All member reviews for Home Alone

Slapstick family holiday comedy brings the pain.

Kid, 12 years old January 13, 2013

LOVE

My favourite film coming from a 12 year old!!! I love it! There might be some kind of violence but its funny! Some use of the words hell and ass, maybe some more. Good movie for 10+. That's all I have to say :)
Parent of a 1 and 6 year old Written bybrettyd December 30, 2012

there is a reason it is aired every christmas on tv, its great

if your child can follow a story line and likes a bit of fun and kids getting one over on adults then , this is the right film for them, full of comical /slapstick violence, a tiny tiny bit of cussing, a tiny bit of product placement , this film is about a child who gets left home alone and has to defend his familys home from burgulars, this ensues in all manner of funny booby traps and trickery, this film is a classic, the first film my son watched all the way through when he was 6 months old and has seen it dozens of times since, there is a reason that it is aired on tv every christmas, its great!
Teen, 16 years old Written bymoviewannabe December 22, 2012

LMAO!!!!

Holy cow!! The booby trap part of the movie almost made me piss my pants!!
Teen, 14 years old Written byFlaming Pencil December 22, 2012

Deserves six stars!

Home Alone is full of pratfalls, worried mothers, foolish thieves, and the best child actor ever. This film is classic.
Adult Written bywonder dove November 5, 2012

Lots of fun for everyone!

A classic! I love this movie, but I think I enjoy the 2nd one a bit more. Kevin, who slept on the 3rd floor for the first time, is left at home by mistake when his entire family takes off early to Paris for the holidays. His relationship with some of his family members are not very good, so Kevin sees it as being a treat. The whole house to himself! Until he realizes that two burglars are amongst him, getting ready to rob the place. Kevin puts on his thinking cap and gets smart, building booby traps throughout his house to terrorize the two. With flights completely booked, his parents try desperately to get home to their son. There is violence (traps, falls, getting burned, stepping on nails...etc) but nothing drastic, it's all humorous. Language is average...mostly typical words you would hear from kids and tweens (@ss, rump kisser, hell, one sh*t) some rudeness. There is one phrase I used to think was embarrassing when I was 8 years old "I wonder if french babes shave their pits!" is said by one of the boys. Kevin finds a playboy magazine and quickly gets rid of it. There is a video tape Kevin watches that he's not supposed to with hateful words between characters. That's pretty much it! If you're afraid of spiders like me, there are some scary spider scenes. Overall, fantastic little gem.
Kid, 9 years old August 25, 2012

Home Alone rules!!!

Who couldn't love Home Alone? Only bad part: Kids may want to be like Kevin
Teen, 13 years old Written byanna1999 July 16, 2012

Good movie that sets a good example for children, great family movie!

Quite funny slapstick humour for young and old kids. The child left behind is very responsible, sets a good example for children because of his mature actions to looking after himself. There is a teenage character who briefly questions his friend about nude beaches and french babes, mild but watch out.
Kid, 9 years old July 10, 2012

VIOLENCE ALERT!

In every movie the burglars are trying to KILL Kevin. Kevin hurts them with all of these innocent stuff. This movie is definitely violent.
Kid, 8 years old March 31, 2012

Great movie

Great Movie
Teen, 15 years old Written bychargnar February 12, 2012

Hilarious

A holiday classic that kids will love
Teen, 15 years old Written byRobbyboyfye16 February 12, 2012

jbmmnnnnlok

humor is old with nothing funny left
Teen, 15 years old Written by99IsMyLuckyNumber December 29, 2011

Yesyesyesyesyesy :3

I like, love slapstick violance. It reminds me of chapstick which tastes like cherries :3
Teen, 13 years old Written bydasdasdasdasdas December 23, 2011

Fun movie

Great movie. Although it is not age appropriate for younger children it is a great movie for young and old.
Teen, 14 years old Written byBieberFreakinFever December 21, 2011

great holiday movie

Home Alone is a Christmas classic! I love it, but i woulden't recomend it to kids under 8 de to constant violence of some sort and some bad language.
Parent Written bychildrennothebest December 19, 2011

Harmless!!

Parents act like kids are going to repeat the words but if you trust your kid they are probally not! And its educational because it teaches parents to not leave your child at home and it is educational because it teaches your child to be brave and to NOT GIVE UP!!!!!
Teen, 15 years old Written byhomealonefan123 December 13, 2011

awesome classic. 5 stars

this classic comedy is awesome. but some bad messages. including kevin mouthing off to his parents and swearing. the kids in kevin's house are almost big bullies. but great movie.
Kid, 10 years old June 26, 2011

Home Alone

* Violence- Pause- Slapstick Violence, Mischief, and peril. * Sexy Stuff- On- None. * Language- Pause- Strong language for a PG. * Drinking, Drugs, Or Smoking- In 1 scene, Kevin watches a movie and it had smoking only once. * The good stuff- * Educational Value- 1 out of 5- Kids will learn how to make booby traps. * Positive Messages- 0 out of 5- None. * Positive Role Models- 0 out of 5- None. This movie is really good!!!
Kid, 9 years old May 5, 2011

I love this movie!

I love this movie! I've been watching the Home Alone movies since I was little, and still do!
Kid, 11 years old May 2, 2011

MY MOVIE TITLE

EVEN THOUGH I LOVED THAT MOVIE DOESNT MEAN IT IS APPROPRIATE FOR 5 YEAR OLDS IT HAS SOME BAD SCENES BUT I BET IT WASNT THE BADDEST MOVIE EVER
Kid, 9 years old March 21, 2011

gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood

Great movie language is iffy.no use of the s word or this would be a PG-13 MOVIE.ITS FUNNY WHERE SHE IS LIKE KEVIN.