All member reviews for Home Alone

Slapstick family holiday comedy brings the pain.

Kid, 12 years old January 3, 2015

Language Not So Good

I think the language is horrible for little kids the whole entire way. The violence is way too much for a sensitive kid to take for sure let alone the language. I say to know your 9 year old well, and make the choice based on maturity.
Teen, 13 years old Written bybtoc007 December 28, 2014

Retard kid misses plane

The only bad thing in this movie is the violence. The kid was being a idiot so his parents forgot to bring him on vacation. So some robbers try to get in the house. But the kid is so smart that he beats fully grown men.
Kid, 10 years old December 10, 2014

Educator and Parent Written byjonnyb7800 November 25, 2014

Written byAnonymous October 10, 2014

Classic John Hughes "family comedy without the family" is perfect for kids

This is a fan-spanking-tastic movie but it does have some brief violence (Kevin watches a movie where a guy shoots a another guy, the old man whacks the burglars in the head with a shovel, some comic violence) but the language is surprisingly not bad. (sucks, hell, jerk(s), frickin') All in all, it's perfect for kids and anyone who wants to enjoy a classic John Hughes movie.
Adult Written byhelsingmusique October 5, 2014

I see no problem with it

I adore this movie, it is one movie that I watch every Christmas, nothing in the film actually strikes me as anything to really worry about with your child, there might be a slight fright near the end, but it is quickly resolved in a satisfying way and shouldn't really frighten most children. I wouldn't say this film is troublesome at all.
Kid, 10 years old August 25, 2014

Slapstick Comedy is a classic!

This is a must-see classic!
Kid, 9 years old August 15, 2014

good movie

good movie but the booby traps at the end are a bit violent
Parent Written bymontessori_mom July 2, 2014

Language ruins it for younger set

Curses are sprinkled in as described, but I was unpleasantly surprised by the insults that were nearly constant. "Jerk" "moron", etc. Really awful, imho.
Kid, 10 years old March 17, 2014

Home alone

I think that Home Alone was awesome. I think that it had some slapstick violence that could give kids the wrong message if they are really young so I wouldn't show your kid until they are 6-7 depending on the child.
Kid, 10 years old January 19, 2014

Good movie

I like this film but there is moderate violence in this but over 8's wouldn't be affected by the violence in this movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written byRallo_swag November 29, 2013

rlguj;olkh;jsboiw

YHJglsdh.kujv,bzdjkmxhgz.kxj
Teen, 15 years old Written byJ4VZ October 13, 2013

one of my best childhood films

classic family movie
Written byAnonymous October 1, 2013

Wonderful movie!

Although this movie said "hell" and "sh*t" and a few others, and has lots of slapstick, this is actually a pretty tame family movie. It was so funny and has a spot-on plot as well as great acting. This has to be one of the best films of all time!
Kid, 7 years old August 11, 2013

best movie ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh my i laughed so hard its the best movie its for kids i watch it every year and i laugh all the time i love it its so good watch it its my favorite movie
Kid, 12 years old August 6, 2013

Home Alone is Awesome!

i think home alone, all of them, especially 1 and 2. I was very reluctant to try this movie because its pretty old. My dad forced me and i loved it! Im in 8th grade but i still loved it so i have no idea what common sennse media was thinking when they didnt rate it well! I can guarentee you will be laughing the whole time!
Teen, 13 years old Written byTheBombFunn June 16, 2013

Love this movie.

Teen, 17 years old Written bySeb Mayers June 5, 2013

A Holiday Classic!

A generally wonderful fun, although parents should think twice before showing it to very young children. The slapstick was what left a benchmark on John Hughes's career, and this film still remains as a very funny holiday classic. 5 Stars out of 5!
Kid, 11 years old March 29, 2013

Home Alone

I laughed my a** off. It was really hilarious though I presume the movie should be 7 and up because sometimes it gets very bloody. Has a bit of swearing but it's fine by me. The storyline is very vivid and entertaining. It's worth watching the serie (1-4) Movies.
Teen, 13 years old Written byLilyissilly February 18, 2013

Home alone

I think it's a great movie but it has some bad language