All member reviews for Homeward Bound: The Incredible Journey

Teen, 13 years old Written byreviewgirl13 April 27, 2009

Good movie, and very sad.

I actually still watch this movie sometimes. It's sad, heartwarming, funny, and touching. Parents, there's nothing to worry about; no bad language, no smoking, not really anything that will concern you. But, you must know your child well, because this movie can make them cry and/or become frightened. You see, I even felt a little sad watching this movie. One dog, Shadow, becomes hurt and the cat, Sassy, and the other dog find Shadow in a ditch lying in the ground, hurt and dirty. He's weak and he's trying to make it back up to his friends, but keeps falling. Then, he says that he can't go on with the two. It's a sad scene. There are more scenes like this, and your kid(s) may become sad.
Kid, 10 years old January 22, 2011

Kid, 10 years old December 25, 2008

really good movie!!!

Kid, 11 years old February 28, 2015

Great Film!

Some sad parts when Sassy almost dies. I cried at that. Otherwise a heartwarming, adorable movie that everyone should see.
Teen, 13 years old Written byDisneymovielover77 August 10, 2014

A sad but really great dog family movie

I watched this when I was 7 and I loved it!!!! Your kids will love Chance,Shadow,and Sassy. Chance is the funny one in the group his jokes are funny. Chance and Sassy may fight but you can tell that they really care about each other. Shadow is the one that leads Chance and Sassy on a incredible journey in order to get back to their owners. Sassy argues with Chance but she cares about Chance,Shadow,and their owners. This is a great film. There is nothing and I repeat nothing to worry about in this movie. There is violence but it is NOT a problem because the director had the movie at a kid-friendly level with no blood or gore. This movie will make you laugh during the funny parts. I was obsessed with this movie when I was 7 and I still love it. There are also great quotes such as " That is not true,I want you with me. I love u Shadow." The acting is also superb as well as the way the actors are in this movie. They picked a great cast. You learn a lot of great messages in this film such as family. They went on the journey only because they missed their owners and decided to go on a incredible journey home. This is a great Disney movie. It's not dumb. I thought that it deserves an Oscar. It's a classic. It makes me feel better in a lot of ways it's also my go-to besides Soul Surfer and some of my other favorites. It's an A+ classic and if you have kids who love animal movies such as Because of Winn-Dixie or Balto then they will love this movie. It's a feel good movie for all audiences from children to adults. I love to watch this movie. There are really sweet scenes in the film and great humour.
Kid, 12 years old January 3, 2014

Actually very upsetting and violent.

A great film, but contains a few scary scenes which can make some viewers upset. It contains a small amount of violence however, when the porcupine hurts one of the dogs, another dog gets told off by a bear (the bear doesn't attack or growl though, it just stands up, scaring the dog away) and (SPOILER) another dog gets trapped in a ditch of mud, and a cat almost drowns in the film. Very upsetting for some people.
Kid, 10 years old June 13, 2013

Beautiful

I looooove this movie!!! The animals are strong and help each other. They are cute and fun. I say watch it, any age, keep it with you for a lifetime, an instant disney classic, the best dog movie ever.
Kid, 12 years old May 14, 2013

We're Bound for Home

I think this movie is great and includes amazing storytelling while including great character development, drama, and important life lessons and is truly heartwarming.
Kid, 12 years old January 9, 2013

A Great Movie For Kids 5-8

I read the book for my homescholl curiculum. I always watch a movie based on the book I read. There's no violence, just some peril. Nothing else is an issue.
Teen, 13 years old Written byJustino4 April 23, 2011

Perilous

The movie was scary and perilous throughout, so I think it should be rated above G for sure.
Teen, 15 years old Written byarthur16morgana January 19, 2011

i love this movie.its funny and cute and i cried in parts of it. i love the dogs and the cat. chance is just so funny.love shadow.and loves sassy personality.amazing movie. ive probably watched 15 times!!!!!
Kid, 11 years old July 21, 2010

This is a great moive!

I love this moive. Its very very good.
Kid, 11 years old May 20, 2010

great for anyone

great movie for anyone
Kid, 12 years old December 12, 2009

great animal adventure

this movie is just an amazing story!!! Kids 6 and up will love it!! It gives them very positive messages and teaches them very important messages about sticking together through thick and thin. The only concern i would have is there are some scenes with mild peril.
Kid, 12 years old November 9, 2009

GREAT MOVIE

The incredible journey is certaintly incredible!!!!!!! There is lots of adventure,peril,and mild vilonce in this movie but nothing a six year old can't handle. A good movie in my opinion i recomend it to ALL kids 6 and UP!
Kid, 12 years old November 5, 2009

Nice family movie

I loved this movie since I was 3!
Kid, 10 years old June 29, 2009

Kid, 12 years old June 9, 2009

good movie

i just saw this so when i saw it i thought it was pretty good.
Kid, 9 years old February 23, 2009

This used to be my favorite!

This movie was sad, funny and touching. It was filmed with very cute pets with loving personalities. 8+
Teen, 14 years old Written bymkalv February 2, 2009

Funny.

I love animals, and this movie made me smile. The animals are cute, and the voice characters are perfect at capturing their personalities. Reccomended.