All member reviews for Home Alone 3

Formulaic movie draws some laughs from pratfalls.

Kid, 12 years old April 11, 2011

Franchise goes from household burglars to international terrorists in this weird third outing

Unbelievable and stupid third installment leaves a lot to be desired. Everything from the traps to the acting needs a lot of improvement.
Kid, 10 years old August 12, 2011

good

it was so funny but some parts are inappropriate for some kids
Kid, 11 years old November 4, 2011

the "worst" of the four, when you put them all together

A good Home Alone movie, but compared to all the others, obviously the most inappropriate and violent. There is actually a cardboard cutout of a nude woman that had to be censored with sticky notes, and there is a drug-using lady in the movie. There is also a scene where a lady's pants split when she bends over. The most tween-oriented Home Alone movie by far, and one of my least enjoyed.
Teen, 14 years old Written byIlovemoviesreviews December 18, 2015

Unfunny and inappropriate

I loved the first 2 home alone movies but this movie is mostly unfunny. It also has a nude poster that was usually covered with sticky notes or a towl. PARENTS DON'T SHOW THIS TO YOUR KIDS!!!!!
Teen, 14 years old Written bygabemtz14 November 7, 2015

so very funny

home alone 3 is the funniest movie i've ever seen
Teen, 14 years old Written byVIBHUTI GUPTA December 30, 2011

Hmmm...!!! not a bad one..!!

i felt that the movie ws gd.. xcept of some instances
Parent Written bymattbruns3 October 25, 2015

Good movie for families

This is a family movie.
Kid, 8 years old July 8, 2015

Hilarious but painful prequel has tons of violent content.

My rating:PG-13 for intense sequences of painful/brutal violence.
Written byAnonymous February 24, 2015

Threequel is a little different from the first two

My rating:PG for rude humor and thematic material
Kid, 10 years old March 17, 2014

Home alone

I think that this was a great movie! I think that the only problem with it was the slapstick violence. I think that it could give the wrong message to kids younger than 7.
Kid, 10 years old March 2, 2014

A bit of a tacky remake.

I was disappointed, it was alright. But the bad guys were smarter, and the boy doesn't play a good role as the original Kevin Mccalister. This would be a 4, if it would've had more thinking time put into it.
Kid, 7 years old August 16, 2013

very good but not the best in the series

its very good not the best and like all of the home alone it has violence and cool mostly electric traps and some sex when his brother had a picture of a woman but no nudity is shown
Teen, 17 years old Written byTheTrillonaire July 5, 2013

Iffy for Tweens, OK for teens.

Funny Movie for Preteens and Teens.
Teen, 17 years old Written bySeb Mayers June 5, 2013

It's fun, but it's no classic.

I personally think it's more for maturer children than the previous Home Alone instalments. Instead of there being Kevin in this Home Alone instalment, there is Alex. When his Mum "Deliberately" leaves his son at home, a group of burglars plan to steal a million dollar chip from his house. The film at least had a very important message. (Don't leave very young at home on purpose, just incase if they phone the police without asking.)
Teen, 14 years old Written byFlaming Pencil December 22, 2012

What?!

OK, this movie has too many plot holes for me to enjoy it. I think you need to stay clear of this one.
Parent of a 7 year old Written bykristin1234 December 16, 2012

Too violent

My 7-year-old daughter loved this, but I thought there was too much serious violence in it. The boy is fighting international criminals, and sets a number of traps in his house. Many of the traps are things that would be fatal if they were done in real life -- extended electrocution, dropping very heavy things on people from the roof, etc. I wasn't comfortable with my daughter laughing at that kind of violence, even when it is against bad guys.
Teen, 15 years old Written bychargnar February 12, 2012

It's Pretty Good

Keep in mind that Culkin is not in this movie. Think of it as a different movie. It's ok.
Teen, 15 years old Written byRobbyboyfye16 February 12, 2012

cfgcfg,.

has better jokes and gags than both the 1st and 2nd
Teen, 14 years old Written byBieberFreakinFever December 21, 2011

ok

it's ok... not nearly as good as the orignal.
Parent of a 5, 6, 7, 10, 10, and 17 year old Written byCharlie The Cat December 18, 2011