All member reviews for Hoodwinked Too! Hood vs. Evil

Fairy tale sequel has tired jokes, tedious references.

Parent of an infant, 5, and 5 year old Written bymdpack May 3, 2011

General rule of thumb II movies are not as good.

Hoodwinked Too continues where the first movie left off. The characters go to work for the happily ever after agency. The storyline of the movie is solid and the first half of the movie lives up to the reputation of the original, however the second half of the film felt more disjointed, like they were trying to hurry and get to the conclusion, it became very dark and more scary, the spider, and the fighting with the giant Hansel and Gretel. I can't really put my finger on what bothered me, overall first half of the movie - great, second half so-so. Not as good as the original. (Soundtrack on the original is better as well).
Adult Written bywallyk2334 May 4, 2011

Not worth time or money

Very boring movie with only a few funny spots that you have already seen in the trailers. The 3D was the worst I have seen since the 90s!! Definitely not worth the additional price of tickets. I would definitely recommend waiting for the rental. Rio is a million times better if looking for a good kids movie.
Parent Written byGlam-ma1 September 25, 2011

Bad messages

I read a review that said the movie has a good message because it says just because you're #2 doesn't mean you aren't special. This may be true, but there are so many other bad messages in the movie I will probably forget some of them. I did not like making children (Hansel & Gretel) villains in the movie. I think the German (Dutch) people have suffered enough over the years - no other group of people continues to be as villafied as the Germans. Children should NEVER be set up as villains - especially kidnapped children! Bad bad message. A lot of the movie is way over a 7 year olds head. Why does there have to be swearing in a movie - even if it is the word 'muffin' in place of a swear word. Toward the end of the movie the goat sings an opera (beautifully I might add), but he is hit and (apparently knocked stupid) - so what happens? He becomes a southern hillbilly and falls down a manhole....besides Germans - southerners are picked on waaaaaaaaay too much. On the positive side the movie had beautiful color and was most likely expensive to make. I just found the movie flawed - fortunately most 7 year olds would not understand the bad messages in the movie.
Adult Written byTimTheTVGuy December 30, 2012

A Very crappy movie.

I gotta admit,the first one was really good.But this one sucked.First off,it's BORING.My family was bored by this terrible sequel too.The so-called "film" was nothing but cliches,lame exacutions,bad acting,eye burning CGI,and a poorly-written storyline.Avoid this movie if you can.
Adult Written byJEDI micah December 23, 2012

What a pointless sequel.

Hoodwinked didn't need another one. It was just fine the way it was. There was no need to make a sequel! Although the animation is a little bit improved, the jokes, story, and voice-acting is not impressive enough. For families who are looking for a fun family movie for the weekend, I recommend something else! Perhaps the original movie would be nice.
Parent Written bySmeade August 8, 2012

Not cutesy, creepy

Cringed a lot at things characters said, words kids say you don't want them to learn
Teen, 16 years old Written byRobbyboyfye16 April 7, 2012

gfhh

boring that's all im saying
Teen, 15 years old Written byEinstein27brandon March 27, 2012

Disapointing reviews, you people

I don't understand some people.. This movie is great for all ages. Many of you wrote off the comedic value simply because you can't understand it. It was well written, almost as good as the first. ( Love the goat, btw:)) Also, many of you say " Oh stereotypes are negative, they're not true" Oh really? Stereotypes stem from the traits or repeated actions of particular people. They're based on repetition and truth.
Kid, 12 years old December 1, 2011

The CSM review is terrible

This movie was great! Common sense media always makes movies look bad:( This was a great sequel.:).
Adult Written byjohnnydepp November 3, 2011

LARRYS MAD

OMIGOODNESS DID YOU SEE THE TWO FEMALE SQUIRRELS EMERGING FROM SQUIRRLEY'S CHAMBER???? WOW RACY ALSO THE RACIST GIANT SCARED MY 40 YEAR OLD UNMARRIED CHILD WHO LIVES IN MY BASEMENT TO RILE UP!!!!! IT ALSO HAS TOO MUCH CYBERBULLYING
Teen, 17 years old Written byBlue-Bunny October 14, 2011

So-so sequel...

