favorite abc family movie

Hard to believe but this is my favorite chirstmas movie on abc family. I like how it has family, love which is very important durning the chirstmas season

ok...

it was ok....just ok....<(.n.n.)>k
Adult Written bywomack93 April 9, 2008

I was very disapointed that this was another attempt to aim a Christmas movie at younger viewers and have issues that they are not ready to handle. For the Family Channel it was surprising. I think they could have made this a very good film for the whole family without all the sexual overtones that is had. Parents should be warned that this is a movie with topics that need to be discussed openly.
Teen, 14 years old Written byHTFMime December 14, 2010

One of the most stupidist movies I had ever seen in my entire life!

Parent of a 6, 8, and 11 year old Written byfaith4jesus April 9, 2008

I enjoyed it. But wouldn't allow my kids to see it

I personally enjoyed the movie. I have been a fan of Melissa Joan Hart & Mario Lopez since I was a teen so it was fun to see them in a movie together. My 11yr old asked if she could watch it but I decided against it. The fact that a girl is kidnapping a guy, it had a little bit of sex talk in it and the drinking wasn't something I wanted her to see. If she was a little older though it would be ok as long as we talked a bit afterwards.
Teen, 16 years old Written bySnowman__1632 December 11, 2014

A Somewhat Family Movie

Its has a theme of kidnaping but overall good with little sex references.
Kid, 10 years old November 23, 2013

wist movie ever. so stupid

i say this movie on abc family it was not a PG movie it was like an R movie it said more crus words than a PG-13 move should. if that was a PG movie to the rating people that should get better people to rate the movies. horrible it sucked so much i think my mom most changed the chanal. i would rather watch dora than this.