Slapstick comedy is funny but full of iffy stuff.

Kid, 12 years old July 23, 2016

Good, except some adult humor.

I think Home Alone is a good classic movie to keep everyone entertained. They do curse a fair amount, and the boy did find a Playboy (Adult magazine) so always watch with caution. The story line is unique, and each character seems to have their own personality. Overall, I liked it, but for younger viewers I'd watch with a parent.
Kid, 12 years old March 7, 2016

Awsome

an amazing movie i would reccomend to anyone
Adult Written byLowe's man February 21, 2016

Which came first, the chicken or the egg?

Given the very premise of the movie, younger children need a certain understanding of what is appropriate behavior and what is inappropriate behavior before they watch this movie. More specifically, they need to know that 2 wrongs don't make a right. Kevin's behavior was quite bad in the beginning of the movie, but so was the behavior of the rest of the family. An excellent time for parents to ask their children if the rest of the family was rough on Kevin because of his behavior or if it was the other way around. When the rest of the family left for Paris without Kevin he immediately understood the importance of family and wished them back. In the meantime he learned how to be resourceful and plan ahead. He was quite clever indeed! A great opportunity for parents to ask their children when in real life people have to go to elaborate lengths to protect their own safety. While his mother initially appeared harsh and strict, she obviously has a soft spot for Kevin. This is a fun and exciting movie. Moreover, while it's packaged as a Christmas movie, it can be watched all year.
Teen, 14 years old Written byd1pent11111 January 9, 2016

So many negative comments. This movie was good!

Almost every comment I've read so far has been bad. This movie was fine for kids. Watch it yourself before you show it to them, as it contains some (but not much) language, like @$$, d*mn, and h*** (although, that one could go either way). Also, everyone says that the uses of jerk, moron, etc. are bad, but they should be fine. Any language should be fine as long as you have a conversation with your kid. Also, the injuries to people. If young kids are scared, just remind them that it's all makeup (sources for this: I had to do that when I saw it.). Thank you for reading this, um, essay, and I hope this helps.
Teen, 14 years old Written bygabemtz14 November 26, 2015

Funniest movie ever

Educator Written bymaddox121 August 7, 2015

im dead

Language- it has dam-s and he-ls and b--chs Violence-Kevin is home alone Drugs-cigar Sex-none
Parent Written byMeerkat.dog.yo July 17, 2015

Oh my god, so funny!

This movie was hilarious. 75% of it was pure laughs. Tons of slapstick= so fake, yet so funny! But there's also some unexpected swearing. "S--t," "b--ch," "a--". Other then that, super great!
Teen, 14 years old Written bytoysorama. June 4, 2015

Funny and charming

It's just got that Christmas vibe and spirit to it while also being fun and enjoyable. There is a lot of violence at the end but it's all slapstick and comedic so it's not bad
Kid, 11 years old March 24, 2015

Amazing film!

I really loved this film! It was so awesome and funny! The ending is very emotional and touching :)! But, wouldn't recommend for kids under 8. Has the word sh_t, but its just used once. Also includes ass, but not that many too innapropriate words.
Kid, 11 years old February 27, 2015

Good Holiday Movie, but Mild Violence.

Mild violence. Good holiday family movie. Some bloody stuff and bandits get beat up while trying to rob a house, with a kid alone in it.
Kid, 12 years old January 3, 2015

Language Not So Good

I think the language is horrible for little kids the whole entire way. The violence is way too much for a sensitive kid to take for sure let alone the language. I say to know your 9 year old well, and make the choice based on maturity.
Teen, 13 years old Written bybtoc007 December 28, 2014

Retard kid misses plane

The only bad thing in this movie is the violence. The kid was being a idiot so his parents forgot to bring him on vacation. So some robbers try to get in the house. But the kid is so smart that he beats fully grown men.
Kid, 10 years old December 10, 2014
Educator and Parent Written byjonnyb7800 November 25, 2014
Adult Written byhelsingmusique October 5, 2014

I see no problem with it

I adore this movie, it is one movie that I watch every Christmas, nothing in the film actually strikes me as anything to really worry about with your child, there might be a slight fright near the end, but it is quickly resolved in a satisfying way and shouldn't really frighten most children. I wouldn't say this film is troublesome at all.
Kid, 10 years old August 25, 2014

Slapstick Comedy is a classic!

This is a must-see classic!
Kid, 9 years old August 15, 2014

good movie

good movie but the booby traps at the end are a bit violent
Parent Written bymontessori_mom July 2, 2014

Language ruins it for younger set

Curses are sprinkled in as described, but I was unpleasantly surprised by the insults that were nearly constant. "Jerk" "moron", etc. Really awful, imho.
Kid, 10 years old March 17, 2014

Home alone

I think that Home Alone was awesome. I think that it had some slapstick violence that could give kids the wrong message if they are really young so I wouldn't show your kid until they are 6-7 depending on the child.
Kid, 10 years old January 19, 2014

Good movie

I like this film but there is moderate violence in this but over 8's wouldn't be affected by the violence in this movie.