As you can see, this movie probably didn't do so well in the box office and for good reason: Hoodwinked 2 was just not as enjoyable or as clever as the first one. However, I don't think it's downright terrible, like most moviegoers. Although, when I saw the trailer, I did, but I gave it a try and decided it wasn't as terrible as I thought it was. Hoodwinked Too!: Hood vs. Evil did have its moments and did make me laugh a few times. I do have a few complaints, though. To begin with, some of the new character designs weren't as good. I thought Red's eyes were just a bit too big. Another letdown was how some of the original voice actors weren't there (Anne Hathaway, James Belushi, etc.). And as for Twitchy, his voice actor didn't change, but I felt that he wasn't talking fast enough. I like how in the first movie, he was all hyper, but now, his voice just seems a bit too soft for my tastes. Also, the dramatic scenes weren't very, well, "dramatic". The first Hoodwinked had better drama and felt more real, while the newer Hoodwinked's drama seems rushed and just not as good. And my last complaint is the animation. I didn't like it as much as I did in the first movie. Even though the CGI wasn't the best, it was still good, in my opinion. I think they should've just kept the original animation style and improved a bit, without changing the looks of the characters. But anyways, I wouldn't recommend going to the theaters for this, but rather watch it at home when you have nothing else to do. Overall, it was fine, but not up to par with the first Hoodwinked.
Kid, 11 years old August 22, 2011

Hoodwinked Too! Hood vs. Evil 101

Hoodwinked Too! is a great movie for children 6+. This movie had a suprising amount of language/name-calling for a childrens movie! Such as jerk-face, d*mn, shut up, loser, etc... Otherwise, this is a fine movie. Thanks for reading! :)
Parent Written bydr peper man 01 August 21, 2011

well

the movie was cute but way too so sad and depresing for me and my family to realy fully enjoy the way a movie should be enjoyed but red was cool so i guess it wasnt all bad
Teen, 13 years old Written byMissAbby August 7, 2011

Worst movie ever.

This movie was horrible. I went in with high expectations are left the theater extremley bored. Seeing this movie as a kid with my dad years ago made me think,"Oh my gosh,a sequel,It'll be awesome." I was very wrong. It was boring. I laughed once throughout the entire movie.The only 'inspiring' part was Granny was a good role model. It didn't realy have a good plot. The storyline was boring. The characters didn't have a good personality. The animation was terrible.
Teen, 16 years old Written bypiebloxxerpie June 25, 2011

COOL MOVIE

Cool, better for a little bit older kids.
Kid, 11 years old June 7, 2011

3-D stunk!

3-d stunk. it wasn't even 3-d. seriously, only the commercials were 3-d. And there was hmm... about FIVE! funny parts in the movie! they repeated the same jokes and when there were jokes they weren't completely funny. It's a cute story, but I would totally go see some other movie. The hardest i laughed in that movie theater seat was when a commercial came on for Winnie the Pooh. Yeah. Winnie the Pooh.
Kid, 11 years old May 13, 2011

Looks pretty stupid!

I don't want to watch it. Pretty bad movie! It makes hoodwinked worse!
Parent of a 3 year old Written byRomanygrrl May 7, 2011

Don't even think about it!

We lasted the first 20 minutes and took our just-3 out. Constant, unremitting top volume, rapidly sequenced violence and frightening images. Say no more.
Teen, 15 years old Written byOGORMAN May 4, 2011

Somewhat dysfunctional sequel doesn't make you want to watch it again.

Other than one use of d--- (by the wolf) and a few sketchy comments, there's no language, though "Muffins" is used as a substitute for swearing. Like in Hoodwinked, there's plenty of evil doers and explosions and the like (mainly cartoon violence), though poor Japeth the Goat can't catch a break no matter where he is. I was actually scared by this movie, but that was only because of the spider, little kids shouldn't have anything to fear as long as they're not scared of spiders like me. I laughed quite a bit, not as much as the first I believe, but still... the movie was quite funny. I don't really think it's a big concern but at one point the squirrel (I think his name is Twitchy, at least that's what I call him...) is seen showing two lady squirrels out of his home; obviously that can lead to some ideas if you catch my drift, but I mean still... It's a kid's movie it's most likely just meant to be funny. There's also some stereotypical characters: the Giant, he's portrayed as an Italian mob leader; or like the training lady at the kung-fu place Red goes to, I don't want to give away a good part of the movie with this one even though I don't condone stereotyping in anyway. Like most sequels though... still not as good as the first.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTerraRocks May 2, 2011

Great For The Whole Family

I think this was a good message for kids. The characters did stand up for themself, mostly Red. The movie had a surprising twist, which was also funny. It's a fun movie for little kids.