Educator Written bymaddox121 August 7, 2015

im dead

Language- it has dam-s and he-ls and b--chs Violence-Kevin is home alone Drugs-cigar Sex-none
Parent Written byMeerkat.dog.yo July 17, 2015

Oh my god, so funny!

This movie was hilarious. 75% of it was pure laughs. Tons of slapstick= so fake, yet so funny! But there's also some unexpected swearing. "S--t," "b--ch," "a--". Other then that, super great!
Educator and Parent Written byjonnyb7800 November 25, 2014
Adult Written byhelsingmusique October 5, 2014

I see no problem with it

I adore this movie, it is one movie that I watch every Christmas, nothing in the film actually strikes me as anything to really worry about with your child, there might be a slight fright near the end, but it is quickly resolved in a satisfying way and shouldn't really frighten most children. I wouldn't say this film is troublesome at all.
Parent Written bymontessori_mom July 2, 2014

Language ruins it for younger set

Curses are sprinkled in as described, but I was unpleasantly surprised by the insults that were nearly constant. "Jerk" "moron", etc. Really awful, imho.
Parent of a 1 and 6 year old Written bybrettyd December 30, 2012

there is a reason it is aired every christmas on tv, its great

if your child can follow a story line and likes a bit of fun and kids getting one over on adults then , this is the right film for them, full of comical /slapstick violence, a tiny tiny bit of cussing, a tiny bit of product placement , this film is about a child who gets left home alone and has to defend his familys home from burgulars, this ensues in all manner of funny booby traps and trickery, this film is a classic, the first film my son watched all the way through when he was 6 months old and has seen it dozens of times since, there is a reason that it is aired on tv every christmas, its great!
Adult Written bywonder dove November 5, 2012

Lots of fun for everyone!

A classic! I love this movie, but I think I enjoy the 2nd one a bit more. Kevin, who slept on the 3rd floor for the first time, is left at home by mistake when his entire family takes off early to Paris for the holidays. His relationship with some of his family members are not very good, so Kevin sees it as being a treat. The whole house to himself! Until he realizes that two burglars are amongst him, getting ready to rob the place. Kevin puts on his thinking cap and gets smart, building booby traps throughout his house to terrorize the two. With flights completely booked, his parents try desperately to get home to their son. There is violence (traps, falls, getting burned, stepping on nails...etc) but nothing drastic, it's all humorous. Language is average...mostly typical words you would hear from kids and tweens (@ss, rump kisser, hell, one sh*t) some rudeness. There is one phrase I used to think was embarrassing when I was 8 years old "I wonder if french babes shave their pits!" is said by one of the boys. Kevin finds a playboy magazine and quickly gets rid of it. There is a video tape Kevin watches that he's not supposed to with hateful words between characters. That's pretty much it! If you're afraid of spiders like me, there are some scary spider scenes. Overall, fantastic little gem.
Parent Written bychildrennothebest December 19, 2011

Harmless!!

Parents act like kids are going to repeat the words but if you trust your kid they are probally not! And its educational because it teaches parents to not leave your child at home and it is educational because it teaches your child to be brave and to NOT GIVE UP!!!!!
Adult Written byhellomynameisgeorge November 26, 2010

funny

great christmas movie. ive seen it a million times and never gets old. funny movie, keven is very brave in this movie staying home alone. on for kids 7 and up. way better then home alone 2. i give this a 8.5/10
Parent of a 17 year old Written bylove2 September 29, 2009

luv it

luv it!!!!!
Parent of an infant year old Written byabui22 March 4, 2009
Parent of a 6 and 8 year old Written byYBNormal January 7, 2009
Adult Written byRCEdmonds April 9, 2008
Adult Written bybigaztec April 9, 2008

Holiday Classic

Kids love the sense of empowerment it gives them to take a situation in their own hands. While the situation would normally be very scary, I think the physical comedy really works here.
Parent of a 12 year old Written byTsion April 9, 2008